Home

Zombies Walk!

Jedi_Man

They had managed to reach the safehouse without incident

I thought for sure there would have been some undead waiting for us

"Follow me exactly."

Atrianna manuvered herself through the mines and led the Russians to the steel-covered front door

"Let me get the key and we can all take a break."

She quickly felt around in her pocket for the key

Where is that thing...I coulda swore I just ha-there we go!

"Come on...There's enough food for about five days, I have pizza, a wide variety of soups, Ice cream in the freezer, fruits and veggies, all those sort of things. Don't let the size of the place fool you, It's really quite comfortable."

Atrianna heard the far off roar of a brute and motioned the Russians inside

"Welcome to the house of Atrianna."

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Russians moved in quickly, gently pushing Attriana aside. Even if the house was supposedly 'safe,' there was no telling of what was inside.

Yuri came back from checking the rooms.

"Comrade Major, no zombie presence here. It's clear."

Vlad nodded, "Good, then the order is: relax, if that is alright with the kind patron here."

The group of Russians chuckled and immeadiatley sat down on any spare chairs and went about whatever they were doing.

Vlad took a deep breath and looked around.

Attriana was right, the place was definately not what it would look like from outside. It was more like a private bunker than a safehouse. The men would indeed enjoy a rest.

He turned to Attriana, "So, ummm, do you have any caffee?"

Vlad shook his head, he'd mastered alot of the American pronunciations, but he still couldn't pronounce coffee correctly, for it was nearly the same in Russian.

"I'm sorry, I meant coffee."

Atrianna smiled.

" Yes I do as a matter of fact, what would you prefer? De-calf or Regular? What would you and your men like for supper? I make a good pizza."

Atrianna turned around and saw Yuri looking down a fight of stairs.

"Down there is where I keep all my guns and such, feel free to take a look and take whatever you need."

Vlad nodded, "I'll take caffeinated, but no pizza. Killing things often kills the apetite."

Yuri was smiling as he walked down the stairway.

"Comrade Major! NATO rounds! They have NATO rounds!"

Vlad smiled,"Yuri has a strange obsession with NATO rounds. He really likes them. You have no idea."

Vlad smiled and thought a little longer on what he wanted in the coffee.

(Stupid thing didn't email me for some reason...)

But Aiden didn't even cringe as he spoke, and he didn't even limp. Because as he watched his wound was healing.

"It has to be the serum. Come on!"

Time Passes

They were in Sam's SUV, taking the pedal to the metal, and going to...who knows where.

Aiden turned to Sam. "If my leg can heal that fast...do you think that maybe there's other things I can do? After all, the undead can heal, but from their tactics and strategies they've picked up, I can't help but wonder whether they communicate....What do you think?"

Sam shivered, the thought that the undead could somehow become an army taking orders from something or other seemed unnatural. then again, so did the undead. Sam didn't think it all too impossible.

" From what I have seen, they're getting intelligent, maybe they are telpathic or what not, but there is a scientist I know who will help, her name is Alexis Ian. she's been studying this since day one. This is her adress..." he said, showing Aiden the map towards her hide out. He had been with her in the beggining. And with Max. A tear escaped his eye.

Aiden took the map and saw the location Sam pointed to.

"We have to go there. I want to know what she's learned."

He caught a glance of Sam's tear. Perhaps this Alexis was a close friend of his?

"And maybe we could get better acquanted on the way...."

Sam told Aiden about his ride through plymouth wisconsin, raiding the Fleet Farm, fighting off a brute, Max, his closest friend for the time being, being killed by the brute, about Alexis finding a cure that doesn't blow them up, but that only works on normal zombies. Aiden seemed to sympathize with him, and it made Sam feel good.He remembered them heading of to a supposed safe city only to find it destroyed... he told Aiden about Spes, the first zombie to become normal.

( If you want the story just ask, I will PM it to you either today or monday, it was a school project so its only at school.)

(I most definitely would like to read an actual story, heheh.)

Aiden hesitated before his next statement. "You developed an antidote....somehow, I'm a little unconvinced. After my experience with these things, I think...."

The SUV lurched and grinded to a halt. Apparently they had arrived.

"Da, Attriana, we'll get to that, but my men and I have something to discuss.

Vlad decided that he should plan on their next move.

"Vassili, Boris, Yuri, get over here, and bring the map." He ordered.

