Home

J7's random tinkerings thread... (56k beware!)

jonathan7

Dang! What mod(s) are all these skins and models for? :D These look extremely sexy man!

Force Fashion K1... Click me to go to the WIP album to see other robes and progression of work in this thread.

So glad you're back j7! The robes are coming along as are the disguises, yay :emodanc:

Bastila's eyes are spot on and I KNOW how hard that dark jedi model is to work with. The face is so damn small. Yuthura's new clothing looks very nice too.

Thanks nice to be back!

Let me know if you need anything else from me dude. I could do the Revan hood/mask combo if you wanted to look into that. Also have you looked into the realm of basic clothing? I have a couple ideas :D

Hey Dak, you deffo do the Revan hood/mask combo! Great to hear from you! Thanks for all your work on the project thus far.

I've done some stuff with the clothing... All comes with bonuses so far. The Startup clothing has also been changed to look more Republic like;

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8520

Soldiers now have standard Republic Soldier armour, and Scouts and Scoundrels have NCO style skins from a mod I did a while ago click me.

What did you have in mind for clothing Dak? :)

Here's something else me and Dak have collaborated on for Force Fashion K1;

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8519

This is Xerda a Jedi Padawan at the enclave who also happens to act as a merchant with a useful variety of Jedi Robes (all standard ones, plus many of the custom robes here, as well as all the lightsaber colour crystals, and a few other relevant odds and ends). Dak on query on Xerda is if we could spawn a couple of containers by him... Currently he seems to have huge pockets ;-)

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dak on query on Xerda is if we could spawn a couple of containers by him... Currently he seems to have huge pockets ;-)

Haha that can indeed be done. I would just need to add onto the spawn script there... could you e-mail me EVERYTHING that corresponds to Xerda (minus the items of course)? I can make the scripts a lot less messy now ;)

Simple spawn scripts there, especially if they are just to provide him "pockets" :p

Hehe, I'm so fortunate to have the scripting genuis that is you, and the all round talented Dak helping out!

Looking awesome! I have a few little touches ready to add in to the Endar Spire :D

Thanks for all your help and hardwork Glenn, your a star!

The Endar Spire, is actually playing really interesting now! Just a heads up was going to do a special custom clothing with different stats for the different classes if that's ok? Will be standard clothing, and called soldier.uti, scout.uti and scoundrel.uti - If it would be possible to have the different clothing spawned dependant on class that would be amazing!

I can't remember did we ever get the Sith Assassins in the Endar Spire? Replayed it earlier, and the Sith Stalker work you did is brilliant :)

Haha that can indeed be done. I would just need to add onto the spawn script there... could you e-mail me EVERYTHING that corresponds to Xerda (minus the items of course)? I can make the scripts a lot less messy now ;)

Emailed ;-)

Further update of sorts, partially me playing, partially trying things out...

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8521

Left is a Jedi Female robe with hood (which sits really well even when in motion)... Middle is one of the two varients of Jedi Armour, and right is Bandon's armour with mask (which I'm working on changing to be more Sithy) also tried a hood on to see what it would look like.

^Very sweet! j7 I hope you don't mind me posting what I've been doing for an hour or so...

<snipped for brevity>

It still needs a little bit of shaping to fit around the head better but you get the idea :thmbup1:

Of course I don't mind! Great work... Looks good! :thmbup1: You may wanna download Revans Robes Revisioned to make the skin look better though ;-)

Would like to mention..... Does anyone have a save game just before the Star Forge on the Unknown World? Need to do some testing for changes I'm making to the Jedi and Dark Jedi there...

Just a heads up was going to do a special custom clothing with different stats for the different classes if that's ok? Will be standard clothing, and called soldier.uti, scout.uti and scoundrel.uti - If it would be possible to have the different clothing spawned dependant on class that would be amazing!
This is quite doable! I will make the scripts for spawning the appropriate clothing according to class - with the .uti's provided it should be simple. Do we want this to spawn in the PC's quarters (container) as well?

