Home

K1 Enhancement Pack

SpaceAlex

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SpaceAlex, you by no means have to fulfill this little wish if you don't have the time. I know that you are swamped with this project, but I just had a smashing idea.:bluidea:

I was playin KOTOR, and when I went into the bar on Taris (upper city), I notice there is no bartender. Is it possible to throw a bartender behind the counter? Also, some more glasses on the counter possibly? Just an idea to make the cantina a little more aesthetically realistic.

SpaceAlex, you by no means have to fulfill this little wish if you don't have the time. I know that you are swamped with this project, but I just had a smashing idea.:bluidea:

I was playin KOTOR, and when I went into the bar on Taris (upper city), I notice there is no bartender. Is it possible to throw a bartender behind the counter? Also, some more glasses on the counter possibly? Just an idea to make the cantina a little more aesthetically realistic.

As you command :D:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
bartender.jpg

Yes, I know, a Twi'lek working as a bartender in the Upper City is probably not something the spoiled citizens of Taris would want to see, but if I wanted to give the bartender some dialog (I always wanted to try some Tarisian ale :p), that's what I had to do, since my current budget doesn't allow me to hire professional voice actors :xp: But no need to worry; when I was writing her dialog, I kept the fact that Tarisians don't like aliens in mind, so if you question her long enough (or piss her off), it'll be revealed to you that she's not exactly the happiest person on Taris.

Also, I have noticed, there's no bartender in the Lower City cantina either. I'm thinking of placing Chadra-Fan in there, but I'm still waiting for KFiles to approve the CF sound files before I do anything.

Hey SpaceAlex?

Are you by any chance going to give Gana Lavin a new face?

Not an unique one, but I am changing it.

Nice job SA. I'm looking forward to this mod :). Just wondering how did you get the whereami for that bartender? The only way I could think on how to do it besides guesing, is delete the walkmesh. Is that what you did?

I hope KF approves the CF sounds(and the gran ones) I'm hoping to use both as well.

EDIT: Plokoon, he probably used a spawn script, if not he edited the git files.

EDIT2: I dont see why not....TSL Patcher.

Hey SA, I'm not trying to be a wrench in your gears, but since you can do that with the bartender, I was wondering if you know how to script the game so the people in the cantina actually sit at the tables, you know in the main room of the cantina. I don't get why when you walk into the cantinas on any planet, everynody is standing up. One would think that being that a cantina is a place to relax, everyone would sit down and take a breather.

Hey SA, I'm not trying to be a wrench in your gears, but since you can do that with the bartender, I was wondering if you know how to script the game so the people in the cantina actually sit at the tables, you know in the main room of the cantina. I don't get why when you walk into the cantinas on any planet, everynody is standing up. One would think that being that a cantina is a place to relax, everyone would sit down and take a breather.

It seems the sitting animation dosen't exist. It is marked out in the nwscript. The sitting people in some places are just part of a placeable. So I don't think it is possible, but it might be.

Something else that I just randomly thought of: why not make Zelka's hospital full of stuff, like more computer moniters, random stuff on his table, have a person in the room holding their side waiting for treatment (the wounded stance); make it look like he is as busy as he says he is.

Nice job SA. I'm looking forward to this mod :). Just wondering how did you get the whereami for that bartender? The only way I could think on how to do it besides guesing, is delete the walkmesh. Is that what you did?

I guessed. :D It wasn't hard at all; all I did was run the "whereami" command as close to the counter as possible. After that, it was simply a matter of guessing the right coordinates for the area inside the counter. I succeeded on my first try. :p

EDIT: Plokoon, he probably used a spawn script, if not he edited the git files.

Yeah, I created a spawn script.

Something else that I just randomly thought of: why not make Zelka's hospital full of stuff, like more computer moniters, random stuff on his table, have a person in the room holding their side waiting for treatment (the wounded stance); make it look like he is as busy as he says he is.

We'll see about that.

As for the sitting animation, it's not there for normal NPC's. The NPC's that you see sitting act as normal objects (boxes, glasses...) to which you can apply a sitting animation.

TSL, on the other hand, allows you to apply a sitting animation to an NPC (as is demonstrated in the Onderon cantina); so expect to see many sitting NPC's in my K2 EM.

I've made a few tweaks to Zelka's Medical facility (3 computer panels, 3 lockers by the beds, made both the droid and Zelka "busy"). The place looks much more homey now. :D

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
zelka.jpg

There are no patients because of the hidden Republic soldiers in the Kolto tank, which you can discover if you have a high enough security or persuade skill. It would've been too much work to get the patients to react to it.

There are no patients because of the hidden Republic soldiers in the Kolto tank, which you can discover if you have a high enough security or persuade skill.
Lol, or just bash it down with your trusty vibroblade - much easier! :D

This is getting much better with every update, very impressive work here SA.

Oooh! That is what Chadra Fan is! I remember now.

Space Alex, some food for thought: How about on Korriban maybe putting some Sith troopers outside the entrances to the cantinas and such.

Here is another thing I just thought of. You know the bluish-gray officer uniforms. Well, I just thought that it would be really neat if you could do something similiar to them that you did to the dark jedi - make a way to distinguish rank. What i was thinking was maybe you could skin the uniforms so the number of ribbon pins that they wear would be based upon rank. Of course, Admiral Karath would have the most, heck he'd have as many as David Petraeus! lol. maybe you could even skin the troopers to have some sort of rank distinction.

Just some random ideas.

God, this is both a nightmare and beautiful dream for me. Half the time I want everyone to stop giving you (SpaceAlex) these great ideas so you can release all these reskins that I'm dying to have, the other half of the time I just love having these screenshots pouring in of these ideas becoming reality.

Curse/bless you, SpaceAlex. :D

Just another random idea for you SA but feel free to completely ignore it if you feel it's not worth the effort. I was looking back over at the screenshots of the knight/master robes and I noticed the female robes have different collars than their male counterparts. I was wondering if it were possible to give both robes the overlapping cloth texture that the female robes have. IMO I think the male robes would look oh-so-much better without the unattractive zipper/jumpsuit collar.

Archived