Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part VI: Death to the Sith

Iyav spotted the stormtroopers entering the hangar, so he grabbed the comm, and shouted, "PUNCH IT!" Immediately after, the rest of the escaped prisoners took off in their stolen ships, while the fighters they had sabotaged finally overheated beyond critical capacity, and began to explode. As the shuttle made it out, Iyav noticed the swarm of fighters approaching the Republic Star Destroyers. "Try to pick off as many of those Imperial fighters as you can." He sent out to the other Huntau personnel.

What use is Andorra to you, compared to me? If you claim my body, you finally claim revenge against my father. You could kill your greatest enemy by his daughter's hand. Kalla sent out to Virul, hoping to trick him into leaving Andorra.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something in the Republic fleet suddenly caught Velerc's eye.

Why is the main flagship moving out of formation? This does not make any sense.

Then it dawned on him.

"Bridge Lieutenant! Plot the course of the oncoming capital ship! I want a possible avoidance course if they continue like that!"

"Yes, Grand Admiral."

A comm monitor stood from his seat.

"Grand Admiral, incoming transmission from the Republic flagship!"

"Patch it through."

Admiral Belina watched as the Imperial flagship changed course to avoid the oncoming Ackbar and she frowned.

"Contact the Mandalorians and tell them if the Ackbar is destroyed or unable to fight then control of the battle will fall to Admiral Barek or whoever else is in charge.

She smiled as she heard the comm channel open. It was time to finally drive the Grand Admiral to the breaking point. If this worked it might drive him off the deep end entirely.

"Grand Admiral Velerc, this is Admiral Belina. Before we end up killing one another I'd like to tell you a little bit about myself."

She leaned closer to the Hologram projecter and smiled a very cold smile. "My mother's name was Rina. Sound familiar?"

She turned away from the hologram and turned to her tactical officer again and motioned for him to cut the signal. "When I give the order, focus all turbolaser batteries on the bridge but don't fire until I give the order."

Belina turned toward the window and watched as they finally came nose to nose with the Imperial Flagship.

Tonatius sensed what Kalla wanted to do and whispered, "Don't provoke him. She is stronger than appears." He gave a meaningful squeeze to her arm as they followed the group through the canyon.

All of a sudden Tonatius saw Kalla disappear as well as Ashira-Li, Andros and Komad, leaving him with Reyvan. He shouted, "Kalla!"

Ashira-Li looked around. She could see Tonatius and Reyvan but they were acting like they couldn't see them. She looked around and saw her father, Kalla and Komad as well but they couldn't see her either. She wondered what was going on.

Suddenly a voice that all four people could hear said, "What are you searching for?"

Inside of Andirrul, Lord Virul heard the voice of Jedi Kalla Kaltas--and he smiled. Self-sacrifice was always the way of the Jedi, he mused to himself. Very good. This fits right into my plan to not only keep myself alive, but to gain even more power. This young girl is a strong body and mind, but the Jedi is even stronger. Once I turn her to the Dark Side of the Force, who knows what heights of supremacy I can reach again? Perhaps I shall finally destroy my rivals Tyrannus and the Blood King once and for all! Thus, I will accept her offer!

As Andirrul fought to stay in control of her mind and body, sparring with Tyrannus on her half-speed skorost' combat style, Virul sent a message out through the Force, knowing that it would reach his next intended victim:

You wish an exchange--of yourself for this weak one? Good. I shall take you in her place, and then nothing and no one will be able to stop me. Listen. Once you land where we are, seek Andirrul out and try to fight her. The trade will take place then. I will be watching and waiting, and you will be mine!

"We are searching for a passage through the canyon to the Blood King." Komad replied to the voice. "We are short on time, and we will appreciate any help we can get."

Kalla felt chills run down her spine when she heard Virul's voice, but reminded herself of her plan. Virul is arrogant and desperate. He's forgotten why he never took over me, or any other Jedi when he had the chance, and he's weakened now. Even if he survives leaving Andorra's body, he won't survive my resistance.

"There's not much we can do here; we should make our way to the planet and assist the Jedi." Iyav suggested to Tavaryn. Potentially, they could catch the enemy off guard, and at least partially give the Jedi the upper hand.

Lord Virul spoke to Andirrul's mind:

You are in luck, young one. There is one who plans to sacrifice herself for you, being the foolish Jedi that she is. I suspect you may even know her: one Kalla Kaltas. Once I am in her, I shall leave you in peace, although I am certain that peace might be an eternal one--you see? One with the Force, that is!

