Home

United We Stand

"Bail, why don't we fly away from the ring, say a hundred klicks or so, and then punch out of the atmosphere? If we fly low and fast enough, then we should be able to avoid the Sith's radar..."

"Because it's great risk staying in atmo for to long, if you take fire, you have higher chance of making it in space."

"Where's Aeran?"

"Didn't he come back with you guys?"

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Because it's great risk staying in atmo for to long, if you take fire, you have higher chance of making it in space.

Thryyn shrugged. "Yet another reason I'm just a ground pounder and not a pilot."

"Didn't he come back with you guys?"

"I don't think so... Kevak, did you see Aeran?" He looked over those assembled. "Did anyone happen to see Aeran?"

He'd better not be lone-wolfing it again! Thryyn thought. Its a sure way to start to identify with the enemy.

---

Vynn slowly sank to his knees in the engine room after Kevak and Shara had left. The Asdi high was starting to subside, and he could feel his conscious actually working... he figured he'd have another fifteen minutes before the third high kicked in.

In the interim... he had to get his hands on some type of cure!

"I don't think so... Kevak, did you see Aeran?"

Kevak had completely forgotten about Aeran and quickly looked around.

"I was positive he was with us when we got here, he's probably scouting the area right now to make sure its safe before we leave."

----------------------------------------------------------

"You lot! Advance to the known location of the enemy 'base of operations' and conduct a scouting run, what are you waiting for? Move it!"

Taven followed after his new pal and waited until they were out of sight.

"Its days like these I wish Scar was here right now, man he'd make our captain and any of these newbies here cry home to their mommies. I made that mistake once and I have never done it again, know what I mean?"

-------------------------------------------------------------

The small droid on the ship began to beep and whirl around everyone. Kevak looked over to it.

"Beep Beep Doweep weep"

"What?" Kevak asked.

"Beep Beep Doweep weep!" (Translation) "I'm receiving an urgent message!"

"What is that old rust-bucket saying?"

"Beep Beep Doweep weep!!" the droid said again.

"I honestly don't have the slightest clue on what this thing is saying, can anyone understand this droid?"

"Dowoop Woo" (Translation) "I need a hot oil bath after this" the droid said shaking its head.

((Sorry about the mild inactivity, I've spent most of the last few days in bed with a box of man-sized tissues.))

"Beep Beep Doweep weep!!"

Zarena scowled at the droid. "You got somethin' to say, rusty?"

She glanced back to the others. "Look, however we go about this, it isn't gonna be easy. Maybe we could break the scrap into pieces and give them lots of tiny fakes to work with?"

Evelyn shook her head. "It will take more willpower to control several small fakes than it will to control one big one. We wouldn't be able to hold them all for very long."

"I honestly don't have the slightest clue on what this thing is saying, can anyone understand this droid?"

Shara raised her hand, "I do. I didn't catch the first part but he just said that he could use a hot oil bath after this. I imagine he was saying something about fixing the ship." She shrugged, Shara couldnt' imagine what is was like to not be able to understand droids. It was an incredibly important skill.

"I think he mentioned that he has some old nav computers?" Shara's face twisted into confusion as she listened to the droid again.

"Bleep da dweet blip dwooo."

"We're flying a fake ship out right? The droid says he knows where there's some parts we can use."

((what do we want it to say?))

"I do. I didn't catch the first part but he just said that he could use a hot oil bath after this. I imagine he was saying something about fixing the ship."

The droid looked up at the woman's response.

"Boowoop Badadeep!" (Translation) "Someone whose smarter than a bantha, finally!"

The droid rolled over to the woman in excitement.

"I imagine he was saying something about fixing the ship."

The droid ran a quick check on the ship and saw that it was indeed damaged.

"Bodawoo Bleep Bleep Dowoo Deep Do" (Translation) "Based on that mechanical walker you encountered we can use those pieces and I can repair them, I'll display the message when the ship is fixed."

((Try to feel better patient_zero, and Rachel, does this sound good?))

"Boowoop Badadeep!"

Shara chuckled at the remark choosing not to translate it to the rest of the group.

"Bodawoo Bleep Bleep Dowoo Deep Do"

"He says that he can repair the ship's systems with parts from the mechanical walker we took down earlier. He'll tell us when he's fully fixed everything." Shara paused, "How long will it take you?"

