Home

Video Documentary #2

jrrtoken

Link

Finally, BioWare reveals more information on the actual role-playing elements in TOR, specifically, the mention of a unique storyline for every class. While I have doubts that they will deliver something like that, the idea does sound promising.

I really hate when they talk about "a story with choices and consequences". I mean, really, that's to be expected in every RPG, so why are they talking about it like it's an original idea? I swear, they're really trying to make this seem "revolutionary" by just talking about how "unique" it will be. IMO, they're setting themselves up nicely for this thing to backfire on them.

the Sith "blew up the Jedi Temple"? Oh, I smell a continuity rat and an awaiting retcon mousetrap. I hope the guy was just guessing about what probably happens.

To me, it would make more sense for the Sith of this era to do what Darth Krayt's Sith would later do: exterminate all of the Jedi and take over the Temple as their own base of operations. It's right there on Coruscant so it's convenient.

I didn't like some of the animation and the look of the huge character (who looked like the Heavy from TF2) with the obnoxious looking lightsaber. I might have to play something other than a human, since humans look so ugly so far.

Animations are still being worked on from what I can see.

Lightning is something they are still trying to get working with textures, as they player models aren't shadowing correctly.

And confirmation of Bounty Hunters, so that is pretty cool. Being that we've only seen Jedi and Bounty Hunters in pictures so far, I'm guessing the other classes are still either being worked on or thought up.

I really hate when they talk about "a story with choices and consequences". I mean, really, that's to be expected in every RPG, so why are they talking about it like it's an original idea? I swear, they're really trying to make this seem "revolutionary" by just talking about how "unique" it will be. IMO, they're setting themselves up nicely for this thing to backfire on them.

Welcome to the world of MMOs, where a story is suddenly a huge improvement.

Actually, they are also talking about consequences in game. While in an ordinary RPG this is nothing new, in an online environment where you have multiple people, something as simple as taking over a base changes the game for thousands of other players. It really appears to be somewhat revolutionary. Then again, I haven't played it yet(seeing as how only the developers have had their hands on it), sooooo kinda hard to say for sure if it is. I really hope they can deliver on everything.

Man I really hope they tone down the shoulder pads. How does he see to teh left or right?

Archived