The Dark Lady of the Sith gave a start. The part of her that was Andorra wept.

Kalla? I know her! She will never turn, and she'll resist you--

Virul sent a course of pain through his host that made her shriek with madness.

Before I enter her, I shall burn the last of YOU away, you weak wretch!

Andirrul laughed through the pain. "You can't do that. You need me. Need my body."

Wrath's time spent with the sith lords had been...different. Rather than take an interest in the duel like he usually would, he let his mind wander over Andirrul's condition. He knew the Virul side was starting to win the internal conflict between him and Andorra. A true sith would be glad to see the sith lord finally taking control but not this time. While they were brief, the Andorra side of Andirrul showed him sympathy. While a true sith would laugh at such actions, instead it made Wrath feel...good. When he thought about it, he never was the best with the force. All he could do was use it to speak with his mind. Maybe he wasn't suppose to be a sith. A warrior yes, but maybe he was fighting for the wrong side. Maybe that's why he felt something for Andirrul every time she struggled. Either way he looked at it, this girl gave him many things. It was about time he returned the favor. He sensed Virul's intentions towards Kalla Kaltas. He had seen Virul take over enough people's bodies to know what happens to them. On the other hand he could sense Komad was on his way but he would need more time. Finally he took a step forward and attempted to speak to the Virul side of Andirrul through the force.

My lord, I know you want Komad's daughter to be your next host but shouldn't you bring this girl with you. Not only would making her see the dark side become easier for you but you could kill the girl to get a feel for your new abilities.

Virul, sensing Wrath's message, responded with an air of impressed condescension:

You are correct, my servant. It is far more profitable to bring the weak one with me so that I can either turn her or kill her. We Sith, after all, prefer minions to corpses. Perhaps I shall humble her by making her my apprentice once I am inside of Kalla Kaltas. What delectable irony--the student once again, and this time of her possessed former lover! Your genius pleases me.

Kalla could hear Tonatius panicking, and gently squeezed his hand, to reassure him. "It's okay, I'm still here." She told him. "I think I've saved Andorra, but I may have doomed myself, and maybe the entire galaxy. I have a plan, but I don't know if it will work."

• 2 weeks later...

Tonatius was startled to feel something touch him but he recognized the presence of Kalla and relaxed. He looked still trying to find her when a dust cloud rushed up around him and Reyvan. He shouted to Reyvan, "This must be the test Riyusaan was talking about!"

The voice spoke, "That is not the correct answer. What is it you are searching for?"

The wind picked up stirring the dust. Ashira-Li looked around as she tried to figure out what the voice meant. Riyusaan had said that they would be tested. Was this it? Out loud she said, "Komad, think carefully of your answer. I think it is something specific but not the obvious."

Andros nodded and replied to the voice, "I seek to end it."

The voice replied to Andros, "That is the correct answer for you. What do you need to end it?"

Ashira-Li couldn't hear the voice after her father spoke. So it is something from within us? She said, "Komad, Kalla, you have to tell them the real reason you are here."

Tavaryn maneuvered the ship. "No problem. Jedi Alriana, scan for a landing zone. It's going to be a bumpy ride and I need a clear idea of where to land."

"We are here to save Andorra Evenstar, princess of the Avalon system from the spirit of Darth Virul, and to stop him, once and for all." Kalla explained. "I loved her, and noone deserves what happened to her."

"Then why weren't you pulled in as well?" Reyvan inquired. If he was of one of the three bloodlines, he should have been with the rest of them.

Tonatius looked around at the swirling dust before replying, "It must be different for everyone."

As if to answer his question, Matton appeared. He asked, "Matton, I thought you were repairing the ship."

When Matton didn't respond, Tonatius looked at Reyvan for reassurance. He looked back and tried again, "What are you doing here Matton?"

As a response, Matton raised his arms. As he did the wind and swirling sand intensified forcing the two to shield their eyes. When Tonatius raised his head, he saw Matton again but this time he saw the scene of a great battle. He also saw a spitting image of Reyvan and the others but it was from a time long ago. Tonatius asked Reyvan, "Are you seeing what I am seeing?"

"Salvation for one you seek," the voice responded to Kalla. To Komad it said, "The girl must not speak for you. You must answer on your own." Then it seemed to change its mind and then said, "Perhaps you would comfortable with someone familiar."

All of a sudden Greea appeared and repeated, "What do you seek?"

Ashira-Li thought about it and realized that they were all different so it would react to them in their own way. She called out, "To find my place."

"A question many in your line have sought the answer to."

