Home

Let's Play Dark Forces

jrrtoken

Continued from

Prologue Redux: Puttin' the "Dark" back in Dark Forces*

*Now with larger images

60099862.jpg

Ominous Narrator: "Kyle delivers the plans to the Rebel Alliance.

24417625.jpg

Soon afterwards, the Death Star is destroyed.

44446637.jpg

But even as the Alliance celebrates this victory,

49861460.jpg

...another sinister plot is set in motion...

65110946.jpg

...that will become an even greater concern for the Rebellion.

64092543.jpg

Meanwhile...

*DA-DA-DUM, DA-DA-DUM, DUM-DA-DUM*

52351948.jpg

50780954.jpg

31183042.jpg

40938522.jpg

Dammit. :(

Continued

Continued from

40439735.jpg

78388306.jpg

Darth Vader: 100% Sith Lord, 100% Fabulous

94054866.jpg

:darthx "The Emperor has approved your test demonstration, General Mohc."

74696927.jpg

Say hello to General Rom Mohc, the prime antagonist in the game. Also, I'm sure he'd make a great Nazi, if only for the fashion.

Actually, he'd be perfect for the role, especially at 0:56.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

:ugh: "Thank you, Lord Vader. What I unveil today will mark a new era for the Empire. We will be able to decimate the rebels just as we did the Jedi Knights. At last, the Emperor's war will be filled only with the glory and beauty that is decisive victory."

48450298.jpg

:darthx "A noble cause, General. I hope the demonstration lives up to your claim. Proceed."

:ugh: "With pleasure. Dark Trooper release."

65180682.jpg

37365850.jpg

67965067.jpg

24447721.jpg

51954304.jpg

90855307.jpg

Continued

with this thread, you sir win the internets

Ah. Thank you. I wondered what in the hell people were talking about when referring to this. You sir, are epic win.

I never played any Jedi Knight game prior to Outcast. This is really exciting!

Hoohoo, you dunno what you been missing.

Yes, I can say what, dammit!:dev8:

dark150.png

Epic death fall.

NO! NO! NO! It cannot be epic if it is fail. :D

--Paraphrased Aron Ching "ForFunProducitons808"

link_loz_triforce.gif

Hm, that passage looks familiar. I wonder...

Yea. It's the special weapon. Too bad that never made it to the movies script. :smirk2:

Continued from

52362086.jpg

:ang3: "Thank you, Commander, for responding at such short notice. The Empire has been keeping us on the run ever since the destruction of the Death Star."

:ang3: "Five days ago, the Empire attacked one of our secret bases in the city of Talay."

79065217.jpg

Is that who I think it is?

92616140.jpg

Hell yeah.

:mon: "This is Tak Base to anybody out there. Please, we're under Imperial attack! They're everywhere, there was no warning at all! Total devastation! They broke through our shields! They broke through our shields!"

*static* *explosion* *static*

There goes the Calamari's excellent precognition of ambushes.

:ang3: "Tak base was destroyed within minutes. Many innocent people in the surrounding city, as well as the Rebel staff, were killed. Intelligence thinks that this might be an act of retaliation for the destruction of the Death Star."

Continued

There are no words to describe how awesome this is. None.

(I may just have to dig out my old PS1 and give this another play through).

Uhhg... thanks for reminding me about the copy I got on eBay a few months back... played some of it, the frame rate is really choppy in the PS1 version.

Maybe it's because I remember it being smoother on the PC version. I was way too young to remember, but I think my family had some high end stuff in our computer when I was like 6-10 years old.

Oh, and it's probably worth mentioning that I play it on my PS2... Myeh.

And, if wouldn't be much trouble, is there some sort of way to bypass the 15 image per post limit? It's pretty aggravating to constantly make posts for one single chapter.

It's a forum-wide setting meant to keep posts from getting too image heavy. It can't (easily) be overridden for a single thread.

You could merge multiple screenshots (that aren't supposed to have any text in between frames) into a single image file to sort-of work around it.

Though the voice of Vader in that one scene wasn't James Earl Jones, I would still say rather impressive.

You know...is it just me or does this all actually look a bit more hand made--like somebody actually put effort into it and had to innovate for a lack of computer technology at their fingertips so 10+ years ago?

To me it does sort of look that way, like, though maybe not done to the level of detail that the original trilogy movies had...but that it definitely looks like it had some kind of physical base modeling to it...

Maybe I'm just crazy?

Either way I must thank you, PX, for a trip down memory lane. So neat seeing the old generation at its best.

:thmbup1:

Good work.

Indeed, the developers were forced to innovate a great deal. Apparently, full four wall rooms COULD NOT be built with the Jedi engine. (so they improvised) and what we know as catwalks, exterior walkways, and lifts are just a positive side effect of them putting the rooms together.

Or that's what I read :p

PAL vs NTSC frame rate differences are a known phenomenon in some games (more development time for patching and optimization, usually). And trust me, it's noticeable on the PS1 version.

Oh god *clenches head in pain*

I just remembered Outlaws. OH GOD, I'M 7 YEARS OLD AGAIN! aaaayyyyyyeeeee!!!!

Archived