Home

Life on Mars?/Jedi on Mars?

JebusJM

So I love the song and show Life on Mars(?), and was bored today, thus I decided to make a Jedi-style chorus for the song. It sucks, but I thought I'd share it:

And she's hooked to the holo screen

But the transmission is a sadd'ning bore

For she's lived it ten times or more

She could spit in the eyes of Sith

As they ask her to focus on

Jedi

Fighting in the training hall

Oh, man

Look at those cavemen go

It's the freakiest show

Take a look at the Jedi Master

Beating up the wrong guy

Oh, man

Wonder if he'll ever know

Who's in the best-selling show

Is there Jedi on Mars?

So I love the song and show Life on Mars(?), and was bored today, thus I decided to make a Jedi-style chorus for the song. It sucks, but I thought I'd share it:

Change the last line to "Are there Jedi on Mars?" and you have a winner. Yeah.. so it doesn't sound exactly like "Is there life on Mars?"... but if you sing it with a slick Bowie-esque voice, then no one will know different. ;)

And I hope you love the original Life on Mars, and not the somewhat sub-par US remake. To be fair, the US remake was still okay, but I don't understand why they felt the need to remake a show that finished production only one year earlier (and was a far bigger hit than the US remake too...). But I guess the US did that to the Office too (albeit the US remake of that was terrible, IMO).

Lol you're not on ur own - if u mean the USA Version - I disagree - i hate it - but the UK version (the original version) is one of the best programmes I have ever seen.

and love ur version, i lol'd. Only I reckon you shouldn't really have Jedi in Take a look at the Jedi Master, just master i think. :)

Oh and as for the Ashes to Ashes, I agree it isn't near as good - but it's still good - i mean..it has the gene genie and Ray carling and chris skelton! what more can u want, really? :p It's a gr8 cast, and I am looking forward to series 3 in april

Bought the 4 pack of both mars series and both ashes series so far, love life on mars - and john simm and phil glenister are both awesome actors.

Good series (love the psychology themes), good idea, good song, good Bowie.

bowie-kenobi_1483950c.jpg

Obi-Wan KeBowie

Yep, watched Ashes to Ashes and thoroughly enjoyed that as well. I agree with Taak that John Simms in particular is a fantastic actor.

Huh. I didn't know that there was a third season of Ashes to Ashes... but then I haven't even caught up with all of season 2 as yet. I thought I'd heard somewhere that they were only doing two seasons.. really glad I was wrong.

Archived