Home

United We Stand

(Cyborg introduced the character, I just referred to it.)

Aeran let go of Sharas hands and nearly slapped himself when Thyrrn took down the Officer.

"I dont think that was your brightest idea, Marine, now we dont know the way to get to the big prize."

The Captain just stared at Thyrrn from behind his metallic faceless helmet, a lot similar to Aeran's because his was abandoned on a dead Sith's body.

"This will take a while..." Aeran muttered.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"This will take a while..."

Thryyn heard Aeran muttering and he turned his head to look at the Sith and mouth again, "Get the Hell outta here while you can!" while frantically pointing at this wrist -the universal sign of "Time's almost out!". He then turned to look at the back of the Sith Captain's head and asked the question again.

"So, Captain." He hoped that this voice was what it sounded like to him! "Care to explain? Or am I to assume that you've been aiding and abetting the Republic for a long time now?" He silently prayed that he could get the captain to do something stupid, just so he could shoot him and be done with this whole mess.

Looking down at his wrist chrono, Thryyn suddenly realized that there was only a handful of seconds until the explosion was set to go off...

((You know, Niftyeye, the Sith is facing the tree and I'm facing the Sith's back. He never saw me, just you guys. So, I'm just going to pretend that you never said anything about the Marine.))

Zarena stayed silent, stealthed against the wall. All seemed to be going well. The rag-tag bunch she'd arived with had managed to persuade all but the captain to go back into the base, and now Thryyn was verbally tormenting the captain.

She would have whistled if stealth could hide sound, or perhaps gone back into the base and chucked a few grenades around to persuade the Sith there really was a threat had she not used her last flash grenade in the battle at the stairwell. But she couldn't do either.

So she remained standing silent, stealthed against the wall.

The Sith Captain walked ahead of the group as his "commander" ordered him too. The Captain realized it was far too late to save his men but that didn't mean he couldn't save his own skin. With a sudden movement a man appeared behind the captain forcing him to sit in front of a tree.

"What's this I hear about Republic Agents infiltrating your base while on your watch?" He hoped that his 'High Sith Commissar' voice worked, and, from the view he had of the back of the man's neck, it did. "Not only is your security lax, but you allowed me to take you hostage. What is this? A circus or a Military Base?"

The Captain played along with the act just sitting there looking at him.

"Care to explain? Or am I to assume that you've been aiding and abetting the Republic for a long time now?"

The Captain could not see the man but looked down at his own armor. He looked at the slight reflection and saw this man was no leader of his.

"Well sir do not worry for, MASTER is just about here," The Captain said as he rose. The Captain walked behind the man and than sprinted away from the entire group back to his orginal path where sure enough MASTER was waiting. It was a large mech with high powered weapons and claw like arms for picking objects up. MASTER wasn't a sith lord, MASTER was a Mechanically Automated Sith Trooper Environmental Reconnaissance vehicle. MASTER scanned the group of three in front and the man in back. It took a step forward and fired a high powered laser.

"Now lets see you take on the true power of the sith!" The captain screamed as he got on top of MASTER's head.

"Now lets see you take on the true power of the sith!"

"Oh, ****." Thryyn muttered as he fired off three quick shots at the Captain as he was getting on top of the... thing's head. He knew that something was amiss the moment the Sith relaxed, but he'd never expected this!

Turning, he noticed that Aeran, Kevak, Shara, and two shimmering blobs were still there! "I thought I told you guys to get the hell away from here!" He said. "We've got... four, three, two..." The rest of his sentence was drowned out as the base blew up in front of him, scattering pieces of ferrocrete rubble amid the field where the melee was starting to take place.

A laser blast from the mech vaporized a large patch of earth a few centimeters in front of Thryyn, the sheer energy was enough that even at his distance he could feel the heat of the laser. Tossing a frag grenade into an opening he saw in the front of the mech, Thryyn rolled away from a laser blast. That settles it, I am getting way too old for this.

((Cyborg, why, oh why did you have to fall into the cliche trap and give this guy a mech?!?!))

"I thought I told you guys to get the hell away from here!"