This is quite doable! I will make the scripts for spawning the appropriate clothing according to class - with the .uti's provided it should be simple. Do we want this to spawn in the PC's quarters (container) as well?

Yeah, if that's ok that would be fantastic, one additional thing to spawn in there as well would be rephelm.uti (the Republic soldiers helmet) should people want to wear it.

Further update of sorts, partially me playing, partially trying things out...

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8521

Left is a Jedi Female robe with hood (which sits really well even when in motion)... Middle is one of the two varients of Jedi Armour, and right is Bandon's armour with mask (which I'm working on changing to be more Sithy) also tried a hood on to see what it would look like.

Oy, my skin isn't Sithy enough? O_o

:lol: kidding :lol:

J7, did I send you the PSD file of my helmet skin? And bandon armour?

Think that might make your live easier with the reskinning them.

Love the update on Yuthura. Wouldn't mind some small dark red details. Just a few extra bits, to break up the grey and black.

I know, I know, being overly bitchy :lol:

^Very sweet! j7 I hope you don't mind me posting what I've been doing for an hour or so...

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

swkotor2011-09-1818-26-01-52.jpg

It still needs a little bit of shaping to fit around the head better but you get the idea :thmbup1:

Is that my Korriban city model reskinned as background? :p

Also nice work on the models. Really nice!

Is that my Korriban city model reskinned as background? :p

I couldn't help myself, it's for a mod of mine :D

Also nice work on the models. Really nice!

I really appreciate it, especially coming from the Q man himself :xp:

Also I'm having trouble downloading Revan's Robes Revisioned from kfiles at the moment, I get a page not found thingy...

Oy, my skin isn't Sithy enough? O_o

:lol: kidding :lol:

J7, did I send you the PSD file of my helmet skin? And bandon armour?

Think that might make your live easier with the reskinning them.

Just found them again.... And implemented in game.

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8522

Your Bandon skin will be in game, but not as Bandon's skin, but as a Mysterious warriors called Hannes from days gone past...

Love the update on Yuthura. Wouldn't mind some small dark red details. Just a few extra bits, to break up the grey and black.

Just for you Q, I will see what I can do :)

Also I'm having trouble downloading Revan's Robes Revisioned from kfiles at the moment, I get a page not found thingy...

Email sent ;)

Edit: Hannes Que armour...

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8523

(Icon has since been changed)

Also, slight reds added to Yathura... Brightened this image so they are easier to see;

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8524

Just thought I would share this in this thread, since it is active and it does pertain to part of FFK1...

EDIT: ONM, instead of that, go check out this thread if you are interested in scripting stuff. Sorry for attempted hijacking :mob:

In regard to the Davik armor change, I am not sure how I feel about it. Prince would like it though :lol:

The Yuthura final however, is IMO exceptional!

the Yuthura outfit is looking really good. I like how the red pinstripes are dark, and understated. Most of the time in Star Wars, the Sith red and black theme can become cliche. Your red is an added touch, without hitting people over the head "I'm Sith!" :lol:. You might even be able to add a touch more of the red pinstriping to the shoulder and wrist rectangular details, just to tie the armour pieces together.

Unfortunately, the Davik outfit looks really rushed, and I have higher confidence in your skinning skills than this recolour alludes to. Please take it as a compliment that I have high expectations when I see your skins :D

As for the concept, I think that Davik would wear something protective, but not overly heavy. He's a crimelord, not a tank. Maybe a medium armour would be a better choice? [Edit] If I was doing it, I'd use selection tools to separate out the various parts (armour plates, pants, shirt, gloves etc) for both the original and new armour. Then I'd use the wonderful "Match Color" feature of Photoshop (to make the new pants the same colour as the original etc). Then, to make it look more like "Davik's" armour, I'd copy over that orange half circle detail on the chest and shoulder plates. Of course, that's just what I'd do, but you might have different ideas as to what you want Davik to eventually look like.[\Edit]

Quanon, do you think I could get a copy of your Bandon armour psd? The pattern is awesome, but maybe I could tweek some of the edges and details, to add a bit of depth? (Highlights and shadows mostly)

Ok guys, still searching for a save just prior to the Starforge... Could do with just before the temple :-p Checked both BoS and still gotta do the last star maps in the saves I could find for each of the archives I have. So if anyone has a save around there, I'd be massively grateful to have it!!

