Home

Getting involved?

urluckyday

It's never a full house!

I think we're pretty on top of things as far as news is concerned, but we can always use feature writers: especially for articles (like "LucasArts Memorabilia" or "Why all Star Wars Games Suck"), but also for reviews (though we manage to get most LucasArts related games, some do slip past), and maybe previews and interviews.

We also could use someone who knows PHP and all that sort of stuff. Someone who could code us voting polls and redesign our gallery code etc.

But most importantly we need someone who can make our games database better. It's pretty good now, but we could do with more screenshots etc. particularly for the more obscure titles.

And if you could help with any of those things, you'd also be able to update the news if you wanted to.

Send me a PM if you -- or anyone else -- is interested!

I added this in my PM, but I figured that others would be interested as well...

Is there a time requirement in order to contribute. In other words, is there a specific amount of time that we have to put in in order to be able to help out?

Thanks!

Depends on how much we like you! We have people added that haven't shown up for years (right, ATMachine?)

In the end, though, Gabez will show up at your house with some cutlery to cut you off. Our "delete admin account" function is bugged so we have to do it the old fashioned way. Think of it as a way to motivate you! :xp:

On a serious note, I don't think there are any rules for how often you have to contribute content, but the more the merrier!

But most importantly we need someone who can make our games database better. It's pretty good now, but we could do with more screenshots etc. particularly for the more obscure titles.

Hey, have you guys thought of wikifying the games database? I assume that'd be a lot of work, but perhaps worth it in the end... at least, in my humble opinion. :)

We've put a lot of heavy consideration into wikifying the database, yes. Amongst other factors that made us decide against it, the database itself is not meant to be a wiki. It's not meant to go into epic levels of detail, nor is it meant to be publicly editable (the real Wikipedia exists for that).

Ah, okay, yes, I can see why you wouldn't necessarily want to wikify it. It was just a thought that crossed my mind - I do very much like the current games database.

And also, a Sam & Max wiki would be totally awesome! With the continuing amount of news surrounding the Freelance Police, I think it would be a much more active (and perhaps more wanted) place than the MI wiki.

Archived