Home

Dak's Big Skin Pack

Hope everyone enjoys this :thmbup1:

My Second Released Mod.

Readme:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Dak's BIG Skin Pack - Readme

Description:

This skin pack will change many aspects of the game texture-wise and also add a few new items.

The most notable changes would probably be with party members Mira, Atton, and Bao-Dur,

while there are also many aesthetic enhancements for other NPC's such as Sith soldiers, TSF officers,

Darth Nihilus, the Jedi masters, protocol droids, etc. To see all of the changes just look at the

screenshots and/or take a peek at the readme.

List of Changes:

Atton:

The textures on his default clothing always bothered me; they looked too rubbery. So, I gave his

jacket a slight leather texture and his shirt a new "cotton-ish" texture.

I also thought Atton looked way too clean for his personality, so I gave him the scruffy beard,

which becomes more scruffy with dark side transitions, which are custom. No more Zombie transitions.

Includes custom portraits.

Mira:

I hated how Mira looked, so I gave her a whole new look. Also added the always-classy "tramp stamp"

which I think totally matches her personality. Includes custom portraits.

Bao-Dur:

Enhanced original textures and new dark side transitions which will cover his enitre face. Includes custom portraits.

HK-47:

I always thought he looked too "new" for just having been torn up like he was. I made him dirtier-looking

and gave him a better texture and brighter eyes. Includes custom portrait.

Mandalore:

Enhanced his armor textures - I personally think they look way better now. Includes custom portrait.

Mandalorians:

I got sick of the default three armors, so I made three new jungle-themed armors, for Dxun.

All three are wearable items in the game. Cheat codes:

a_heavy_16

a_heavy_17

a_heavy_18

Khoonda:

I always liked Zherron and I thought it would be cool if he were a chiss, so I did just that. I also enhanced the

the Khoonda Militia armor and made it a wearable item. Cheat is a_medium_16.

Sith Soldiers:

New enhanced and better-looking Sith Troopers. Also includes two wearable armors. Cheats:

a_medium_17

a_medium_18

Various other changes:

Enhanced textures for Nihilus, Sion, TSF officers, standard Republic Soldiers, Onderonian Soldiers, protocol driods,

Masters Kavar and Vrook, various aliens, a new skin for T3-M4 and a new clothing skin for Disciple.

Installation:

If you want to install every texture, just open the sub-folder titled "Everything" and drop all of those files intp

your override.

If you only want certain things, open the sub-folder titled "Optionals". In there will be sub-folders with titles

of all the changes. Open the sub-sub folder with the title you want, such as "Atton". Drop those files into your

override.

Bugs/Incompatibilities:

One bugs lies in the selectable PC head I used for Mira. Its default texture will look just like Mira's and then

DS transitions will return to the normal ones for that head. This is caused by my avoiding a .2da entry to avoid

massive incompatibility. Just don't pick that head if you use the new Mira. It would be weird anyway.

Also, Mira's tattoo won't appear in her dancer's outfit. This is also to avoid a .2da entry.

This mod will be incompatible with any skins that change the same people as these do and any items titled:

a_medium_16

a_medium_17

a_medium_18

a_heavy_16

a_heavy_17

a_heavy_18

Notes:

There may be a v2 which would implement the items into the game so you don't have to cheat,

reskin commoners, and add a few other random skins/enhancements.

Permissions:

You may not use this mod or any skins in this mod without first contacting me at

DakDrexl@gmail.com or Dak Drexl on lucasforums.

Screenshots!

Show spoiler

atton.jpg

attonportraits.jpg

hk47.jpg

baodur.jpg

baodurportraits.jpg

khoonda.jpg

miraq.jpg

miraportraitst.jpg

mandalore.jpg

mandoscreen1.jpg

mandoscreen2.jpg

mandoscreen3.jpg

sithlords.jpg

sith.jpg

aliensh.jpg

andmore.jpg

Kotor Files Link

Please post feedback as it is very helpful.

Enjoy!

Very cool, can't wait till the link is up. Especially want that new Mira, the regular just never seemed right to me. I especially like that you can pick and choose what you want, though I may just grab everything anyway.

Hmm, I wonder how long it takes until the link gets posted.

the screenshots are looking pretty decent. I'll give it a download when it's ready.

I think that you should learn how to use the TSLPatcher. That way, you could change things like the tattoos on Mira's dancer outfit, and NOT have to worry about incompatibilities.

