Home

New Area Kit

DI:

How close to being finished do you think you are?

Can we expect this to come out soon?

_EW_

A good question. I'm about midway through the .ARE file, although I'm having to do a lot of research for most of this stuff - there's nothing on huge swathes of stuff in the .are/.ifo/.git files. I've covered (somewhat exhaustively) all the .ut* editing, some basic scripting and dialogue editing, and will be moving on to the data inputting for the .git file and .mod compilation later on.

All-in-all, I can't give a particularly good estimate - if you mean if it will be out in the next few days, chances are it won't be. If you're asking more generally, I'd hope within the next few months.

Sorry I can't be more accurate. :(

A good question. I'm about midway through the .ARE file, although I'm having to do a lot of research for most of this stuff - there's nothing on huge swathes of stuff in the .are/.ifo/.git files. I've covered (somewhat exhaustively) all the .ut* editing, some basic scripting and dialogue editing, and will be moving on to the data inputting for the .git file and .mod compilation later on.

All-in-all, I can't give a particularly good estimate - if you mean if it will be out in the next few days, chances are it won't be. If you're asking more generally, I'd hope within the next few months.

Sorry I can't be more accurate. :(

And how many pages long is this tutorial exactly DI?

Really, it doesn't matter who does it, Re skinning modules has always perplexed me, so I could use all the help I could get. Plus, every one explains things differently, so having two different viewpoints would be mint. Also, the Modeling section would be wonderful, Modeling makes me wanna bang my head into the wall violently, if you made a tutorial for it, I could use a fridge instead :)

Actually, Nutter, there's already a tut on reskinning modules already: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=175101.

@Valentine: Spot on. Personally, I don't understand the need for fourteen tutorials covering the same basic topics...

@DingDong: 35. Expect that number to be revised upwards, though. :p

You've yet to beat my record then... :p

Speaking of which, I have to finish that off someday...

Not to mention if people would use the search function of LF board, they would see there like +100 threads about most of the regular modding topics here on Holowan Labs.

Though I'll admit on the 3D part its ofcourse less and perhaps a boost on that part could be usefull.

Anyway, looking forward to your tut DI, it'll be surely a supreme read.

Ofcourse in combination with SS's work on the 3D this could become a killer combo.

Personally I think both of you should write a tutorial (if you have time and what not). I for one find it helpful to have at least two references in case one isn't exactly clear. That's just my input, it's really up to each of of you as individuals. All I know is I'd like an in depth tut on making new modules.

Personally I think both of you should write a tutorial (if you have time and what not). I for one find it helpful to have at least two references in case one isn't exactly clear. That's just my input, it's really up to each of of you as individuals. All I know is I'd like an in depth tut on making new modules.

Beleive me, if DarthInsidious is going to make a tutorial, it's going to be a good one. There's no need for me to do the same tutorial, only worse. This tutorial will cover modelling areas and walkmeshes, eporting with KAurora, and breifly explain putting them into the .erfs.

Will this include making and editing walkmeshes?[/Quote]

Yes. Maybe not so much the editing as the making.

Archived