Home

TSL: Would these 10 mods even be possible?

Tysyacha

1) Make the Jedi robes in TSL look like the ones in KOTOR 1...?

2) Have a handsome reskin for the Disciple so he doesn't look 87...?

3) Have Canderous/Mandalore tell his war stories, like he did in KOTOR...?

4) Replace G0-T0 with Jolee Bindo or Bastila Shan, with their dialogue...?

5) If you can't save Kreia, could Sion be the last boss if your Kreia INF = 100?

6) Add extra dialogue for any of the characters?

7) Have a voice for the Exile? I believe this is called a "soundset"...?

8) Not start as a Jedi at the beginning/train in Scout/Scoundrel/Soldier levs?

9) Restore Canderous' influence tree...? I can only legitimately get it to 74.

10) Have more people and teachings on the Korriban Sith Academy...?

Thanks!

Tysyacha

1) Yes.

2) Yes (one would assume).

3) No.

4) No.

5) No...not if you want voiceovers for it.

6) Same as #5.

7) You mean the basic attack screams and such that were in K1? I believe there is a mod that restores this...but I don't remember the name or author.

8) I'm tempted to say yes, but I suspect that there might be some unforeseen problems.

9) Yes.

10) Yes.

Note that they might be possible, but I doubt you could get someone to do most of them.

7) If you mean actual dialog, then no. The phenomenal amount of work this would require would make it just not work it. But I believe that the actual grunts, etc, did exist in the game files, and someone did restore them. I can't find the mod though...

9) Team Gizka are doing that. If you gather all the clans you now get 100 INF and you can ask him about Revan.

10) You mean in K2? Hmmm. It...wouldn't...really...fit...unless you have them as holocrons. If you want to turn Korriban in TSL into Korriban in K1 (or something like that), then you could.

Possible

Possible

5) If you can't save Kreia, could Sion be the last boss if your Kreia INF = 100?

All of them are possible (i think), thought no orginal voiceovers for that.

Should be possible. I think models are still here. Not sure if you can use their orginal dialogues due to copyright reasons.

Sounds in fight and such was restored by Team Exile I think.

dialogues are possible, but would need ALOT of work (recording every single Exile's sentence)

Only possible if you change your class with KSE, as you can't edit class choosing screen.

Team Gizka is working on that

Possible, thought makes no sense, as in plot it's abandoned.

Should be possible. I think models are still here. Not sure if you can use their orginal dialogues due to copyright reasons.

No, that's considered porting.

Sounds in fight and such was restored by Team Exile I think.

Yes! That's the one. I don't know if their latest version actually included them, from memory it was a very broken mod.

Legally, no. All the models are left over, but only one texture is left over.

I'm working on something similar to this, it should be similar to Allronix's Dialogue Pack. There's so much cut content I think I can make it so all lines have voice-overs.

I'll whip something up for you, it should be fairly easy.

~Giygas

Could've sworn someone already did this, but I can't remember who. I tried under Prime and Svösh, but I don't think it was either. Anyone else know?

Some of the class system is hardcoded. So if in the beginning you wanted to be a scout or soldier or whatever, it would replace the guardian and consular tree. Then, if you replaced like the weapon master and marauder classes with guardian and consular, it would work. Of course, you'd then never get to the highest class tree.

Thanks!

Tysyacha

Sure. Hope this helps :)

_EW_

#2:

no, at least not in my book, cause i dont think thats humanly possible, i beleive he will always be an ugly turd

Well this is obvious spam, so since I see you might be confused about what our Forum Rules are, please read them, future useless posts by you will get you a spam warning.

Either usefully contribute to a thread or if you can't then simply do not post in it. -RH

Could've sworn someone already did this, but I can't remember who. I tried under Prime and Svösh, but I don't think it was either. Anyone else know?

The better question is--why would anyone want to? :p

You're probably thinking of 90SK's K1 Robes for TSL. That uses a different model, though. I believe the actual K1 robe model is still in the K2 files somewhere, if anyone wants to give it a shot.

The better question is--why would anyone want to? :p

You're probably thinking of 90SK's K1 Robes for TSL. That uses a different model, though. I believe the actual K1 robe model is still in the K2 files somewhere, if anyone wants to give it a shot.

Nope, that wasn't it.

Perhaps I was thinking of a mod that made the K2 robes for K1, instead of vice-versa?

_EW_

Prime has a mod (jedi_robes_tsl_1.1) that has a mix of new robes and "tunics." The tunics are basically the same as the KOTOR robes. They look great, too.

I don't think that one's been done. It wouldn't be possible without porting, I think.

No, I meant a mod that started from scratch, which wouldn't be considered porting. That's why I thought it might have been from Prime - he has done a bunch of models from scratch that were sort of like this.

Prime has a mod (jedi_robes_tsl_1.1) that has a mix of new robes and "tunics." The tunics are basically the same as the KOTOR robes. They look great, too.

Maybe that was it.

Tysy can come look and see whether or not it's an acceptable alternative.

_EW_

EDIT:: Thanks for the link, dcinroc.

I believe it was RedHawke, and it replaces the default clothing, though gives them stat boots etc. Can be found on her mod site.

There's a lot of inaccurate answers in this thread, so for the purposes of accuracy..

Yes, the models and one of the textures are in the TSL game files.

Theoretically, yes, such a reskin is possible. What you mean by 'so he doesn't look 87', I'm not sure, however.

You could in theory write new dialogue of his war stories for him, but it would have no voice-overs.

Jolee's files are not in TSL. You could put Bastila in, with new dialogue, but such a mod would be a fairly major undertaking, and, as above, there would be no voice-overs.

In theory, again, new dialogue could be written etc., but this is a pretty large undertaking, too.

Entirely possible, yes.

There is already one in the game files, but as far as I know, there is no way to associate it with the Exile, as there is no fixed .utc for the character.

I'm not sure that there's any way to alter the menu to do this, but I'm not an expert on the menu system...You could script a dialogue into the game somewhere fairly early to allow you to choose a non-Jedi class instead, however.

I believe that this is being restored by the TSLRP.

Theoretically possible, yes, but again, a fairly sizeable possibility.

I must say that many of these requests are rather vague, and it's difficult to tell what exactly you want.

Archived