The three Russians came over with a large map of Chicago and a few extra goodiees that they had discovered in the fridge. Russian soldiers like these three were notorious for...'foraging' through food supplies.

Yuri cleared a table and put the map down.

Vlad put a finger along the subway line.

"The rest of the battalion has evacuated, the rallying point will be near, probably in the tunnels. They know there way around, but they will need our information. If I know Dmitri correctly, then he will hold up in a place like...here."

Vlad pointed to a corner in the subway route.

"I suggest we begin there, we'll make radio contact as soon as possible."

The three Russians nodded in agreement, Boris soon spoke up.

"Comrade, if Dmitri has evacuated as quickly as we anticipate, should we not leave now?"

Vlad thought on the question,"I think we should wait and refuel and rearm for a bit, we'll move soon. This bunker is now officially HQ of all Russian forces in the vicinity. We'll return with the rest of the battalion and reinforce this area. Welcome to Fortress 1."

Yuri smiled and the other two smiled.

"Indeed Comrade Major, we will find victory." Said Vassili.

Vlad nodded, "That we will...that we will."

Atrianna was a bit concerned

"Remember, There are landmines on the front lawn. your going to have to warn them ahead of time, and if you want to make this your HQ, we're going to have to establish a few alternate places we can get food from. Right now, i only have enough for five days. if you're bringing in more men, we should stock up ahead of time. The only places around here to get food are a gas station located here, and a Supermarket located here."

Atrianna pointed at a gas station located close to the subway and then she pointed at a location on the map close a few blocks away from the street they were currently on.

"We should stock up on some more supplies while it's still light out. If you send a few of your men with me, I believe we could clear out the gas station before dark."

Vlad nodded,"Supplies will not be a problem. My men are reasonably well stocked, we can also establish a patrol for food and maintain supply lines. We'll handle the problem. Also, I have a large group of demolition experts, they will replace the mines accordingly. Thank you for the information, though, Attriana."

Vlad sat down in a nearby chair, thinking on his next decision.

Atrianna heard the ding! of the stove timer go off and smiled

"Suppers ready."

Atrianna hurried into the kitchen and pulled both of the Pizzas out of the oven and smiled to herself

It's nice to have people over

Atrianna loaded up both Pizzas on two large platters and bought them into the room where the Russians were sitting.

"I hope you like pizza, and you and your men better eat this, it's only good for a few more days."

Atrianna pulled up a slice and took a bite

Mmmmm...been awhile since I last had this

Smith saw the bomb drop on the Russian base, the noise was unistakeable to anybody who had been in Afghanistan during Enduring Freedom. He had seen Larson and that quiet guy, Aiden, clear out a handful of minutes earlier as well as that traitor and the knot of Russians.

Smiling a little to himself, he turned away from the camp. "Let's clear out." He said on the GUARD channel, hoping that everybody would hear it. Then, to the Helo. "Can you pick me up?"

"Yessir." Came the crisp reply.

"Then get me outta dodge." His eyes flickered around the abandoned area, the Zombies weren't here yet, but they would be... "Ready a connection to either NSA, FBI, or CIA for me when I get in the helo." His voice softened almost imperceptiably. "If you can."

"Yessir."

( Sorry, tomorrow I will definitely pm to you, )

"Sam! so good to see you, and this is.." said Alexis Ian.

Aiden said " Aiden, I see you and Sam know each other, he told me everything"

Alexis blushed, " I should hope not" that drew a laugh from everyone.

" So whats this I hear about a cure" Aiden inquired once they were inside,

" Well, I combined several chemical and narcotic compounds to produce a virus killing injection. I've tried on the... Supers, but to no effect, just the normal ones, Any news from the outside world?" Alexis' last remark to Sam.

" They're getting smarter. And, It turns out the disease is Russian. We've got a Russian Spec ops on our soil, their trying to do... I dont know, but they definitely trying to help." Sam responded. " I wish spes ( the first cured zombie) was here, he seemed intelligent."

Aiden tried to not be distracted as he inquired about the antidote. Alexis was hot.

"Um...nice to meet you, Alexis. And now we have work to do."

Sam raised an eyebrow. "What kind of work?"

With a sigh, and a conspiratorial tone, Aiden replied.

"I think that I might be able to tap into the Hive."

( Ataris-Back off, she's mine!!:D)

Sam was intrigued, this could mean that they could possibly destroy the hive. but wheres the fun in that? Sam thought.

