Home

Star Wars: Legacy of Hope

((As per request by Sky, I have taken the role of Sethos, temporarily. Since he's not my own character/creation, it will be difficult to portray him correctly at first, so please bare with me.))

"Sethos..." the towering Sith Lord heard as he relished in the chaos of the raging battle. Turning, he stared at the small, frail figure before him, holding out his lightsaber before him, he menaced, "Lyyyna. How noble of you to stand against me, granddaughter."

Sethos rasped a cryptic laugh, one that could freeze blood, before saying, "Have you come to kill me girl?"

((Sorry! That's all for now. I'll edit in more later, mostly stuff from Slate though. I know, quite a disapointment, but at least it's carrying the RP forward. :) ))

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((No, no, that's good, MA. I like it. :D ))

Lyna glared up at Sethos. "Been thinking about it. But as I told you before... I won't let the Dark Side take control of me!" She stood in defense stance. "But let me ask you this: Would you kill your own granddaughter? Just like you killed my parents, aka your son and daughter-in-law?"

--------------------------------------

Tino sadly joined the other tribesmen. It wasn't fair. Just because he was a kid... didn't mean he could help. Even back in the Old Repblic days, children were allowed to fight in battle. But nowadays, people forgot that little people could do big things too.

The young warrior child looked up at Cade and Slate sadly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

((Okay guys, new plan: Let's do a timeskip. That way we can get to the point where you guys don't have to wait much longer. So right now, Lyna and Sethos are on top of a cliff, dueling. This is the point where Master_Archon (Sethos) can finally strike.))

(Moments later)

"Atrila! How you holding up with these Sith and Stormies?!" Syana asked as she killed a few Sith and Stormtroopers.

(Meanwhile)

Lyna, now on the cliff with Sethos, continued to duel the Sith lord. There had to be some way to stop him. If it meant her dying as well... then so be it. As she jumped away from him, Lyna stood and deactivated her lightsaber. "Grandpa. I will not fight you. We're family. Family should never go against one another. You understand that, don't you?" She sighed and turned around, watching the battle take place. "Ya know... this reminds me of the battle in the Old Republic days. I often wonder... will peace ever be restored? As a little girl... I've always longed for peace. Haven't you, Grandpa?"

"Wait Slate... You do make a very good point. We certainly don't need extra baggage, but we could use that to our advantage." Cade crossed his arms. "Because these people aren't exactly classified as inconspicuous, they make an ideal diversion to create a path to our primary goal."

"In a scenario where we need to reach from Point A to Point B, the only passage may consists of guards and obstacles." Nale analyzed. "We could use them as a distraction, so as to clear a path to our objective."

"What do you think Slate? These guys were aware of the danger before they were recruited."

Slate had his appetite sated the moment Cade made his last remark, his mind was now satisfied with the knowledge that he'd been seeking. He smirked wickedly under his helmet.

"Your call Cade, but I do like your tactics, very....ruthless," Slate remarked coolly, his lightsaber slipping away as easily as it had appeared. "Once we're aboard we let them loose and slip off unnoticed during the initial chaos. Is that sound? Or do I have it wrong?"

"Grandpa. I will not fight you. We're family. Family should never go against one another. You understand that, don't you?" Lyna sighed and turned around. "Ya know... this reminds me of the battle in the Old Republic days. I often wonder... will peace ever be restored? As a little girl... I've always longed for peace. Haven't you, Grandpa?"

Sethos hesitated, but only for a moment, standing up straight he approached his granddaughter. "The Old Republic you say? That was a long time ago, girl, I'm surprised you know anything about the battles of that time. You must have payed attention in school like a good little 'granddaughter'; good for you," he mocked as he stood beside her, his lightsaber deactivating, surveying the ensuing carnage.

"You were, however, not taught the ways of the Jedi properly, attachment is forbidden for a reason, girl, and you've already grown attached to me, if not aaaallll your friends," he chided, placing his hand on the small of her back, between her shoulder blades as if to comfort her. "Quite the mistake, child."

