Home

K1 Enhancement Pack

SpaceAlex

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man it's cancelled? :(

I was just about to suggest you create a part where you back to Dantooine after it's destroyed and meet about 23 new characters there and spend about 2 hours there doing some new quests.

That's not hard right? I mean it would take a lot of scripting, some new modules and appearance.2da's?

Sooooooo many great skins and good ideas, all to a waste, this could have been one of the greatest mods ever, instead it will join the graveyard with all the other great unfinished modding projects.

SpaceAlex i salute you, it was fun as long as it last.

I really don't know why everyone is posting all this stuff about new quests and stuff, this was a NPC modification pack not a super-mod.

Its a little thing called sarcasm, helping to feed into the joke.

And if you really want the heads for selection... I know you can make skins and make them into heads, well, this time, the skins are already made. All SA is doing is making skins to make some of the horrid skins in K1 better. Nothing more, nothing less.

*takes out chainsaw*

Oh, you're so gonna get it...

Seriously now, you almost gave me a heart attack Alex! I've been looking forward to this mod for a while. Glad to know the thing was a "New Year Fools" prank.

And by the way, nice updates there! Can't wait to see more!

Yikes :scare5:. I take a couple of nights off to be with my fiance, and all these posts are what I come back to? I was certainly relieved when I saw all the comments being more and more sarcastic. Whew.

So, after wiping the sweat off my forehead :sweat:, I started thinking: what if your Dark Jedi used CM_RedAlt instead of CM_Baremetal. Then I found out that it only exists in TSL, not K1. So, I looked harder and saw one called CM_unwsunset & CM_HawkBaym that looked kinda red. CM_SaberCrys looks kinda cool too. I don't know what they would do in-game :giveup:, but it might be worth checking out.

I hope you enjoyed your fun SA :fist:, 'cause I'm still looking forward to your re-skins :D.

Really, I just saw Devon's sarcastic post and decided to post one as well. :xp: I didn't think people would actually take it seriously, since I had made some odd comments in my post (the whole "it's my intention to satisfy all people" and "it is with greatest joy that I announce the cancellation of this mod" thing) that should've made my real intention obvious. Apparently they did not. :p

But as RH said, we should forget this "incident" and get back on topic. :)

So, after wiping the sweat off my forehead :sweat:, I started thinking: what if your Dark Jedi used CM_RedAlt instead of CM_Baremetal. Then I found out that it only exists in TSL, not K1. So, I looked harder and saw one called CM_unwsunset & CM_HawkBaym that looked kinda red. CM_SaberCrys looks kinda cool too. I don't know what they would do in-game :giveup:, but it might be worth checking out.

I'll check it out, thanks.

EDIT: I checked it out, but it looks weird - like artifacts that you get if your push your graphic card beyond its limits. :D

Is there a problem with the way CM_Baremetal makes things look, though? I thought it looked fine anyway.

I Meant when he was going to do the k2 version ( he was worried about compatabilty)

Unfortunately I'm also changing many of the "onenter" scripts that K2RP also modifies. Since they released the source scripts to the public, I can start working on the mod now without worrying too much about compatibility; I just can't release it before TG is done with their mod because I'll have to include some of their scripts in my mod for full compatibility.

But it's too soon to worry about this now. Let me finish the K1 EP first and worry about K2 later.

EDIT: I checked it out, but it looks weird - like artifacts that you get if your push your graphic card beyond its limits. :D

Is there a problem with the way CM_Baremetal makes things look, though? I thought it looked fine anyway.

No, the CM_Baremetal looks great, I just wondered if there might be another shader that would make the Dark Jedi look really sinister. I thought of the CM_RedAlt (from TSL) because it is really just a very crimson version of the Baremetal. The only way to do it for K1 would be to overwrite one of the other existing CM shaders (I've never done it before, so I don't know which one is a good one to swap).

Ok then, back on track for in-topic discussion

Alex, I have a compatibility question.

You see, I like to use Prime and Xavier2's Jedi Robe Mod combined with Shem's Prequel Style Robes (so that Prime's model overwrites the one Shem uses, displaying Shem's textures in Prime's model). Will your mod have any conflict with that? If so, are there any methods for me to manually fix it (that is, when your mod gets released ;D)?

Other than that, keep up the good work {Snip} No more about this thanks, it takes the thread off-topic. -RH

I Beg you to send me the Belaya Textures and models

Please please please :xp:

i will give you a cookie :)

Nah, you'll just have to wait. Why? Because I'm a horrible person and enjoy it when people are having a bad opinion of me. :p

Kidding. The truth is that I'm not completely satisfied with that skin yet. There are some small details left to add before I start calling it a "final version". Also, if I start sending things around to individuals now, I may as well make it available to everyone. It would've been less work. :xp:

No, the CM_Baremetal looks great, I just wondered if there might be another shader that would make the Dark Jedi look really sinister. I thought of the CM_RedAlt (from TSL) because it is really just a very crimson version of the Baremetal. The only way to do it for K1 would be to overwrite one of the other existing CM shaders (I've never done it before, so I don't know which one is a good one to swap).

I've tried to do this, but I wasn't really satisfied with the results. I think silver and gold reflective surfaces look better on them to be honest. I did make some changes to the red DJ Master (male and female), but I'm not sure if you'll be able to notice the difference without access to the previous screenshot. :D Basically the reflective lines stand out less than before.

I also made the DJ novice younger and less evil-looking.

Alex, I have a compatibility question.

You see, I like to use Prime and Xavier2's Jedi Robe Mod combined with Shem's Prequel Style Robes (so that Prime's model overwrites the one Shem uses, displaying Shem's textures in Prime's model). Will your mod have any conflict with that? If so, are there any methods for me to manually fix it (that is, when your mod gets released ;D)?

Sure, I don't see why not. My mod doesn't mess with the default Jedi Robes at all.

I've also uploaded a little teaser screenshot of Dantooine. It's definitely not much, but I hope you can notice the difference between this and the vanilla. It's kind of hard to show all of the little changes with screenshots. I mean, I definitely could, but it would take many SS to show everything :D; so I'm only showing my reskins. But there's more to this mod (some things have been done before, some haven't), don't worry.

Archived