Home

Cervical Cancer Drug Issues?

jonathan7

A recent death from the national immunisation programme did result in it being in the news; Click Me! However it would at least seem to me in any vaccinations there are a small percentage who react badly.

As reflected in this extract from the above article;

Professor Malcolm McCrae, from the University of Warwick’s Department of Biological Sciences, said that it was a well-tested vaccine and that it was unwise to speculate about a cause of death until test results were known. “People will be concerned when they hear of the tragic death of a young girl, but this is a well-tested vaccine,” he said. “As with any medical intervention, vaccines can on occasion see tragic consequences, but overall this is an extremely well-tested vaccine which has been produced in response to a fairly severe health problem.”

The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) said that 4,657 instances of side-effects and adverse reactions had been reported in relation to Cervarix. These included cases of allergic reactions, dizziness and nausea, but officials said that the vaccine was considered to have a good safety profile and had not been associated with severe side-effects not listed in the product information.

I really dislike that headline too, as I consider it quite misleading, also it would seem to me that around 4,500 reporting side effects is very low when considering this is a national vaccination.

Anyways, your thoughts?

A recent death from the national immunisation programme did result in it being in the news; Click Me! However it would at least seem to me in any vaccinations there are a small percentage who react badly.

As reflected in this extract from the above article;

I really dislike that headline too, as I consider it quite misleading, also it would seem to me that around 4,500 reporting side effects is very low when considering this is a national vaccination.

Anyways, your thoughts?

This puts me in mind of the furore that is still going on over the MMR vaccine that started 20 years ago.

I think that it needs further research to determine whether the vaccine is definitely responsible for these side effects, and I don't that the Government should halt the entire program based on a few cases.

Of course, if the number of cases rise, and the vaccine is determined to cause potentially fatal side effects, then the program should be halted until a safer alternative is found.

The Flu vaccine still kills over roughly 100 people each year.*

****, Ibuprofen leads to the death of about 400+ people each year.*

People really need to read disclaimers and warnings. The disappointing title isn't too surprising considering the inconsiderately over-sensationalist spin all media puts on anything. Why haven't I read more articles titled "Man dies after drinking milk", because I know of at least three times it has happened in this year.

I'd say 1:1.4 million odds is pretty damn good. Also the side effects mentioned are the same side effects of any vaccine, it's common to become dizzy and nauseas after having new hormones and such inserted into your body, nothing a day in bed won't fix.

* - Numbers within the US after averaging out over a 10 year period

My thought is that she likely had an allergic reaction to some component in the vaccine--it could have been the vaccine itself, it could have been the preservative in the vaccine. It could have been something unrelated to the vaccine, say a bee sting. Without knowing anything about her health (for instance, if she had asthma, severe allergies, or autoimmune disorders, just as examples), it's impossible to know if it was the vaccine or not.

There will always be people who have bad reactions to some drug or treatment. It is tragic when it causes death. Certainly it merits more research to determine who's most likely going to have a severe reaction and then work at preventing that. Looking at it from a strictly numbers point of view, the vaccines are going to save a lot more lives down the road than they take, however, so I hope that it doesn't scare women away from having the vaccine.

I wouldn't be supprised if there's already a conspiracy theorist video about this vaccine already on youtube. Those flu vaccine conspiracy videos are already pretty viral. And I don't know how many more times I can roll my eyes at such things before I sprain an eye muscle.

Archived