"Nu draar." Shara called to him, "Not without you..."

Then the base exploded, Shara immediately rolled into a crouch and covered her neck- she would worry about the mech *after* she didn't get killed by shrapnel.

Unfourtunately that wasn't a plausable option, Shara felt the heat from the laser, "Haar'chak." She cursed and jumped up, she injected a stimulant and turned on an energy shield.

"Let's take 'em down." She called, rallying her comrades. "Anybody got a rocket launcher?" She called, backing away from the mech and tossing an ion grenade.

((Nu draar- No way!))

Aeran saw the Captain mount the 'MASTER' mech, while ignoring Thyrrns repeated signals to retreat.

Aeran slowly dropped to one knee very slowly and calmly, slowly taking out a grenade launcher and screwing it onto the gun, before loading in a grenade and firing at the MASTER, it didnt hurt it much, but it made it stumble.

"We need to get out of here, us gunners will cover you guys, the explosian about to go off in the armoury will finish this mech off for us. Now MOVE!" He shouted, firing off another grenade and pouring hell into the Mech.

(Ok, void Aeran calling you Marine, he said it because he was a bit annoyed lol)

Kevak watched as the captain hopped up on top of the giant mech's head. The thing was massive in size and had some very menacing fire power. Kevak threw his cloak off and took out his disruptor rifle and fired a shot at the captain. The shot just missed the captain's head and sailed across the sky.

"We've got... four, three, two..." Thryyn yelled but was drowned out by the base explosion.

The explosion echoed around the forest and lit the area up.

----------------------------------------------------------

MASTER fired its large chain gun at the group bellow only to be blocked by the armored man with the one eyed mask. The faceless armored man fired a grenade right into its chassis forcing it to step back. The girl then tossed and ion grenade at MASTER's foot however it wasn't effected by the emp. If one were to get close enough to MASTER one would find there were no wires no circuits nothing but pieces of a mech being held together by some strange...force. The Captain was expecting the group to take down MASTER for MASTER was the master's pet and the real master that he contacted was nearby holding this mech together.

---------------------------------------------------------

Kevak continued to deflect the chain gun shots with his vibrosword and chucked an ion grenade at MASTER like Shara had done. Once again the grenade did nothing. He looked up at a satellite device on the mech's head.

"Its shielding device is on its head, we take that down and we take this one down."

Ion grenades didn't effect the mech itself but it would effect the shielding device around, all they had to do was fire it at the shield.

((consider Mr. Mech here not really a mech but a bunch of pieces glued together that somehow works))

"We need to get out of here, us gunners will cover you guys, the explosian about to go off in the armoury will finish this mech off for us. Now MOVE!"

Thryyn brought up the stolen blaster rifle and followed Aeran's lead, pouring as much laser fire into the thing as he could. Changing the battery, he looked at the mech and saw, painted on the outer hull: "M.A.S.T.E.R."

Groaning in ironic realization, he threw another frag grenade at the mech and moved away from it as fast as he could, firing a few shots over his shoulder as he ran, though he guessed that they went wild -the first thing they taught in boot camp not to do.

((Got it Niftyeye.))

Aeran fired off another grenade, and then fired another burst while slowly backing away, he saw Thyrrn join him before getting ready to run.

Aeran also turned to run following Thyrrn's lead.

"I dont care if you command the force like I once commanded conscripts, we need to get the hell out of *here!*" He shouted to the top of his lungs, occasionly turning back to fire a few more shots at the Mech.

"I don't care if you command the force like I once commanded conscripts, we need to get the hell out of *here!*"

Thryyn bit the inside of his cheek to keep from laughing, and turned on his heal, standing still. Raising his rifle, he hit the selector switch and held down the trigger. In the five seconds he'd held down the trigger, he'd just ripped through his entire battery, all of the shots aiming at the head as Kevak had pointed out.

"Come on," he muttered to himself, watching the piecemeal mech start to groan as it moved, and slow down. "Come on..."

Zarena groaned. A mech. With her puny firepower, there wasn't really anything she could do against that level of armour exapt run. And running was something Zarena did pretty well.