"Dweet da bleep de."

"He says it won't take him very long. How long do we have Kevak?" She glanced back at the droid, "The sooner you can get started the better. We really appreciate your help." She smiled at the droid, she had learned even though they weren't really people, droids seemed to react better to you when you treated them with respect.

((sounds great CN. Tee hee, it's funny making the droid talk. XD I feel like an idiot making up little bleeps and blips.... =P))

Kevak sighed slightly.

"I guess that means I have pick the pieces up, what pieces do I need?"

"Bodoo...."

"On second thought just come with me, you too Shara and anyone else who wants to come along."

Kevak walked out of the ship at a quick walking pace.

"Dowoo Deep Dowoo" (Translation) "Someone needs to tell one eye over there to relax.

The droid rolled after the armored man.

Thryyn had slightly spaced out, still trying to keep awake... even though he didn't feel that tired in the slightest.

"Boowoop Badadeep!"

Now, he could only understand a little of the droid language, and thus was less-than-useless as an interpreter, but he did understand that one, loud and clear.

"I'm sure Banthas everywhere are insulted by your remark." He commented snidely after he'd finished translating it in his head.

He then shrugged after he saw Kevak walk out of the room and out of the ship. He was even able to translate the comment made by the droid for a change!

He followed after the Cyborg and figured he'd be able to do something other than shoot stuff for a change.

((Get better Patient_Zero, those types of illnesses suck I was lucky enough to get one during the summer one year.))

Kevak continued down the familiar path he had just been on an hour or so ago. He had two objectives and they were to get ship parts and find Aeran. The droid looked over to the republic soldier who was with them. He was another person who could understand what he was saying.

"Dee Dee Do Bleep" (Translation) "50 credits says I can take the armored guy in front of us down with one move."

Kevak ignored whatever the droid had said for he couldn't understand what it was saying in the first place.

"Dee Dee Do Bleep"

Thryyn could only make out: "50 credits...in front of us...one..." However, he could get the gist of what the droid was saying. He grabbed Kevak's armored arm to get his attention.

"Kevak, it appears that there's somebody in front of us... and, judging from what that droid just said, it's not friendly."

Thryyn then looked around. "I wonder what Aeran's doing about now... if he managed to hook up with a Sith outfit, than he's probably pitching camp somewhere and hunkering in for the night... if not..." He let that though go unvoiced, as much as he hated to admit it the Sith could take care of himself a damn sight better than most of the group back on the Blade Glider.

Jaq followed the group out of the ship and down the path they had previously taken. Along the way, the droid made little remarks and comments through its limited speech of "beeps" and "doos".

"Kevak, it appears that there's somebody in front of us... and, judging from what that droid just said, it's not friendly."

Jaq sighed. "Hmph... want me to take care of him?" he asked, his finger itching to switch on his Stealth Field Generator.

Kevak suddenly felt Thryyn grab his arm.

"Hmph... want me to take care of him?"

"By all means Jaq, please do"

"Dweep Bop Bo Do" (Translation) "Now theres a few more by him, about a mile or two up ahead.

"Thryyn what did it say?"

The droid made yet another comment. Jaq sighed. "Why didn't I bother buying that Astromech Droid Binary dictionary?" he thought.

"I'll just assume the stubborn trash-compactor made a tacky remark about our fleshy-status." he said, as he flicked his camo on. "See you in a bit!"

Jaq krept up ahead with his Vibroblade, then started jogging. He was a good distance away from the others to hear anything else. The path seemed quiet. There was nothing to be seen. Either the droid was pulling their legs, or this guy was covered with a camo field. Jaq quietly disapeared in the bushes, and saw the outline of an armored figure in the tree tops, lying on the think branches like a platform. He was holding a sniper rifle. Jaq reached for the comlink. "Kevak, we've got a sniper on our hands." he whispered.

He kept his distance away from the tree, and pulled out his Blaster Rifle. "I need a scope attachment..." he muttered in his head. He took careful aim at the sniper and fired.

"Wha---?" Jaq yelped under his breath. The blaster bolt hit the target, but the problem was it wasn't the target. The helmet fell off an empty suit of Sith Armor. "Damn! I've been played for!"

