Home

THIS is what happens when nerds get too much money...

Astrotoy7

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lolz, set your righteous indignation, or nerd-awe levels to kill..

a htpc-ing friend sent me a reminder that I forgot to post the geekiest, most expensive custom theater: Somehow called "The Evergreen Ultimate" It is full scale rebuild of the next gen enterprise bridge with many added tweaks and compartments...

cost 3 [freakin] million dollars!

I dont care how 'cool' it looks - paying $3 mil is just plain wrong for a private theater

*wishes evil eye upon evergreen*

evergreen.jpg

nb. I havent posted the 'batcave' theater pics that float around as they are believed to be renders created by manufacturers of 'bathman themed home theater seats'

mtfbwya

I'm surprised these uber geeks would actually go as far as to make modifications..

lolz.. Lynky, I think deviations are inevitable given the ''originals'' are studio sets of spacecraft and these are functioning theaters. :D

And dont worry..theres dudes out there that have built the enterprise set ''properly'' One guy did such a great job, they used his captain kirk chair for the DS9 episode set in TOS era ;)

mtfbwya

lolz.. Lynky, I think deviations are inevitable given the ''originals'' are studio sets of spacecraft and these are functioning theaters. :D

And dont worry..theres dudes out there that have built the enterprise set ''properly'' One guy did such a great job, they used his captain kirk chair for the DS9 episode set in TOS era ;)

mtfbwya

Speaking of space craft, If I would spend gobs of money on something like that, I would create a life size duplicate of Serenity from the show Firefly.

Garage: CHECK

multiple bedrooms: Check

Large kitchen: Check

Dining Room: Check

Large Common room: Check

Actual places to tinkle: Check(and something most sci fi shows forget)

Shower: um... minor deviation

Geek factor: 11

Speaking of space craft, If I would spend gobs of money on something like that, I would create a life size duplicate of Serenity from the show Firefly.

Garage: CHECK

multiple bedrooms: Check

Large kitchen: Check

Dining Room: Check

Large Common room: Check

Actual places to tinkle: Check(and something most sci fi shows forget)

Shower: um... minor deviation

Geek factor: 11

yes, and people wonder why Firefly was cancelled :D Cowboys and Chinese in space thang was fun for a while but wouldnt have lasted an extended run without some major overhauling.

mtfbwya

Archived