She tried to stay hidden, hoping the mech didn't have scanners that would see through her stealth. Next time, bring more grenades. And don't use all of said grenades on Rancors.

She was a little ahead of the rest, further from the mech. As if she felt it would help, she raised her blaster and took a few shots at its legs.

---

Evelyn stirred. She felt as if she could meditate no more. She rose from her bed and paced around the ship, warming up the muscles in her legs. She approached the cockpit, and stopped, standing straight in the doorway, her eyes looking to find Bail.

"Did you find anything? We haven't heard from the rest of the team in quite a while."

Thryyn saw the blaster shots from Zarena hit the leg of the mech and, amazingly enough, blow a armored plate away...

I can't believe it! Thryyn thought to himself, pouring more fire into the mech. "That thing's powered by the 'Force'!" He called out to Aeran and whoever else deigned to listen. Then reality caught up with him.

"Damn! That means that whoever's controlling it has to be close... I hate fighting force-wielders."

((Wow, long break...))

MASTER took a step forward only to be hit with a series of blaster shots. A piece of its leg armor fell off revealing what appeared to be the force; the force was holding it together.

"That thing's powered by the 'Force'!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

All was still back at the Blade Glider. The strike team sent out had not returned for quite some time as planned. A dark hooded figure step away from the trees that she had so craftily hid behind. Behind her were four Sith strike commandos all dressed in black armor to match her robes. Lord Quin let her hood flop down off her head revealing her sandy brown hair and her brilliant green eyes. Lord Quin hardly looked like a Sith at all and that was one reason she was so deadly. Her beauty was her true weapon however, she could turn Jedi on Jedi, soldier on soldier, and Sith on Sith. In her right ear was a small device that prevented her from being detected by the force as did her four commandos. She took off her black robe and handed it to the nearest commando; the clothes she had under matched that of a farm girl. Her saber was hidden inside her farm outfit, and her disguise was now complete. She motioned for her commandos to go back into hiding and the obeyed. She undid her hair letting it hit her shoulders and walked onto the Blade Glider. She looked around passing a human and a twi'lek and stopped suddenly.

"Excuse me, I didn't mean to bother you but we heard violent noises and judging from the sith bodies outside you must be the good guys. Are you hear to save us from the sith?" Quin asked in the politest tone she could starring right at Erik.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Kevak threw his saber at the railgun on the mights right shoulder. The saber hit the railgun on the side and it made a satisfactory boom. He than ran to the right dodging the chaingun's shots and than flipped forward. He charged right at the mech and dove onto the ground firing right at the mech. At the last second he jumped up into the air avoiding the foot but forgot about the claws. A claw grabbed Kevak and pinned him to the wall beginning to crush him.

"Let's see how strong that exoskeleton is of yours Lord Phobos." The sith captain threatened. As more shots proceeded to hit the mech the captain looked over at the group. "Can you really shoot? You'll kill him too!" the captain laughed. The claw's grips got tighter and tighter on Kevak as he felt his body beginning to constrict. Kevak managed to grab hold of his disruptor rifle but the mech's grip was too strong for him to move his arm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Lord Quin waited for the human male to answer so she decided to seem a bit more farmer friendly.

"My name is Maroon by the way," she said as she stuck her arm out to him.

"Can you really shoot? You'll kill him too!"

Thryyn ground his teeth as the Sith Captain spoke. "What makes you think I give a damn?" He said in what he hoped was a properly menacing voice. "He's just another Sith bastard." With his part spoken he depleted the battery on the rifle, all the while retreating, like the rest of the group.

The shots he'd fired, unlike their appearance of being randomly fired, actually landed right where the marine had wanted them to. The claw constricting around Kevak sustained more than its fair share of hits, along with the area around where the Sith Captain had made his perch.

After knocking some plating off of the claw, Thryyn was not rewarded with the hiss of ruptured pneumatics nor the liquid spew of a disabled hydraulics system. "I hate the Force." He muttered to himself, changing the battery and noticing in some corner of his mind that he was almost out.