He felt a blaster bolt hit behind his back, which knocked Jaq over. Though his armor protected him, the blast was incredibly powerful and managed to dint a hole through it. "So thats what it feels like getting hit by a sniper..." the cloak deactivated, exposing Jaq. He looked behind and saw the outline of the real sniper, high up in the tree tops.

Jaq brought himself up and rapidly fired his Blaster rifle at the tree... only to hit nothing. The sniper had disappeared. "Dammit! Where are you?"

Aeran and his new friend were ordered to hang at the back and cover them, like he wanted to, the Sith Squad leader motioned to the ship, and a couple of soldiers sprinted up to run into cover, preparing to fire, more soldiers moved into equal positions, all ready to unload large amounts of fire on the ship.

'Atleast me and my new friend can keep out of this.. unless my lot start to lose.'

"Get ready to engage, over, artillery dog six, supercharge, supercharge, all rounds cap on and fire." The leader barked into the radio as a a distant rumble was heard, suddenly several canisters landed around the ship, releasing a substance designed to cause its victims to cough and struggle to see....

(It may seem a bit uber, but obviously there is no chance of them beating us ;), probably force users and those with gas masks wont be affected.)

Seeing Jaq being thrown over by a blaster shot, William quickly crouched down and found cover behind a tree. Reaching out with the Force, he sensed the sniper quickly darting from one area to the next. "He's no ordinary sniper," thought William. "The military doesn't teach you to use the Force to augument your speed."

After a couple of minutes, William let out a small sigh. "I can't get a lock on him, and there are a couple of more troops heading our way. If only I could warn Jaq."

"Now theres a few more by him, about a mile or two up ahead."

"He said there' a few more up there..? What are you-" Shara looked quizzically at the astromech droid, then a blaster bolt hit Jaq in the back. "Everybody get down!" Shara cried out, as she tumbled forward, pulling out her blaster. She shot off a few rounds in the direction of the blaster bolt, and slapped her sniper rifle scope on to her blaster in one swift motion as she came into a kneeling position.

She focued her scope on the trees, "I don't see anything." Then she stopped and looked at the droid who was at her side, "Can you scan for life forms in the trees?"

"Be bop boop dweet." (Translation) "There appears to be seven or eight ahead of us. Three in the trees, the rest in the bushes."

"How many?" Shara cried in disbelief,

"Dweet, da beep." The droid chirped, almost in annoyance. (Translation) "I said seven or eight, really you need to pay more attention."

"I was paying attention, but I can't watch the blaster fire and listen to you at the same time. Mind your manners or you're on the scrap heap after this." Shara snapped, "Tell me where they are. They've got stealth generators right?"

"Beeep, da beep tweet boop." (Translation) "Yes they do have stealth generators. If you move your rifle up approximately 13 degrees you'll have the head of one."

Shara did as she was told, and was pleased to see a slight glimmer in her scope, she changed her setting to thermal, then seeing the shape of a man took the shot. Shara smiled as the body of a Sith solider fell out of the tree, stealth field flickering off as he fell.

When the blaster bolt tore up the dirt next to his left foot, Thryyn let his training take him over and he was only just barely aware of his surroundings as he started to rip through a clip on his new blaster rifle.

After running through two clips in just under a handful of seconds, he slowly realized just where he was and the trailing edge of the astromech's message.

"I said seven or eight, really you need to pay more attention."

Swearing violently under his breath, Thryyn dropped his rifle, hoping he'd remember where it was, and took out his sniper rifle and flicked on the scope. Swearing again -they just had to be using Stealth Belts- he flicked a switch and the image suddenly jumped into the infrared range.

Finding a man sized shape that was about in the right temperature range, he depressed the trigger and absorbed the impact from the rifle's recoil.

((Whoops! Forgot about this for a little.))

Jaq approached the group cautiously. He looked at both Thrynn and Shara. "Given from the droids buzzing, our situation doesn't sound too good.

Jaq was suddenly faced with a dilemna. If they stayed together in a group, they'll be easy targets for the snipers. If they spread out, they could still get gunned down by the snipers, as neither of them knew where they were hiding.

"You, there! Droid! Can you use your radar to track the sniper's location?"

"You, there! Droid! Can you use your radar to track the sniper's location?"

