Home

Half-Life : The Movie ?

coupes.

Escape From City 17 - Part One | (HD)

Directed by The Purchase Brothers.

The Escape From City 17 short film series is an adaptation based on the Half Life computer game saga by Valve Corporation. Originally envisioned as a project to test out numerous post production techniques, as well as a spec commercial, it ballooned into a multi part series. Filmed guerilla style with no money, no time, no crew, no script, the first two episodes were made from beginning to end on a budget of $500.

enjoy.

Very nice, excellent effects, I only noticed a couple of goofs.

It does have that shaky cam i despise though... :S though this is slightly forgivable given the budget.

Yeah. Getting trolleys and steadycams and all of that on a low budget can be pretty difficult.

I really enjoyed this. I played through HL2 recently and kept thinking about how it could be turned into a move so easily. As long as Uwe Boll doesn't pick it up :p

That is the most awesome thing I've seen this week, almost as pure awesome as that Tetris Trailer. I want to see a feature film from these guys.

Funny though, even I was thinking that a Cloverfield-style movie about Half-Life 2 would be very awesome, preferably as some sort of a small segment in an Animatrix-like anthology feature. I guess it's the cinematic feel of the game and the original artistic design.

Archived