------------------

Vynn Drax had made himself comfortable in the dormitories aboard the Blade Glider before it had left Coruscant, and had fallen asleep as if he was hit in the head by a particularly large timber. He hadn't waken up during the fight, which made his suspicious as he woke up and checked his wrist chrono... How can it be bloody fifteen hundred? He groaned mentally.

He checked everything on him in the quick efficent way that only a soldier, either retired or active service, could. No, nothing's stolen... He then opened up the door and blinked against the harsh lighting. "How long have I been out?" He said to nobody in particular.

Stumbling over to the caf machine in the center room, he quickly poured himself a glass and downed it faster than it was poured.

Now that he was properly woken up, he walked down the ramp that lead outside and was able to hear what looked like a farm girl speak... but the words sounded more like something that he would've heard out of a bloody lord!

"Excuse me, I didn't mean to bother you but we heard violent noises and judging from the sith bodies outside you must be the good guys. Are you hear to save us from the sith?"

He walked over as he watched her stick out her arm to... whoever the hell that was, he couldn't remember them...

"Who do you mean, we?" He said, rather rudely. "As far as I can see, there's only one of you."

((Yes, Vynn lives! Astor gave me permission to use him since he hasn't been a part of this for a while... looks like I'm going to be rereading a lot of the beginning to figure out what he did...))

"Who do you mean, we?" He said, rather rudely. "As far as I can see, there's only one of you."

Lord Quin looked over at the man that had just entered the room and was already calling her out.

"Why Papa, Mama, my big brother Kip, myself and the rest of us farmers living here. We live about right under this canyon away from most folks, but that don't mean we're not bad people."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thryyn's blaster shots did a deadly deal on the claw that held onto Kevak, in fact it was enough to free his arm. Kevak raised his right arm holding the disruptor rifle and aimed at the captain.

"Let's see how strong that armor is of yours captain" Kevak said as he fired right into his face. The captain took the blow and fell off MASTER, his limp body smacking hard into the ground. Kevak turned to MASTER ready to finish it off but he didn't need to. The blaster shots from Thryyn hit the mech in the right place forcing the small device on its left shoulder to break. The force quickly went away and the mech dropped to pieces. Kevak got up slowly and walked over to the group.

"Thanks Thryyn, Looks like our force user isn't as close as we thought other wise hitting that device wouldn't have taken down that mech."

"Why Papa, Mama, my big brother Kip, myself and the rest of us farmers living here. We live about right under this canyon away from most folks, but that don't mean we're not bad people."

Vynn suppressed a snort at the girl's comment. "So, you're telling me that your supposed 'family' sent you," at this point he ran an appraising eye along her figure and wasn't disappointed. "A rather attractive young lady, alone to check out what this disturbance was?" He snorted again, this time derisively.

"This time, the truth please. Your tone isn't a Farm Girl's, no matter how schooled it is. So, who's we?"

Inside he was praying to whatever God's existed and hadn't scorned him that the answer wasn't what he was expecting.

----

"Thanks Thryyn, Looks like our force user isn't as close as we thought other wise hitting that device wouldn't have taken down that mech."

"You're welcome, Kevak." Thryyn said. "Yeah, this seemed almost too easy... as if it was designed to fail..." He face suddenly went ashen. "The ship! Dammit! This was a diversion! Think about it, the Sith were crafty during the war, but this... this is almost worthy of the Mandalorians, setting up assaults designed to fail in order to hit other places."

He ran an eye over the rubble, noticing that the chain-gun was slightly salvageable. "We've got to get to the ship!"

He made his way to the chain gun and checked if it would work... but his hopes were in vain, the thing wouldn't work without a power supply that fit in the socket... and none were in a usable condition. Pulling out his communicator, Thryyn turned it on, and was rewarded with the hiss of static.

"Kevak, they're still jamming us, looks like they're hitting the ship."

"...this is almost worthy of the Mandalorians, setting up assaults designed to fail in order to hit other places."

"Not quite." Shara grinned, and reloaded her blaster. "Nice firing Thryyn." She nodded toward him.