Goodness!! :emodanc: what can I say ... I'd certainly use Mira's new look, the Mandalorians jungle-themed armors and Mandalore's retex too.

I don't see this at kotorfiles already ... right? shouldn't this be on WIP then or I'm missing a link here? :)

keep up the good work :thmbup1:

I submitted the files but I'm not so sure if it went through properly. This is completed and I was planning on adding the link here, but I think I'm going to set up TSL patcher for it right now and re-submit.

Thanks for the feedback :thmbup1:

I submitted the files but I'm not so sure if it went through properly. This is completed and I was planning on adding the link here, but I think I'm going to set up TSL patcher for it right now and re-submit.

Thanks for the feedback :thmbup1:

yep TSL patcher would be great and somehow needed indeed ... :)

To check pending of approval files at kotorfiles, clic in the Submit Files option in The Files section of http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com.

In the last paragraph of the page there's a "here" link to them ... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wow! How long did it take you to finish it ? Looks great!:thmbup1::thmbup1:

I LOVE your reskin of Mira. Great job man:thmbup1:

One tiny piece missing, Dak. You see, Bao-Dur's head has many textures but his clothes don't, so it creates a weird thing there. It's as if Bao-Dur's head doesn't belong to that body. Perhaps you could make a 1.1 version improving it. Look at it here:

Show spoiler
baodur.jpg

Thank you for this mod.

Ah, I see what you mean about Bao-Dur now. I did change his exposed "good" arm but I definitely see how that looks a bit weird. I probably didn't change it because I rarely see him in default clothing for more than 2 minutes but if people would appreciate it I'll change that in v2.

@The Darth Revan, If you want, you can find

P_Mira.mdl,

P_Mira.mdx,

PFHHC05,

P_MiraHd1,

P_MiraHd2,

PO_pMira,

PO_pmirad1,

PO_pmirad2.

And take them out of your override. Then Mira will be back to before other than her clothes :)

EDIT: I got a bug report that the screen gets distorted while Atton is in the party. I'm checking it out now and I don't think it can be caused by this mod but if anyone has this problem please post here or at KFiles. Thanks!

Well I'm just walking through Dxun with my actual playthrough and I got myself into this ...

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae35/jorgeluagm/Kotor%20TSL%20screenshots/Rightafterambush.jpg

and this:

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae35/jorgeluagm/Kotor%20TSL%20screenshots/Ambushchat.jpg

and it was an awesome pleasant sight, the camo armors I mean, well not so pleasant 'cause I forgot they were there so they got me :lol: actually their stealth field generators were kind of useless in this ocassion ah?

Oh and look who I reached the mandalorian hidden camp at Dxun with :thmbup1: ...

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae35/jorgeluagm/Kotor%20TSL%20screenshots/AtDxunscamp.jpg

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae35/jorgeluagm/Kotor%20TSL%20screenshots/WithOURfriendKexxyep.jpg

cool dude ... very interesting job indeed :)

actually I had to lighten a little Mira's head to look like the pics, and reduce head and body color saturation ... :)

Thanks for the feedback guys! I will try to do what you did to Mira in a next version. Those Jungle pics look AWESOME!! I really like how they turned out. How do you get your screenshots so hi-res? I suppose my computer just sucks :p

And remember those armors (mando and sith) are equipable items. You just have to cheat (will also fix this is v2).

Glad you all like it!

Edit: Oh, and I was scared before I clicked the picture link; thought it was a nasty bug :D

Thanks for the feedback guys! I will try to do what you did to Mira in a next version. Those Jungle pics look AWESOME!! I really like how they turned out. How do you get your screenshots so hi-res? I suppose my computer just sucks :p

And remember those armors (mando and sith) are equipable items. You just have to cheat (will also fix this is v2).

Edit: Oh, and I was scared before I clicked the picture link; thought it was a nasty bug :D

Pics are 1024x768, you have to zoom them to see properly, but I cheated a little for them :thmbup1: ... 'cause I actually play in 800x600 ... my card is a GeForce 7600GT, pretty old as u can see, maybe my CPU is much better ...

about equippable armors, that was great, to have them available I mean. I just finished a mod for myself to add them in-game with a logical approach 'cause I'm not fan of free weapons all over the galaxy :raise: ... so people will have to work a little to achieve the items with this mod.

If u are interested I send u a PM, I need your permission anyway if I want to upload this ... :) you could even use this within your next release if you improve Mira's head or something else.

Archived