"No problem. Jedi Alriana, scan for a landing zone. It's going to be a bumpy ride and I need a clear idea of where to land."

Alrina nodded and began looking over the equipment trying to figure out which control was used for the sensors.

No...thats not it. Thats not it either. Ah! Here we are.

She quickly tapped the controls and was slightly suprised to see that their were lifesigns on the planet below. Further examination revealed that there was a landing zone close to a few of the lifesigns.

"I've found a landing zone close to our current position. But the strange thing is is that their are lifesigns near the landing zone. They could be animals or humanoids, I can't really tell with these sensors."

Komad was taken aback by the image of his dead wife. He was still haunted by her last moments. He was recovering from that loss, especially since meeting Iyav, but it was still hard to even look at her. "Closure. Not just for my wife, but for everyone Virul has ever wronged." was his response.

"I remember it well. The Battle of Vectivus station. A major turning point in the Resurrection War." Reyvan explained.

A landing. Andirrul, startled, cloaked herself in the Force and waited, crouched like a maalras lioness about to strike. In her heart, she knew this would be the end of it all. Either Virul would take complete control of her, or he would be true to his word and become Kalla Kaltas' newest parasite. Hungry for revenge, the Dark Lord twisted inside of the Avalonian maiden's sternum, making her grit her teeth and sweat with rage.

"You can't have me," she said. "Not completely, you fool. I need to fight her. Yield."

"Are you sure it is not you who must yield, Andorra Evenstar? Two minutes before--"

"You're bluffing. I've always known it. I won't have your insanity creeping up on me."

"Is it so insane to struggle for life, and to conquer weaker life? The Sith think not."

"I am not your usual Sith, Dark Lord. My rationality shall triumph over your madness."

"Will it? I can feel you slipping even now, little one. The pain is far too much for you."

"I don't think so," Tonatius replied, "Look."

Sure enough the scene went even older. The images were still there but the appearance of the clothing aged hundreds mabye thousands of years earlier. Tonatius said, "I think I understand. This far has been fought for thousands of years. We are simply a new generation in that war."

The image of Greea shook her head sadly and said, "Revenge is in your heart. Anger it a motivator but it can rule you like the darkness rules the night. Do you understand my love?"

Tavaryn replied, "Scan to see if there is an energy signature about the size of a stock freighter. Hurry." The ship jolted to emphasize his point.

Above the planet, Tulre, the Ghostriders and the Republic ships were engaging the enemy. He knew his sister and Tavaryn were on the planet's surface. More ships could be landed with the distraction of battle. He sent out, "Admiral Belina, you have a chance to drop troops. Use the firefight to do it."

"I understand. Revenge isn't why I am doing this. Virul is a threat to the entire galaxy, and he has to be stopped." Komad explained. "Are you really Greea, or are you just using her image?" He then asked, his tone becoming noticeably sadder. Kalla was also fixated on the image of her mother, somewhat unsettled by the implications.

"There's likely to be two similar signatures on the planet: one Jedi, and one Sith, and there's no way of telling which is which. Unless the two of you can sense them from this distance." Iyav pointed out.

"Hardly surprising. The battle between light and dark has been waged since the universe began. The more things change, the more they stay the same." Reyvan commented.

Wrath let Virul's condescending response slide, he didn't care what Virul viewed him as anymore. What he did care about at the moment was the girl's dilemma. It would only be a matter of minutes before her mind was lost forever. He looked over to Tyrannus for a few seconds before looking back in the direction of Andirrul. He wasn't sure why but something in his mind told him the jedi had a plan for freeing Andorra. The problem was they weren't here yet and time was running out. Maybe he could try contacting Komad's daughter, as she showed the most concern for Andorra. He'd have to concentrate as hard as he could to reach the jedi as he had never done it before.

Daughter of Komad Kaltas, your friend doesn't have long. I can sense you are getting closer but I do not know if you will make it in time. I could try meeting your group halfway with Andirrul but that's going to be tricky.

Wrath stood there waiting for a reply while growing more concerned for Andorra by the second.

---------------------------

When Kurt woke up he found himself on a planet. After slowly getting to his feet he realized this was the planet they were attacking. He wasn't sure what had happened to him but he didn't need to worry about that now. He had to start moving if he was going to find anyone. Kurt moved as if he were being chased by Virul himself. He kept a tight grip on his rifle as he sprinted. He began running faster and faster with each step he took until he reached his maximum speed. Suddenly his motion tracker went off before shutting off. It might have only been there for a few seconds but it showed friendlies not too far from him. He sprinted as quickly as he could to catch up to whoever was over there. Fortunately for him the allies were Komad and his group, and they weren't moving at the moment. He slowed his sprint to a walk as he made his way over to the group. Once he was over there Kurt stood still and remained quiet, just like a soldier should.

