Home

'Back to the Future' hoax fools Web

Ser'eck

They are actually re-starting building those Deloreans. If my new job pays good, I might go visit a friend of mine who runs a garage and import one.

Epic, epic movie. Which reminds me to buy the DVD box asap, together with the LOTR box. *runs for the DVD store*

Funny how many of us get news from yahoo. I contemplated posting this myself. :)

You know, I saw one as a lad myself, ironically right after watching back to the future 1, 2, and 3.

Then when I was old enough they didn't make them anymore. :( Didn't even get my license till after graduating high school but by then they had long stopped.

I either want one of these or a turbo injection racing Subaru.

They are actually re-starting building those Deloreans. If my new job pays good, I might go visit a friend of mine who runs a garage and import one.

Epic, epic movie. Which reminds me to buy the DVD box asap, together with the LOTR box. *runs for the DVD store*

The outtakes for the first movie are pretty funny. Especially the intentional spinoff of deleted scene "she's cheating". ;)

Yeah, I remember my friend telling me about it and then correcting him.

Also, one of my goals in life is to one day own my very own DeLorean :cool:

Start saving your money *now* and you might be able to get one in 20 years if they still make 'em anymore. :thmbup1:

Yes indeed! Every young man's dream I suppose :shades2: those cars are awesome.

Yet another famous mode of transport to come out of Northern Ireland! :xp:

The new ones will inevitably pale by comparison, of course...unless they come with a flux capacitor built in. :p

First off, I wouldn't be claiming the Delorian. It looks okay, but they had MASSIVE problems. Personally if i was going to get a car from a movie, I'd go for the Sterling(also called Nova) kit car that was used in Death Race 2000.

1970sterlingkitcar.jpg

The Delorian had overheating problems. The new ones have fixed that. They had difficulty REACHING 88MPH as they were underpowered. The new ones have been seen with V8's and more commonly high output V6's. The steering was... at best... marginal.

I had an opportunity to buy an original for I think $6k a few years ago. I was somewhat underwhelmed.

The new ones will set you back about $55k(US). Which if you're keeping track of these things, would mean you could get a NEW CAMARO SS and still have enough to buy a used Delorian.

Archived