Slight query here, I was planning on making two varieties of Jedi Robe available to the player, using the Revans robes section... The Revans robes now used in game are disguise items, my only query is will that mess up the reveal moment? Anyone know?

I've converted Davik back to his armour, after some of your thoughts, will see if I can find another armour model for him...

Not done too much apart from icon making, all the "human" NPC's clothes now have stats and their own icons, made Bastila's disguise icon as well, example of Carth and Bastila's disguise here;

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8540

Only other tweak I've made apart from icon making was to give Malak Sith eyes;

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8541

I've converted Davik back to his armour, after some of your thoughts, will see if I can find another armour model for him...

Hey, jonathan7 it seems like we're thinking/doing some of the same things; i've recently made some Davik's armor variations (same armor, different textures/colors) and need only to finish up the female ones, if you're interested (of course you'll need to see the thing first) i can upload them for you. :)

The Bastila disguise looks really good btw, is it going to be clothing like her regular attire or is it gonna have some defensive properties? (2 cents: please don't make it overpowered for that point in the game, same for npc clothing, game's pathetically easy as it is! :))

Hey, jonathan7 it seems like we're thinking/doing some of the same things; i've recently made some Davik's armor variations (same armor, different textures/colors) and need only to finish up the female ones, if you're interested (of course you'll need to see the thing first) i can upload them for you. :)

Hey Cap, yeah I'd love to have a look at what you've done with Davik, your WIP thread has alot really great stuff in it! :) Force Fashion K1 is basically a mod by the "Holowan Knights" i.e. it has contributions from a great many modders, such as (in no particular order) SpaceAlex, Quanon, RedRob41, Dak_Drexl, Qui-Gon Glenn, Prime, Xavier2, Chainz.da, Kha, Darth Jacen, Varsity Puppet, Maruis Fett, Darth333 and many others, so it's very much a community effort and would not be possible without everyone here at Holowan chipping in and being so generous with their work.

Yeah, we have been working on similar lines; including updating the low poly aliens and changing the Dark Jedi, its much further back in the thread; See this post for what I had done with the Dark Jedi (click me) Great minds thing alike ;)

The Bastila disguise looks really good btw, is it going to be clothing like her regular attire or is it gonna have some defensive properties? (2 cents: please don't make it overpowered for that point in the game, same for npc clothing, game's pathetically easy as it is! :))

Bastila stats are Defence Bonus +1, Stealth Bonus 5, Charisma +1 and restricted to Jedi Sentinel to try and stop others being able to wear it...

picture.php?albumid=710&pictureid=8542

That ok?

Nice job. Malak looks much more terrifying now.

Thanks FG, it's amazing how much difference a little touch up can make, I'm just moving onto changing theest Malak's appearance but just a small change does make him seem less cartoonish and alot more malevolent, I've also changed his mouth-less model to have Sith Eyes too... Will post more updates shortly.

It is possible to make passive feats via scripting correct? Couldn't you make a passive feat that offers no bonuses and is just there as requirement for Party Member specific items so no one else could wear Bastila's disguise or Carth's clothing for example?

Not sure to be honest, I'm not a scripter. It's a shame that unlike K2, you can't restrict to items of clothing only being worn by the individual they are for. I have used the I have used a class limitation to stop different party members wearing things, in Jolee's case, neutral and consular... Best I could come up with.

It is possible to make passive feats via scripting correct? Couldn't you make a passive feat that offers no bonuses and is just there as requirement for Party Member specific items so no one else could wear Bastila's disguise or Carth's clothing for example?

Bastila already has Battle Meditation, which is unique to her. Juhani has her Force Cloak (the power actually comes from a stealth belt in her hidden item slot). I forget what Jolee's unique feat is. Canderous has his regeneration. If you find out all the unique passive feats that people have you can use them as requirements for items.

Archived