Home

Shoot The ****

Gabez

(That'll teach it).

According to Urban Dictionary, Shoot The **** is a phrase which means...

"To chat idly about things that neither person involved in the conversation will be likely to remember."

Sounds like a good topic of discussion for the Internet for me!

To start things off: sentences that run off for so long that they stop making sense, like the above sentence I used before, and also this one now that I stop to think about it for a cotton picking minute (what was I talking about again?)

Edit: The LucasForums Police Force have slammed down on my rude word -- but we all know the one I mean!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha that's wondeful. "I say, jeeves, I feel like shooting **** today instead of pigeons or poor people! Be a good chap and **** out some **** for me, then throw the **** into the air so that I can shoot it. Be sure to throw it high though, or I'll shoot your bottom, and I know you don't want to happen again!"

Was that cruel to tweed clad English gentelmen? Are there any that look at this site?

Heh when I read your post I was like "what's a Scout? Is that a like a Scot or something?" and I even Googled it until I realised how forgetful I've been... it's one of those days!

Apart Jeeves: perhaps he would be forced to swallow the lethal concoction of chicken vindaloo with, I dunno, baking soda and fizzy water. Like a paper mache volcano, only messier.

My father was a Queen Scout. Apparently that was something to be proud of.

Would it be frowned upon if I made a joke about how that sounds pretty gay? Or maybe some comment gay pride being so big now there's a scout badge for it? How about if I use the old "no offense" caveat?

Really? Because I thought it was pretty funny :(

What I had to swear was "To do my duty to God and to the Queen".

My view was that I had no particular obligations to the Queen and God doesn't exist so there were no actual duties to perform. That meant I could quite happily swear to do my duty all day long because it didn't mean anything.

Plus I was 12 and we played with fire, so I would probably have rationalised stomping kittens to death if that's what it took to join in.

Good grief why? I mean the royal family are occasionally entertaining (I love the Duke of Edinburgh, he's hilarious) but mostly they're just a pointless relic.

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't very serious about that one. Although I'm sure it would be (as you say) occasionally entertaining.

But on the other side, isn't it odd to not have a president? (even if is just the same thing with a different title). Pointless topic really, but it's **** to shoot at.

By the way: **** stands for Grog right? Shoot the Grog? no? what about shoot the mojo? ok-ok, I'm leaving.

Archived