Home

Question about Skins

harIII

I am working on a mod that will bring the item properties from K2 into K1. For example, you'll be able to get an item only available in K2 in K1, such as Freedon Naad's Lightsaber.

My question is can I take the skin in K2 into K1 so that I can have the armor skins? Would this be considered Porting?

Actually it isn't porting as the saber in question is a normal yellow bladed short lightsaber, and that model is in K1 already, just edit the K1 yellow short saber uti to taste rename it place it in game and viola! Freedon Nadds saber and no porting involved.

To answer the second question, yes taking files directly from one game to another is porting and is verboten. Sorry.

What about the texture images. If I just used the skins to armor, robes, and clothing and used a model that looks as close as possible to the actual model and apply the image in K1.

Simply put:

1. Extract skin

2. Open an item properties menu in KOTOR Tool

3. Apply the skin

4. Open the item in K1

Just apply the skin to the model that looks as much as possible to the original model. Such as, Bastila's default clothing and the Dancer's Outfit.

Isnt freedon nadds saber orange?:p

Hmm... I just got it last night and it was yellow... with all the tweaks I did... Bah!

Either way my point is valid as orange is present in K1 as HotG. ;)

What about the texture images. If I just used the skins to armor, robes, and clothing and used a model that looks as close as possible to the actual model and apply the image in K1.

Simply put:

1. Extract skin

2. Open an item properties menu in KOTOR Tool

3. Apply the skin

4. Open the item in K1

Just apply the skin to the model that looks as much as possible to the original model. Such as, Bastila's default clothing and the Dancer's Outfit.

If the asset in question is present in both games this is different as you can use the asset in the correct game. Porting is taking a file from any game and using it in another. Simple as that.

Now if you want to try and skin Bastila's outfit from scratch on your end to a dancer outfit like theme for K1 you can feel free to, but porting materials directly is a no-no.

Sorry mate.

Archived