Home

Mod Rating System

Xarwarz

Ive been thinknig of a type of rating system that modders should get to rate their work and help create better mods.

This is what i got so far.......Any ideas are appreciated.... ill add it to the list if its valuable

MODS should have this system

Creativity- how much creativeness was put into the mod

Usefulness- how useful is the mod

Replay value- does it have replay value

Idea- was it original

Compatibility- Is it compatible with other mods

Quality- Was the mod well done

yes, it's more detailed, but are we going to have someone post 1 thread here for every mod on filefront? That would be a huge undertaking and probably could be considered spammy here. Perhaps instead someone could do a weekly review of a rare/overlooked mod hitting all the points you mentioned?

Where will this new system be implemented?

How will it stay objective?

Will you go back and review all previous mods or only new mods?

If I was a reviewer my views would vary greatly from others. I only play the sp game so any mp only mod would unfortunetly receive a low score for me. It wouldn't be fair.

If someone only played mp, as is mostly the case, they would be harsher for mods that related to the sp portion of the game. Not fair either.

Your system is too subjective.

Where will this new system be implemented?

How will it stay objective?

Will you go back and review all previous mods or only new mods?

If I was a reviewer my views would vary greatly from others. I only play the sp game so any mp only mod would unfortunetly receive a low score for me. It wouldn't be fair.

If someone only played mp, as is mostly the case, they would be harsher for mods that related to the sp portion of the game. Not fair either.

Your system is too subjective.

well the point was to get ideas together to make it fair and balanced. With or without a rating system people have there favorite types of mods. You of course would need impartial people. Think of a gaming magazine do you think the reviewers like every game they look at no but you have to give it a fair rating.

• 4 weeks later...

Creativity- 10 - Not been seen before

Usefulness- ?? - I don't understand this one.

Replay value- 10 - Play it all the time.

Idea- 10 - Same as "creativity" I think.

Compatibility- 0 - It's a total mod, so none

Quality- 8 - Great, but could always be better.

I quickly rated a mod my brother and I did that completely changes the game into a dungeon crawling adventure, as well as adding an absurd amount of new functions.

The same score would apply to our superhero mod, and the Original Star Trek mod.

So they get a 38 (depending on what "Useful" is). So what does that mean?

Archived