Home

HL2 weapon replacements

Just made this for something else, but I thought I'd put it here too.

Look at the sexy comparison shots of the originals to my mods. Of the two shots per weapon, the first one is the mod.

alltogetheric1.jpg

Whew. I think I just came.

I didn't make the mods. By "my" I mean their mine, in my folder. The only thing I made was the 9mm icon, see how it's different from the default's one? that's why it's the money shot.

That may sound unimpressive, but try finding a weapon replacement mod that does that. Anywhere. I'll pay you if you can find one. I'm the only person who's done it, and I suspect I'm one of few who know how to in the beginning.

there are multitudes of weapon mods out there but the ones I'm using are the best, if any of you want them I can give you a direct link to the blob of them I've compiled, or separate links to each file. Otherwise you'd have to slog through all the crap, and that's no good.

but again, I must stress that I did not make the skins. No stealing credit. The majority of them are by vertthrasher, one of the more skilled skinners I've seen. The assault rifle and the 9mm model/skin and parts of the SMG are by other authors. and again, the icon is mine, just a little addon that I made for my own use. I've made lots of icons for HL2, but I've never released any. Just doesn't seem like a big enough change.

...sorry, I assumed you guys understood that they weren't like my work. ...if it's any consolation, I DO make mods for KotOR II, which I hear are pretty good (click my sig)

why did you post the rest of them then?

because they're badass! I'm promoting the HL2 modding community silly. It's not my fault people misinterpreted what I said. And it's my birthday, so cut me some slack :xp:

Archived