Home

The Halls of Power

The Doctor

I've had an idea jumping around in my head for a while now, but I'm not sure if anyone here will go for it.

Over the years that the SWK.net forums have been up at LF, there have been hundreds, if not thousands, of RPs posted, only a fraction of them completed. And every single one of them have kept true to the style of the movies - an epic struggle between the titanic powers of the Good and Evil; the Jedi versus the Sith; the good-guys versus the bad-guys. They've focused on battle, intrigue, love, hate, power, and destiny. None of them have taken a look at the heart of the Republic - not the Jedi, not the military. The politics.

The halls of Coruscant have never been investigated in great detail. The politics of the Republic have always been over-shadowed by the military conflicts of the films, books, and games - understandably so: no one wants to play a game where the main character is a politician, and the main quest involves writing up reports. But I think an RP exploring the upper political echelons of the Republic could be fascinating.

I don't really have any solid plot ideas yet - I'm more interested in finding out who, if anyone, would be interested in partaking in such a roleplay.

Thoughts?

How can one deny the power of galactic government at your fingertips?

I would be very interested to see what specific setting within Coruscant's Halls (eg: During the Old Republic, New Republic, or later on...). I'm very interested about what can happen here, so I'll be participating in this one.

Well, I'd want to stay away from anything canonised, be it events or characters. I'd probably set up a timeline from the RotJ era to a few thousand years later, and work from there. I've got a nice little idea brewing, sprouting from and old Fic I never really worked on. :p

There are a few positions we'd need to fill, for any kind of story to be playable:

Supreme Chancellor ~ Possibly a minor character, depending on the story/stories I/we come up with.

I'd like to start off focusing on the staff, rather than the Chancellor themself.

Chief of Staff ~ In the event that the Chancellor play a minor role, the Chief of Staff would most likely be the principle character.

Deputy Chief of Staff

Communications Director

Deputy Communications Director

Press Secretary ~ This role would most often be taken by myself as a minor NPC, used to advance the story when the players' characters are unable to advance the plot without a believable period of time passing. They'd most likely begin and end sections of a story as well as each story itself.

There would also most likely need to be assistants and personal aides for most of the characters, but those are the main ones we'd need to fill in order to make the story doable.

Here's the basic timeline I've got, outlining the events that could possibly effect the political events of the period, as well as setting a social and environmental precedent.

3,976 BBY (4116 BDA) - The Mandalorians began attacking worlds on the Outer Rim.

3,965 BBY (4105 BDA) - The Galactic Senate declares war on the Mandalorians.

3,963 BBY (4103 BDA) - A number of Jedi disobey the Jedi Council and join the Mandalorian Wars on the Republic side, including Revan, Malak and the Jedi Exile.

3,960 BBY (4100 BDA) - The Mandalorian Wars end; Revan and Malak vanish into unknown space with a third of the Republic fleet.

3,959 BBY (4099 BDA) - Revan declares himself the new Dark Lord of the Sith; The Jedi Civil War begins.

3,957 BBY (4097 BDA) - Revan is defeated onboard his flagship after Malak turns against him. Revan is captured by the Jedi Order.

3,956 BBY (4096 BDA) - The Jedi Civil War ends.

c. 2000 BBY (2140 BDA) - Rise of the New Sith Empire under Darth Ruin; Decline of the Galactic Republic.

c. 1,100 BBY (1240 BDA) - First Galactic Dark Age

- The Republic continues to decline as the New Sith Empire wages war on the Republic.

c. 1000 BBY (1140 BDA) - Defeat of the New Sith Empire at the Seventh Battle of Ruusan; The Ruusan Reformation; End of the First Galactic Dark Age.

896 BBY (1036 BDA) - Birth of Yoda the Wise (approximate).

350 BBY (490 BDA) - The Neimoidians found the Trade Federation.

102 BBY (242 BDA) - Birth of Dooku (Serenno).

92 BBY (232 BDA) - Birth of Qui-Gon Jinn; Birth of Plo Koon (Dorin); Birth of Ki-Adi-Mundi (Cerea).

85 BBY (225 BDA) - Mos Eisley is founded on Tatooine.

82 BBY (223 BDA) - Birth of Palpatine, future Emperor and Sith Lord (Naboo).

80 BBY (221 BDA) - Birth of Panaka, future Imperial Moff.

72 BBY (213 BDA) - Birth of Shmi Skywalker, grandmother of Luke Skywalker; Birth of future Jedi Master Mace Windu.

64 BBY (205 BDA) - Birth of Wilhuff Tarkin, future Imperial Grand Moff (Eriadu).

57 BBY (198 BDA) - Birth of Obi-Wan Kenobi, future Jedi Master.

54 BBY (195 BDA) - Birth of Darth Maul, future Apprentice to Darth Sidious (Iridonia).

48 BBY (189 BDA) - Birth of Mon Mothma (Chandrila).

46 BBY (187 BDA) - Birth of Padmé Amidala, mother of Luke Skywalker (Naboo).

44 BBY (185 BDA) - The Stark Hyperspace War begins and ends later the same year; Qui-Gon Jinn takes Obi-Wan Kenobi as his apprentice.

43 BBY (184 BDA) - Death of Darth Plagueis the Wise; Rise to power of Darth Sidious.

42 BBY (183 BDA) - Birth of Anakin Skywalker (later known as Darth Vader), father of Luke Skywalker.

32 BBY (173 BDA) - The Naboo Crisis; Senator Palpatine is elected as Supreme Chancellor.

25 BBY (166 BDA) - The Yuuzhan Vong establish an advance base on the planet Bimmiel.

24 BBY (165 BDA) - The Separatist Crisis begins.

22 BBY (163 BDA) - Count Dooku officially forms the Confederacy of Independent Systems; The Clone Wars begin; The Galactic Senate grants Supreme Chancellor Palpatine the first of many emergency powers; Birth of Kyle Katarn (Sulon; approximate).

19 BBY (159 BDA) - Death of Count Dooku at the hands of the Jedi; Destruction of General Grevious by the Jedi; Fall of Anakin Skywalker, who becomes Darth Vader; Order 66 (The Great Jedi Purge); Birth of Luke Skywalker (Polis Massa); Birth of Leia Amidala Skywalker (later Organa,and later Organa Solo; Polis Massa); Death of Padme Admidala; Construction of Death Star I begins; Rise of the Palpatinian Empire (aka The First Galactic Empire).

2 BBY (142 BDA) - The formation of the Rebel Alliance.

0 BBY (140 BDA) - Battle of Yavin.

18 ABY (122 BDA) - Resignation from office of Chief of State by Leia Organa Solo; Election of Ponc Gavrisom.

20 ABY (120 BDA) - The marriage of Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade.

21 ABY (119 BDA) - Leia Organa Solo is re-elected as Chief of State.

23 ABY (118 BDA) - Leia Organa Solo resigns as Chief os State for the second time.

40 ABY (100 BDA) - The Galactic Alliance launches punitive military strike against Corellia.

c. 60 ABY (80 BDA) - Death of Luke Skywalker.

c. 130 ABY (10 BDA) - Rise of the Second Galactic Empire.

c. 140 ABY (0 BDA) - Great Plague; Collapse of Galactic Civilization; Second Galactic Dark Age begins.

=-=-=-=

I'd like to do something between the death of Skywalker and the rise of the Second Galactic Empire, or beyond the Second Galactic Dark Age.

Archived