Home

ATTENTION METALHEADS!!!

RC-1183

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MegaDeth is good. Very lead heavy, and you listen more to the music than the lyrics because of it, but good nonetheless.

But, Metallica will always overshadow MegaDeth IMO. It's been one of the greatest debates of all time between those two. And it will continue on for an unmentionable amount of time most likely.

That's opinion, but Metallica has always been more popular, the point of my post is that Megadeth is nowhere near being the best band ever.

And more popular means better? :xp:

Anyone heard of a band called Death?

They are pure amazing old school death/thrash metal, especially the later albums blend some of my favorite bands together (Sepultura, Atheist, At The Gates, etc...), but it still sound like Death you know?

Chuck Schuldiner was flippin' amazing! RIP...

Also, I didn't know until recently that Cynic are releasing a new album, it's only been 15 years since the last one! No pressure there lolz

Anyone heard of a band called Death?

They are pure amazing old school death/thrash metal, especially the later albums blend some of my favorite bands together (Sepultura, Atheist, At The Gates, etc...), but it still sound like Death you know?

Chuck Schuldiner was flippin' amazing! RIP...

Brilliant band, what a shame the "Godfather of Death Metal" is no longer with us RIP

No love for da Iron Maiden?

Eddie T. Head is not amused...

I did put 'em as my third fav band on previous page.

IMHO Dave Mustaine is one of the most overrated guitarists in history, and his voice is so f***ing annoying, don't get me wrong, I love Megadeth, but his voice ruins the awesomeness that is Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

IMHO Dave Mustaine is one of the most overrated guitarists in history, and his voice is so f***ing annoying, don't get me wrong, I love Megadeth, but his voice ruins the awesomeness that is Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

I agree with you completely. Holy Wars would be such a better song if it wasn't sung by him. The only song I like Dave singing is Peace Sells. Only due to the fact I cannot stop laughing. It's a fun song, and he sings it "well enough" :lol:

I agree with you completely. Holy Wars would be such a better song if it wasn't sung by him. The only song I like Dave singing is Peace Sells. Only due to the fact I cannot stop laughing. It's a fun song, and he sings it "well enough" :lol:

I love the bass line in that song, it sounds so f***ing awesome.

If Mustaine's voice was better, and far less screechy, they'd probably be higher up on my list of fav bands.

so a friend of mine sent me a copy of paranoid by black sabbath that he purchased legally at a store licensed to distribute music via fedex because ripping it to his computer and sending it to me would have been morally and legally wrong. anyway, can anyone recommend me similar musics because right now i have a mix cd in my car filled with a rather diverse mix of music and i'd like to have a disc that doesn't go from dylan's rendition of mr tambourine man right to war pigs by black sabbath also it's an awesome cd.

so a friend of mine sent me a copy of paranoid by black sabbath that he purchased legally at a store licensed to distribute music via fedex because ripping it to his computer and sending it to me would have been morally and legally wrong. anyway, can anyone recommend me similar musics because right now i have a mix cd in my car filled with a rather diverse mix of music and i'd like to have a disc that doesn't go from dylan's rendition of mr tambourine man right to war pigs by black sabbath also it's an awesome cd.

Similiar music? The old Led Zeppelin vinyls are awesome, if you can get your hands on em, AC/DC produces fairly similiar, IMO, music to 'em, Lynard Skynyrd is another great one, Freebird is a classic, there's plenty more out there, you might like The Eagles also

Similiar music? The old Led Zeppelin vinyls are awesome, if you can get your hands on em, AC/DC produces fairly similiar, IMO, music to 'em, Lynard Skynyrd is another great one, Freebird is a classic, there's plenty more out there, you might like The Eagles also
well, i meant other black sabbath stuff too, to be honest i haven't listened to anything remotely metal since like 4th grade so i have no idea about what would be worth purchasing through legal channels

well, i meant other black sabbath stuff too, to be honest i haven't listened to anything remotely metal since like 4th grade so i have no idea about what would be worth purchasing through legal channels

Oh, ok.

If I were you I'd get Black Sabbath Vol. 4, Master of Reality and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, just to name a few :)

Black Sabbath, Master of Reality (more psychedelic than metal), Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Vol. 4 and Sabotage.

Also look for Iron Maiden's first two albums (Iron Maiden, Killers) which are in a similar vein.

Archived