Home

Nihilus' Face

Gurges-Ahter

I don't think she's speaking literally, by the way. Given all Visas' talk of how powerful Nihilus is, to see him - some sort of dark god to her - cast down and killed would basically shatter her understanding of the universe.

To call him a man is to note the mortality of everything, even pseudo-gods that like to eat planets. It's a statement of his insignificance; something that contrasts nicely with everything that we have been told about Nihilus beforehand.

I don't think she means it literally either, since her other responses are "I saw a graveyard world, surrounded by a fleet of dead ships. I felt it through him...as I feel it through you." and "Malachor V".

That's a long shot. How does, even by cryptic speak, "Man" compares to "Nothing" or "Devoid of face"?

I do agree she's using a metaphor, but it's probably what me or Pavlos said it was or similar.

Yes, I completely agree with this statement. It probably was a metaphor, but not a metaphor for nothing. Perhaps we'll never find out, but it makes more sense to me that he's something, just as the Exile is something (and not nothing).

Archived