Kalla was surprised to hear Wrath offering to help them, but she trusted him anyway. She will be anticipating a confrontation as much as us; she'll listen to you. And don't worry, I have a plan to save Andorra and put and end to Virul. She sent out to Wrath.

((Belina is still at the station.))

"Scan to see if there is an energy signature about the size of a stock freighter. Hurry."

Alriana nodded and worked the sensor controls again, coming up with a positive match with a stock freighter.

"There is a stock freighter on the planet but the life forms are moving away from it I believe. Like I said, I'm not really used to these new sensors."

"There's a second signature on the other side of the canyon, but biosigns around it appear to be stationary. The first is likely the Jedi. We could rendezvous with them, or we could try to catch the Sith off guard." Iyav suggested to Tavaryn.

Wrath was somewhat shocked that his message had gotten through to Kalla, but he was satisfied none the less. Now all that was left for him to do was to get Andirrul over to them. Wrath would have to appeal to the Virul side once more to convince Andirrul to move.

Oh mightiest of sith, should we not bring this body closer to the jedi? We cannot get Kalla Kaltas without our bargaining chip.

The next message was a much more hopeful one directed at the Andorra side of Andirrul. A message he knew Virul would not be able to hear as his mind should be busy with other things.

Do not give up, hold out for as long as you can and you will soon be free

"Better to land near the stationary and make our way on foot," Tavaryn replied, "No telling if there is a landing zone where they are."

He guided the ship in to see the freighter and three figures on the ground. It was bumpy landing but at least it settled down in one piece nearby. HE locked down the shuttle and headed directly out. There he met Matton working on the ship. HE said, "Looks like you had a rough landing."

Matton replied, "Something like that. So WHo's the Jedi and Imperial?"

"My people believed that there was a great war that started the others. It is said that Avalon is where the Force began which is why there are so many Force Adepts and sensitives there. They speak of a great battle between the Blood King and the Heart of Guardian and thus was the split into what you call Jedi and Sith. The battle was at a place very much like this one." Tonatius drifted off as he watched teh scene unfold. Sure enough the Heart of the Guardian appeared leading the charge against teh Blood King and his minions. They looked similar to the fiends from Miako as they crashed into the warriors like a wave crashing on a shore. "Perhaps we are reliving history," he said to Reyvan."

Tulre knew that Belina was still at the station and repeated, "Send troops in the dropships with us. We'll get there and buy time until the calvary arrives. Acknowledge."

"We appear as you would know us," Greea's image replied. It then shifted to an image of Alkéa who looked determined as always for battle. She added, "For we see everything. Though you say it is not revenge, it is still in your thoughts."

Jun-la saw her ancestors back to Revan and the great Kirabaros. She had always known about her family and wondered if things could have been different. But looking at her family she realized if it had then things wouldn't be. Her brother and sister wouldn't be here nor her father. She said, "Family is the foundation I know this. But why my family?"

"Someone has to," Andros answered. "Someone has to. If no one did then we would not be in the world we are in but in darkness."

"I understand Father. Then we must finish this."

"Something like that. So Who's the Jedi and Imperial?"

Alriana stepped forward and nodded at the man. "I am Alriana, the last of the jedi of the old republic dynasty, may I ask who you are?"

Garja also stepped foward and nodded at the man. "Admiral Garja, formally an Admiral of the Imperial fleet, now a deserter. I must also confess to curiosity as to who you are."

Ackbar

"Send troops in the dropships with us. We'll get there and buy time until the calvary arrives. Acknowledge."

The message was played all throughout the bridge of the Ackbar as it shuddered under near constant turbolaser strikes. Belina snarled as the message came in.

"Tell them the dropships are on the way! Just tell them to hold on!"

Seven dropships flew out of the hanger amid the flurry of Turbolasers and proton torpedoes that were striking the Ackbar. They immediatly jumped into hyperspace to get away from the battle and headed toward the planet.

"Tell whoever is on the comn that the dropships are on the way and that they are loaded with troops."

Belina turned back toward the forward windows and was suprised to see Velerc's flagship slowly turn around and then enter Hyperspace. She started shouting orders as the rest of the imperial fleet disengaged from the battle and then turned to enter Hyperspace.

She simply stared out the window and continued staring with a blank empty look.

Velerc and his fleet had escaped.

Archived