Home

Possible Droid Connection?

Xbx_Inthusiast

Interrogator Droid, used by Darth Vader on Princess Leia on the Death Star.

1479289482_c084b4b54a.jpg?v=0

Another picture:

http://www.theforce.net/SWTC/Pix/Xsydney/it0/P1010086.JPG

G0-T0, Goto's personal droid sent with The Exile during the Old Republic

Gotofull.jpg

I was watching Star Wars today, and I noticed a striking similarity. I, of course, got excited thinking it was a more advanced version or clone of the G0-T0 droid from TSL.

Any thoughts?

Well It's been about 6 1/2 years since I've seen the original trilogy. I'm just watching it through the way it should be watched. Started last week, on IV now.

I never took notice of small things like the Interrogator droid until I've played TSL.. That's odd though.. I haven't watched the OT since I started TSL..

Do you think they're connected somehow? Heck, T3M4 seems like an ancient version of R2D2 and there are Protocol Droids in the Old Republic, though, they're more.. stripped down and older. Also, the movie has mentioned the Old Republic twice. I come to think they may be talking about the Republic in the days of the Clone Wars...

Types of Interrogator Droids:

* IT-O

* IT-O9

* IT-3

* YI-5

* G0-T0 and his look-alikes, "Goto guard droids"

* T0-D

They all seem to have two Letters and either 1 number or two that don't exceed 10.

G0-T0 was one, they all have similar names.

A reference to the IT-O was made in the video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, in which the droid G0-T0 is similar in appearance, but seems to be inverted.

In the Marvel Star Wars adaptation of A New Hope, the mind probe of Princess Leia is performed by what appears to be a RA-7 protocol droid rather than an IT-O.

Although it cannot be read on screen by most viewers, the IT-O prop in A New Hope has the words "British Made" on its hypodermic needle.

I%27llNeverTell.jpg

Archived