Home

The Sith Lords: Full Force Mod pack 1

TSLFFMsplash.jpg

This project started in July as an overly ambitious Force Power mod. The goal: to add as many force powers as possible to Kotor II.

But after 3 long months of talking about working on the project, (with 3 weeks total of actual work), we ended up with 15 solidly scripted powers.

I got enough help from Team Hssiss, so with Canderis' okay, I donated my efforts to the Team Hssiss name.

Download at Filefront: Clicky Me

Screenshots are below:

README

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
========================================================

A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II MOD

========================================================

The Sith Lords: Full Force Mod Pack 1

A Team Hssiss Mod

Author: Team Hssiss

For: KotOR II

Date: 08/26/2009

E-mail: teamhssiss@yahoo.com

officialvpcombat@yahoo.com

or Private Message VarsityPuppet at Holowan Labs

=================================

CREDITS:

Team Leader: Canderis

Lead Scripter: VarsityPuppet(VPcombat)

Balancing Consultant: Lord of Hunger

Skinner: Te Mirdala Mand'alor(Mand'alor the Artistic)

Moral Support: DarthDac, Trigger God(BIOSHAZARD)

THANKS TO:

Darth Darkus for spotting out some nasty bugs

yawon for getting my into scripting

The original TSLFFM team

Stoffe for inspiration

HarIII for Screenshots and final Testing

Mr Shadow for final Testing

INTRO:

The TSLFFM was a project originally founded by VarsityPuppet and yawon. Initially intended to become a large modding effort with crazy amounts of hype, the project dwindled down to about 15 solidly scripted Force powers and ended up with being adopted as a full Team Hssiss mod.

________________________________________________________________________________________

DESCRIPTION:

This mod will add 15 new force powers to your game.

All powers are added directly to the Force Power Selection Screen. Some will only appear if the character has a prestige class.

Force Enflame

Universal Power

Prerequisites:

Character Level 8

This power allows the caster to generate an extreme amount of heat within the victim's body, eventually causing it to erupt into flames, suffering damage equal to the attacking character's level.

A successful Fortitude save by the target at a DC of 5 + the attacking character's level + the attacking character's Wisdom and Charisma modifiers will null any effects.

If unable to save, the victim may also suffer a temporary bout of insanity.

Force Combustion

Dark Side Power

Prerequisites:

Character Level 12

With a higher understanding of sentient biology, the caster is able to trigger a series of reactions within the target's body, causing it to explode, dealing damage equal to twice the attacking character's level.

A successful Fortitude save by the target at a DC of 5 + the attacking character's level + the attacking character's Wisdom and Charisma modifiers will null any effects.

Force Destruction

Dark Side Power

Prerequisites:

Any Prestige Class

Assuming complete control over the target, the caster lifts the victims body into the air and riddles it with one fatal explosion.

Force Quake

Universal Power

Prerequisites:

Character Level 16

Any Prestige Class

This power sends tremors through the ground, knocking all enemies in the vicinity off balance. Everyone within a 20 meter radius will be knocked down.

Doppelganger

Universal Power

Prerequisites:

Character Level 16

Any Prestige Class

This power spawns a lesser replica of the caster who will aid in fighting for 60 seconds or until it is killed. The Doppelganger itself is an illusion, not actual living matter.

Sith Alchemy: Create Life

Dark Side Power

Prerequisites:

Character Level 10

Using Alchemical principles discovered by the Ancient Sith, the caster can indefinitely create a Sithspawn creature with the aid of the Force. The creature may, however, suffer mutations such as a short life span, decreased strength, and terrible dexterity. It is also possible for beasts created in this manner to become psychotic and uncontrollable. A Neutral or Dark Side alignment will yield moderate to impressive results. Lightside users, meanwhile, will be unable to use this power effectively.

NOTE: If the Jedi has Beast Trick or Beast Confusion, disobedience is less likely to occur.

Sith Alchemy: Create Life II

Dark Side Power

Prerequisites:

Character Level 16

Create Life

Creatures made with Create Life II will be less prone to mutations and generally have a longer lifespan. Also, they will be more likely to respond to the caster's commands. A Neutral or Dark Side alignment will yield moderate to impressive results. Lightside users will be unable to use this power effectively.

Sith Alchemy: Transform

Dark Side Power

Prerequisites:

Sith Marauder, Sith Assassin or Sith Lord level 6

Create Life

Create Life II

Having mastered the art of Sith Alchemy, the caster is now able to transform into a ravenous beast with the aid of the Force. While changed, the caster will not be able to use any Force Powers or regain any Force Points, but will have extraordinary physical strength. Due to the intense physical nature of tranformation, upon returning to human form, the Jedi will suffer -4 Strength and -4 Constitution for 120 seconds.

Shatterpoint

Universal Power

Prerequisites:

Character Level 16

Any Prestige Class

This power allows the caster to discover weaknesses within the structure of objects and other individuals. It lowers the defense of the target by 10 points for 6 seconds when used. A successful Fortitude save by the target at a DC of 5 + the attacking character's level + the attacking character's Wisdom and Charisma modifiers will null any effects.

Dark Healing

Dark Side Power

Prerequisites:

Sith Marauder, Sith Assassin or Sith Lord

This power completely restores the vitality of the caster, but will result in -2 to Strength and -4 to Constitution for 60 seconds. It will also significantly drain the Force Points of the caster. You will be unable to use this power if your Constitution is too low.