With that he activated the lightsaber that he held in his hand, the one placed on her back, a red, searing blade bursting through the center of her chest from behind. "You asked me if I'd kill my own granddaughter, just like I killed my son and daughter...In-law," he turned and gazed with an unnaturally cruel look into the wide, terror stricken, and pained face of Lyna. "Yes, I would."

With one motion he pulled out his blade and pushed her, barely aided by the Force, he sent her stumbling towards the cliff's edge, making one last weary remark, before she plummeted to her doom: "I too, have longed for peace, yes."

She was gone; Sethos stared for what seemed like the longest of times since he'd killed his son and his son's wife. He surveyed the battle once more, and then turned, deactivating his lightsaber, he walked off, his once dominating stance withered, his shoulders and head drooping.

He cast one last look over his shoulder, and said with a rising degree of anger that also seemed to fade at the end, "But that was a long time ago, when I was naive.....Like you."

((Well I hope that was enough of a dramatic shocker. It wasn't the best though, still I think I like how I added a few more faces to Sethos' persona.))

"Atrila! How you holding up with these Sith and Stormies?!"

Atrila nodded only once and she quickly managed to cut the lightsaber arm of a Twi'lek sith off and then used the force to freeze a small group of stormtroopers in place before cutting them down.

"I can hold my own." She said quietly as a sudden disturbance echoed throughout the force. Her head instantly turned toward the cliffs and then back to Syana.

"Sethos, I know where he is. I will trust you to handle the remaining opponets. Right now I have a duty to perform."

Juhani turned toward the siths and began running as fast as she could.

"Once we're aboard we let them loose and slip off unnoticed during the initial chaos. Is that sound? Or do I have it wrong?"

"You're in the right mind. We'll go let them do their thing, while the rest is up to us..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seemed that meeting was only a moment ago, even though in actuality a few hours had passed. During that time, the ship was caught within the main tractor beam of one of the Primary Star Destroyers.

Hidden within the secret compartments of the ship, the Imperial Scanner Team could trace no signs of the crew. After reporting the situation to their command, it was a matter of Cade and his team covertly taking out the scanner team and hiding their bodies within the compartments.

Fast forwarding to the present moment, it was only a few moments ago that the Ysanna Warriors created a distraction within the main dock, so that to lure the majority of security personel and militia - while the shadow team; Slate, Cade and Nale, proceeded onwards to the Primary Control Bridge. It was only a matter of taking out the guards and personel.

"Slate, lock the doors fast!" Cade called from across the vast bridge, overlooking a vast view of the planet below. Nale walked over to one of the consoles, and began working. Cade shifted his eyes all over the place, ensuring nobody else but them were present.

Lyna laid on the jungle's floor, dying. However, she felt no anger, hate, or any other emotions. She only thought on what it would be like to be One with the Force. Then, she remembered the teaching her mother gave her when she was a little girl..

(Flashback)

"Mommy? What's it like to be One with the Force?" Coral Mai smiled down at a seven-year-old Lyna.

"Hmmm. It's actually wonderful. When we say 'One with the Force', it means to retain our identities after our physical death, thus becoming One with the Force. This is through the Living Force, which is present in most living beings, surrounding and penetrating them, making all living things connected by the Living Force..."

(Present day)

Lyna looked up at the blue skies weakly. However, her vision was becoming blurry. "May the Force be with you... Cade..." she said through her bond to Cade weakly. And with that, she was gone...

(Moments later)

Jojo and Jomo, along with the others, saw Lyna's body. "Lyna!!" the twins shrieked. They knelt beside her and began to cry. "Please get up!" Jojo said, as the teenaged girl held Lyna. After Syana caught up with them, she gasped. She comlinked Cade in panic. "Cade! Something horrible happened to Lyna! She's... she's dead!"

(In the Netherworld of the Force)

Lyna woke up, looking around. She slowly stood up, observing her surroundings. To her, the landscape looked... heavenly.

"Where am I?"

((Alrighty then! I've decided to make a new chapter of this, after Lyna's funeral. This time, more action and adventure will begin, with secrets and surprises revealed! Anyway, I don't wannna spoil it for you guys. :D ))

Archived