" Alright, but what could we do with that? you could have control over them, and theirs something I noticed with spes, he had an energy come out of himself told heal himself. maybe you could do that, or better... do yow know if you can?"Sam inquired.

"This is all speculation, of course, but assuming I can do this...I only meant tap, not take control of. Because it appears that whatever Vlad got ahold of and put into that zombie serum has left some effects behind. Which tells me it may not just be a virus. If we're going to figure it out, though, we might have to find Vlad again. At the moment, however, let me try something."

Aiden sat down and concentrated. He felt like he was being pulled towards something. He heard whispers, thoughts and voices that echoed. They told him...nothing. It meant nothing to him. Not that it was just another language...it just didn't make any sense...no sense at all...

"Aiden!" Sam shook him. Aiden came to his senses.

"I...don't know what happened."

Vlad and his fellow Russians sat at the table, eyeing the pizza suspiciously and curiosly for a few moments.

Vlad had eaten pizza before...in Italy, but he couldn't say it was the same in the U.S.

He grabbed a slice and took a bite. It had a greasy taste to it, very good though.

He nodded and smiled and continued to chow down.

Seeing this, Yuri smiled and grabbed two pieces, eating both hastily. The other Russian soldiers followed suite with a little bit more zeal.

(That was a very good story, I like reading other writer's work. Thanks.)

Alexis then came in with a tray of cookies. "I think I missed something."

Aiden simply smiled and then a thought hit him. "Alexis...you have weapons, right? I've been told it's quite the arsenal from Sam."

( Thanks, I like to hear when other readers like my work)

" Yes, from the several government contracts I have, There should still be something left, I haven't had any contact with zombies in a while." Alexis said.

Sam jumped in, " I've been mulling this over, In the Guide It says that zombies could have a 6th sense or something, now ofcourse, the guide makes no mention of super zombies or of running zombies, but this Hive-Mind-complex-thing could be that sixth sense, and because there is a cure, wouldn't it mean that its a virus, I doubt that theres a non-magic cure for a voodoo zombie thing or otherwise, but thats beside the point. Alexis, I would like to take several vials of the cure, at least enough to cure about... oh say, a Military squad of Spec Ops plus four or five. just enough for my 'friends' and to get a mass production going. And, could We dip into your arsenal again. My AK is starting to dry up."

Aiden bit into a cookie. "Interesting...unless, of course the 'virus' is even smarter than I thought it was...and let itself be cured."

Sam turned back to Aiden and rolled his eyes.

"No, really, think about it. What would be the best way to remain secret? Disguise yourself as a virus and make it look like you can be cured. That way it would be impossible to..."

A shrieking pain suddenly ripped through Aiden's head, and at the same time a zombie howl was heard. Aiden turned to Alexis. "I think I'd like a weapon now!"

( the sound playing in my head when you mentioned a shriek is horifying, im going to have nightmares tonight)

Sam ran to the wall, opening up a peephole. There, Sam thought, A Demon on the horizon, not too har- oh crap! An entire horde popped into view. He was reminded of the day he met Alexis. Sam ran to the library, now considerably smaller since they couldn't drag everything to the new house. The weapons books were where he'd left them, and he pulled them out, nothing happened.

" Uh.. Sam, their in the gun case in the living room, remember?" Alexis chimed in.

" Oh..right..." Sam muttered as he ran towards the living room, grabbing handle to the case and opening with post haste. The case held the ammo and the more legal guns, in case a government decided to make a comeback. Sam loaded up on 5.56 and 7.62 bullets, he grabbed the Uzi hiding in the back shelf, and the Desert Eagle he had left with her for safe keeping. After all, the Russians still had his Grendel and Desert Eagle.

Sam thought about them for two seconds, then he ran to second floor, getting a better view with his AKM, and his uncle taking his place next to him, holding his M24 out to aim as well, then Sam thought, Wheres Aiden, Oh whatever, he'll be up here soon.

Then Sam yelled out " Alexis, where do you keep the baby?"

The response: " In my room, why?"

The answer: " Take it and hide, and just in case we don't make it out... I love you!"

A pause... then " I love you too!" the slamming of doors followed.

Aiden suddenly appeared, sticking his head in with a pissed off/quizzical look on his face. Behind him Alexis ran in with a bundle of cloth. " YOU take it!"

Sam grabbed the bundle and opened it up and pulled out a Milkor MGL ( a big grenade launcher) " If you insist honey"

Archived