NOTE: Effects originating from this power will stack, but neither Strength nor Constitution will go below 3.

Sever Force

Universal Power

Prerequisites:

Any Prestige Class

Force Suppression

Force Breach

Sever Force was developed as a punishment for Dark Jedi and Sith, though the latter have also learned to apply it to their opponents as well. This lesser version of the power cuts off the target's connection to the Force temporarily, requiring them to rely on other means of combat for 30 seconds. The target's Force Points are lost and regeneration is stopped for that period of time.

A successful Will save by the target at a DC of 5 + the attacking character's level + the attacking character's Wisdom and Charisma modifiers will null any effects.

Subjugate

Universal Power

Prerequisites:

Character Level 16

Any Prestige Class

Entering the mind of the target, the caster is able to bring back painful memories from deep within, manipulating emotions to weaken their mental defense structure, making them more susceptible to force powers. An unsucessful Will save by the target at a DC of 5 + the attacking character's level + the attacking character's Wisdom and Charisma modifiers will lead to a -10 Force Resist penalty for 6 seconds.

Deadly Sight

Dark Side Power

Prerequisites:

Any Prestige Class

This power brings death and destruction to anyone seen by the caster through the Dark Side. However incredibly inefficient it is to use, it cannot be denied that it is a power to behold. FP cost may vary depending on the number of targets in the caster's field of view.

Spear of Midnight Black

Dark Side Power

Prerequisites:

Sith Marauder, Sith Assassin or Sith Lord

An ancient Dark Side power, the caster draws Dark Side energy from within, concentrates it into a near-physical form, and then hurls at an enemy, much like an actual spear.

Arrow of White Dawn

Light Side Power

Prerequisites:

Jedi Weapons Master, Jedi Watchman or Jedi Master

An ancient Light Side power, the caster draws Light Side energy from within, concentrates it into a near-physical form, and then hurls at an enemy, much like an actual arrow.

________________________________________________________________________________________

COMPATIBILITY:

Compatible on the PC and Xbox

INSTALL:

Use the TSLPatcher to install.

UNINSTALL:

There's never an easy fix with TSLpatcher installs. The best you can do is remove the scripts, tgas and replace the 2das/tlk with their backups

IMPORTANT:

DO NOT INSTALL THIS MOD TWICE. THE FORCE POWERS WILL STACK AND IT WILL NOT LOOK PRETTY

VERSIONS:

Pack 1 released: October 24th, 2009

BUGS:

-For powers that spawn objects (Doppelganger, Create Life), the spawns always seem to want to spawn near the PC, not the actual caster.

-The current version of Deadly Sight affects enemies with in a circular radius. It is possible to kill enemies that the caster should not be able to see, technically

-Due to some issues with factions, there are some who will attack your Sith Alchemy beasts. I left it in because it's cool. Some people just might be compelled to kill creepy looking beasts.

-Not a bug, but cool: Wherever you spawn a Sith Alchemy Beast, they will stay there indefinitely.. until they are killed.

-If used in conjunction quickly enough, the effects of Shatterpoint and Subjugate can stack.

PERMISSIONS:

You may use this mod as you see fit. Display it in screenshots, make it compatible with your mod. However, do please give credit where it's due, and DO NOT release it with any of your mods without my permission. Thanks.

KScriptEditor

Fred Tetra's KotorTool

GIMP

Obsidian for making a game to love and hate

All materials and copyrights belong to LucasArts, BioWare Corp. and Obsidian Entertainment Inc.

Sithspawns

Show spoiler
Sith_Alchemy.jpg

The Arrow of White Dawn

Show spoiler
Arrow_of_Morning_Dawn_1.jpg

Subjugate

Show spoiler
Subjugate.jpg

Force Quake

Show spoiler
Force_Quake.jpg

Force Destruction

Show spoiler
Destruction_3.jpg

And of course the download.... well there's no download yet. I have bad luck with uploading infected archives, so I'm waiting for Canderis to do it for me.

It will likely be linked to Filefront at least.

Looks like a great mod. :thmbup1:

My only gripe is that, IMHO, there could have been more LS powers, but since it was probably hard to make the powers in the first place, I must commend the amount of work put into it. :)

Your opinions will not go unheard Ping!

There are a lot of Neutral or Dark Side powers.. this is primarily because....

GOd I can't believe it I'm being kicked off my own computer.

VarsityPuppet, I saw downloaded this from KOTORFiles a few days ago because it sounded absolutely amazing! I've not had a chance to play it yet, but I'd sure it's great, so congratulations on a job well done.

I do have one tiny complaint though: I wish you'd developed more light side powers. So far it's mostly comprised of all dark side and neutral powers with one light side. Don't get me wrong, the powers you developed sound awesome and everything, but I just think you favored the dark side a little too much. A balance would have been nice.

Maybe keep this in mind in case you ever plan on updating this. ;) Otherwise, awesome mod!

[Edit] Oh, I see someone has mentioned this already. My bad.

I do have one tiny complaint though: I wish you'd developed more light side powers. So far it's mostly comprised of all dark side and neutral powers with one light side. Don't get me wrong, the powers you developed sound awesome and everything, but I just think you favored the dark side a little too much. A balance would have been nice.

As we speak, I'm working (slowly, but still working) on more powers for the TSL:FFM pack 2. Don't get all too excited though. It's still got a long ways to go.

• 4 years later...

Archived