"I say we get the hell out of here before they decide to unleash anything else on us." She paused, "Ardana and I have a personal comm- usually very resistant to jamming devices. Do you want me to try it, if anything's happening back at the ship she can let us know."

Shara activated the comm, which crackled to life, "Ardana, Erik. It's Shara, do you copy? Over."

((So do you want it to work, and have some huge problem happening at the ship, or should it not work and have it be a big mystery until our group gets back?))

Zarena watched as her shots blew away one of the panel's on the mech's leg.

"That thing's powered by the 'Force'!"

Not that the Force seemed to help the mech. After Kevak had been lifted, Thryyn had managed to disable it by blasting it's arm.

"The ship! Dammit! This was a diversion! Think about it, the Sith were crafty during the war, but this... this is almost worthy of the Mandalorians, setting up assaults designed to fail in order to hit other places."

Zarena turned her stealth unit off and stepped closer to the group.

"Kevak, they're still jamming us, looks like they're hitting the ship."

"Then there's no point sitting about here complaining about it. We have to get to the ship."

Ever impatient, Zarena turned and began to move towards the ship, first walking then breaking into a steady jog. Whether she cared about the crew or not, being trapped on a planet with both Sith and Rancor wasn't her idea of a good time.

---

Evelyn peered at the scanners. She wasn't one for technology, so she wasn't exactly sure what anything on it meant. But there were no big dots chargings there way, no sirens, no flashing, no warning lights. So as far as she could tell, everything was alright.

She had left the cockpit to return to her chamber when she heard voices elsewhere on the ship and, curious, had decided to go and see what was going on.

What she found was a young woman, speaking to Erik, Ardana and Vynn. She shot her sternest of looks at Vynn's back. Where was he when we needed extra hands?

"This time, the truth please. Your tone isn't a Farm Girl's, no matter how schooled it is. So, who's we?"

Though Evelyn would easily trust a farm girl, Vynn had a point, so she remained still where she was and listened.

"Not quite. Nice firing Thryyn." She nodded toward him.

Thryyn allowed himself to smile a little bit. "Ah, I guess you'd know better." He shrugged. "It doesn't really matter to me, truth be told."

"Ardana, Erik. It's Shara, do you copy? Over."

"Then there's no point sitting about here complaining about it. We have to get to the ship."

"I'm gonna have to agree with Zarena here." Thryyn said, before any reply, if any, from Shara's personal comlink could come. "We've gotta haul ass in order to get to the ship soon."

He nodded towards Kevak. "Whenever you're ready..." Inside: How the hell did he get to be in command?

((I'd go with the 'big mystery' idea. Adds more suspense to the story.))

Kevak nodded in agreement and followed after her.

"Shara walk and talk with that thing, see if you can get a hold of your friends there"

----------------------------------------------------------

Either this man was really good or he was a persistent drunk, Quin was hoping for the second option.

"Now sir just because I'm a woman all alone up here doesn't mean I can't defend myself. Our farm is just under this canyon up here and if you don't believe me I can show you right now."

She stood there with her hands on her hips and an angered scowl on her face.

Ardana glanced at her comm, "It's Shara." She mouthed to Erik, she pointed to the cargo hold, where she slipped away into. The farm girl was boring her- something didn't feel quite right. Erik glanced at the twi'lek excitedly, he was beginning to think the whole party was dead. He knew that Shara could go long times without contacting Ardana, but that didn't mean he didn't worry.

The comm crackled in the hands of the younger twi'lek, she heard Shara's voice. "Ardana, Erik. It's Shara, do you copy? Over." Shara sounded so far away, Ardana felt a pang of lonelieness in her stomach. What if she never saw Shara again?

"I'm here. Over." Ardana called back into the comm.

-----

Shara glanced around at the group, relieved to hear the twi'lek's voice. "Good, Ardana... Is everything okay there?" She asked into the comm, there was a minute of silence then the twi'lek answered. "I don't know." She paused, there was silence over the comm, "Some strange people are here... I don't know what's going on. Where have you been?"

