Home

How much does a gallon of gas cost for you now?

Jae Onasi

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd love to have that price at this point. It's $4.09 to $4.19 depending on which station one visits.
I imagine that won't be too far along :(

In case you didn't see Totenkopf's post....

Thread on athlete salaries.

I didn't. Thanks.

I'll only point out that while that discussion was more of a cerebral examination of various points of view, this seems to be much more vehement. In both cases, we have people that provide a product that a lot of people are willing to pay a lot of money to have. Not sure why we have the separation in discourse with that being the situation. *shrugs*

I still say that we, being the U.S.A., should have a mandated fuel economy. China, last I heard, required all cars sold in the People's Republic to have a minimum fuel economy of 35 miles per gallon. So, what's the reason we haven't done that here?

<snip>

Then again, what's stopping us from creating much more fuel efficient cars? Why can't we break 40 miles per gallon by 2015?

Bingo! :D

In both cases, we have people that provide a product that a lot of people are willing to pay a lot of money to have. Not sure why we have the separation in discourse with that being the situation. *shrugs*

No doubt b/c most people aren't forced by their circumstances to directly feel the impact of inflated prices related to a particular sport (just don't go to the stadiums or buy the related merchandise) in order to get through life. Unfortunately, given the pervasives omnipresence of oil in many products that are deemed necessary in modern life (gas, heating oil, plastics, etc..), it's a little more in your face and essentially hits everyones' pockets, not just a niche group. Afterall, increased fuel prices also cause food and other consumer goods prices to increase as well.

Archived