"He did." Shara translated quickly, "There's about seven or eight he says. Now there's only five or six." She added, noting Thyyn's shot as well as her own.

"They're in the trees, well one now. The rest are in the bushes." Shara said glancing at the droid who was firing off a few blaster rounds. Shara saw the glimmer of a stealth field generator turning off, and another Sith down in the bushes this time. "I can't believe he actually hit that. What are you equipped with little guy?" She gave a quick look over the droid, "Kevak, this droid is illegally outfitted with some high tech weapons... Where did he come from again?"

"Kevak, this droid is illegally outfitted with some high tech weapons... Where did he come from again?"

Kevak had jumped at a shimmer and stabbed at it with his vibrosword.

"I don't know ask that Bao-Dur guy he built the thing."

The droid made chirping sounds like that of a maniac. It could see the targets and it was shooting them down.

"Boo Doo Beep Bleep Dwoo!" (Translation) "Unstable?!?!.... I'll show you whose unstable; die sith scum!"

Kevak took advantage of the droid's assault and attacked another one himself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Taven looked up ahead and heard blaster shots. He ran to the noise and saw a droid, a mandalorian, some girl,... Sion's apprentice and Kevak Phobos?!?! Taven turned back to the group and spoke on the private channel.

"Sir I've found the little republic party, can we crash it?"

Shara saw another stealth field generator flicker out of the corner of her eye. She felt a vibrosword come down on her arm, cutting it. Shara grimanced and rolled out of the way. She pulled out her vibroblade and turned to face the glimmer,

"Dweet!" (Translation) "In front of you!"

Shara stuck her blade, stricking something. The stealth field flickered off, revealing a Sith, "N'jurkad!" Shara yelled at him and hit the Sith with a barrage of strokes from her blade. He parryed a few, but she scored a few hits.

Shara moved out of the way as he swung his blade hard at her, she took the oppurtunity to deliver a kick square on his chin. He stumbled backwards and Shara pulled close to him, stabbing him in the stomach. The Sith fell wounded to the ground. "Ke nu jurkad ti Mando'ade, burc'ya!" She smiled, speaking Mando'a always helped her focus. It was her first language after all.

"Dwop da dweet beep." (Translation) "There is another group of soliders approaching."

((Not to be confused with Kevak's guy- another group of soldiers.... makes things more interesting. ^^))

"Har'chaak." Shara swore. "Kevak, there's another group coming... And that guy was way to easy to beat. There's something wrong here."

((N'jurkad!: Leave me alone! Ke nu jurkad ti Mando'ade, burc'ya: Don't cross blades with Mando'as mate!"

Jaq used the attachment upgrade and held the trigger down. The rifle began to lightly vibrate as it was charging. He looked behind him to see two Sith Troops aiming their weapons and firing at him.

Jaq released the trigger and a huge blast erupted from his rifle. The small radius took down the two fiends. Then Jaq heard another blast and looked just in time a powerful blaster bolt missed his foot by centimeters. He looked up and saw the Sith Sniper pull up and disapeared. "That does it! I've got you now!"

He left the group. "I'll be back shortly!" and switched his camoflage on. He climbed up the very tree he was shot from and landed on the thick branch. Jaq squinted through the trees, and saw the outline of bending light in the shape of a being. He jumped from tree to tree to gather some distance. He had his back to Jaq.

Jaq detatched his modification and knelt down to aim his rifle at the camoflaged Sith Sniper. He already set up his firing point. Jaq took careful aim and fired. It took the Sith sniper a while to realise a blaster bolt heading his way. He fell down, with a shot to his chest. That armor he was wearing was what saved him.

Jaq holstered his rifle to his back and pulled out his Vibroblade. He jumped from tree to tree and landed where the Sith had fell... only to realise he quickly recovered, and aimed the Sniper Rifle at Jaq, despite his camo status.

"Wha--?" he took a shot to the chest in mid air. Yet another hole dinted in his armor. "Damn! What would it take to kill you all?" he spat on the ground. His camo switched off. But he quickly recovered and launched himself at the Sniper with the Vibroblade. Before the Sith could react, Jaq sliced his arm off. The sniper fell to the ground. Jaq finished him off and ran back to the others. "Thats one sniper down!"

Archived