"Well, we had a bit of a.... large problem." Shara said, with a small grin flashing across her face, "But we should be coming back soon." Shara heard Erik's voice calling to the Ardana in the background. "Gotta go Miss Shara. Over and out." Ardana said hurridley. Then the comm went silent for good.

"Did you hear that?" Shara said looking around at the group, "What's going on back at the ship?" She looked gravely at Kevak, "We need to get back there right away.

"What's going on back at the ship?" She looked gravely at Kevak, "We need to get back there right away.

Kevak put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"You'll see your friends again, I promise."

----------------------------------------

Quin was about to say something else when she saw the perfect bait. A twi'lek had left the group and was on her way back. Quin suddenly jumped over the group and behind the twi'lek. She grabbed the twi'lek with one arm and placed her ignited blade right infront of the twi'lek's throat.

"Now this is how its going to work, you are all going to drop your weapons or this pretty little twi'lek never sees the sun rise again."

The four sith commandos moved from their spot and onto the blade glider. The ignited their light sabers and turned on their personal shield generators.

"Quite an impressive guess you had jedi" Quin said. "As for you, no tricks from you" Quin said eying the twi'lek's arm with the concealed wrist blade.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kevak had finally made it out of the woods and could see the Blade Glider. He watched as four Sith soldiers in black armor ran onto the Glider and activated their light sabers. Kevak followed after them but moved to the right avoiding the group. He saw Lord Quin with her saber to Ardana's throat and the four Sith soldiers surrounding the group. This wasn't going to end well, Kevak could tell.

Zarena trampled through the forest, her feet sparing no thought for the shrubbery crushed beneath her boots. But for all her speed, she was still too late. She arrived at the glider only to see the back of a Sith Commando entering the glider.

She swore under her breath, and put her hand to her stealth unit. Easy does it, these ones might might be able to see through your cloak. She marched forward, trying to stay quiet in her approach in case there were any soldiers still hidden that would notice her if she crunched through the clearing.

---

From her vantage point, Evelyn saw the girl jump at Ardana's throat, saber blazing.

"Now this is how its going to work, you are all going to drop your weapons or this pretty little twi'lek never sees the sun rise again."

She ducked behind the doorway, hoping the young woman had been too focused on Vynn and Ardana to notice her. She grabbed her saber from her belt, and heard the sound of footsteps clatering on to the ship. There was the sound of another four sabers igniting, and Evelyn turned her on at the same time, hoping the sound of the other sabers would cover the noise.

By the Force what do I do...? She wasn't stealthy and she doubted was skilled enough in the Force to yank the girl's weapon from her without hurting Ardana. So she stayed silent, back against the wall, and waited for an opportunity to strike.

"Are you guys stupid? They are only attacking our ship to lure us back, its so obvious, we should press on and finish this mission!" His plea fell on deaf ears as most of the crew headed off, but not Aeran, he knew that the battle at the ship would be too easy, for the sith meant it to be too easy... and while the crew were pulled to another position, the Sith would regain their ground right here, only to strengthen it.

Once again, still wearing the armour of the true sith, Aeran once again decided to disapear, taking up the stance of an enemy soldier and seeing more true sith in the distance running over to him.

"What happened here?" The leader of the soldiers asked.

"Those damn republic b*******s wiped out the MASTER and took out the rest of my squad, I dont know where they went, it must of been hit and run, good thing you boys showed up."

The True Sith Sergeant looked around, before ordering his men to take up positions, salvage weapons and ammo, and 'dig in', which meant creating cover, barricades and obstacles to defend from.

"Alright, good thing you survived this slaughter, help those men over there build that wall of sandbags" (or the Star Wars equivilent.. lol)

"Yes Sergeant." Aeran replied, heading off to pretend to be a Sith.. again.

'Maybe I should be a spy for hire after this' he thought jokingly.

(Sorry that I ditched you guys again lol.. but you all kind of posted so much it was hard to follow, I just thought Aeran better stay here, because I read all the posts, to me it looks like the Sith are just dragging you around places, atleast thats what Aeran thinks.)

Archived