Home

Insecticide Part 2 : when?

diduz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Insecticide is comprised of 18 missions, which can all be played on the DS version, and Insecticide Part 1 contains roughly the first half of those missions. The technical differences are obviously huge, but they're still the same levels. Why would they suddenly significantly change the second half of the game?

(As for "adding new scenes" - some of the cutscenes had to be replaced by subtitled slide shows for the DS version since all of them in FMV form couldn't be fit on the cartridge. The PC version features all of the cutscenes.)

Why would they suddenly significantly change the second half of the game?

I just thought they might add some bonus location or some cool Easter Egg. I haven't played the DS version, but from what Levine said they certainly tweaked the controls a lot for Part 1, so who knows what they did (or did not) to Part 2 in all this time (except betatesting obviously).

BTW, how many adventure gameplay levels will be in Part 2 (judging by the DS version)?

I don't have my DS handy with me right now, but of the 18 missions, about half are shooters and half graphic adventures. Aside from some cases where you'll get two shooter levels consecutively, the game almost makes every other level one style of gameplay (shooter-adventure-shooter-adventure). So, however many adventure missions Part 1 had, Part 2 should have about the same.

Also, if I remember right, Part 1 for PC ends after mission eight, so Part 2 should have ten levels total in it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Baaaaaaaaaaaaad news, guys.:(

I've sent an e-mail to Crackpot Entertainment and Mike Levine told me Insecticide PC has been cancelled by Southpeak.

They're angry.

I am too.

Someone has to save Part 2 from oblivion. Telltale? Anyone??!?!?!

• 4 months later...

Sorry to bump this, but I'm wondering if anyone has any inside news here at Mojo about the second part.

I've completed the DS game and I enjoyed it a lot more than everyone else, I guess. I was holding out for the PC version until part 2 came along. Really wanted to import the DVD case copy that was going to be released in the UK. It seems Larry Ahern never even posted the cutscenes for part 2 on Youtube like he was saying.

Archived