Home

Visual Enhancement 2011

Xarwarz

Most Excelent Retexture Planet or Ship  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Most Excelent Retexture Planet or Ship

Thank you for quick replay and updated files. I wasn't aware you batch dds and png files the same way. =)

Once again, your textures look fantastic in my game. Thank you!

Thanks for trying the mod

OMG! That is awesome wark Xarwarz! This is stuff is AMAZING!:thmbup1::thmbup1::thmbup1:

I ESPECIALLY liked:

Malachor

Telos

Ebon Hawk

Ravenger

PLC

Though I think Onderon could use a different colour. Just a thought.

Thanks glad you liked that many re textures Telos and Ebon Hawk were my most favorite to work on. As far as onderon goes what color do think it should be.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that your files are less large, maybe you could make one megapack (which would probably be well below 200 MB)? It would save a lot of 45s wait time!

Xarwarz, once all of your packs are complete I can make a torrent of the whole package for you (again) for folks to download. The people that want the whole thing right away might appreciate having that as an option.

Before such a package is put together, I wonder if you'll be doing a new reskin for M4-78 (the Droid Planet) this time too.

Very nice stuff you have here Xarwarz!!

I might just pull out kotor 2 and play it through again ;).

Thanks id appreciate u trying the mod

Xarwarz, once all of your packs are complete I can make a torrent of the whole package for you (again) for folks to download. The people that want the whole thing right away might appreciate having that as an option.

Before such a package is put together, I wonder if you'll be doing a new reskin for M4-78 (the Droid Planet) this time too.

Yes im still working on the droid planet i have to redraw some textures so it be a Lil while.

Ill let u know

definitely the best mod in ages :thmbup1:

found just a few bugs:

- dds is a lossy image format, so sharp color transitions look a bit blurry.

- your converter destroyed the alpha channel, some blinking lights have a black background, kotor2logo is an ugly black square in loading-screen.

so, if at all possible, i would like the tga files :D .

imho 7zip offers stronger compression than winrar.

non-RLE TGAs can be compressed down to 15% ~ 10% easily.

if you insist on using dds format, i suggest you use a converter designed for game textures. nvTools should do the trick.

on a side note: most of your textures are too clean. when i look at your footlocker, i see no dust, no marks, no fingerprints, no bruises, no scratches and a lock. it looks awesome but unbelievable.

Hi, Xarwarz.

1st nice work on the textures, but I'm not sure I like them very much.

No offence to your work and efforts, but for my taste the new textures are to artificial and the look and feel of the KotoR games is missing for me.

It feels like a familiar game with a disturbing look.

Take Peragus Mines for example, the new rock-ceiling texture:

it looks very strange and does not remind me of a rocky texture or a ceiling at all.

2nd please change the distributed files:

It’s a very bad idea to provide them in wrong aspect (upside down),

and the worse not all of them have to be rotated because the are already in the correct aspect

-> air door of Peragus for example.

Please check every texture again and provide them in the right aspect (I was very confused when I tried them the 1st time and had to check all of the on my own, I guess 20-30% are already upside down).

3rd I would like to try the 2009 version but it looks like there is no way to get it.

Your site (http://grou.ps/xedixarwarz/home) appears to be down or not available.

Sorry for my bad English, It’s not my native tongue.

I hope you’re not offended, and I respect your work and time you spend on this, but for me it won’t work. I’m free not to use them, so I guess I will not.

Thx anyway for your try to make this game look newer and/or better.

wbr

signalDown

found just a few bugs:

- your converter destroyed the alpha channel, some blinking lights have a black background, kotor2logo is an ugly black square in loading-screen.

Yup, I noticed that too, but I didn't know it was a bug... If the menu thing can be corrected, I'd just love-it!!

MY SITE IS BACK UP

definitely the best mod in ages :thmbup1:

found just a few bugs:

so, if at all possible, i would like the tga files :D .

imho 7zip offers stronger compression than winrar.

non-RLE TGAs can be compressed down to 15% ~ 10% easily.

if you insist on using dds format, i suggest you use a converter designed for game textures. nvTools should do the trick.

on a side note: most of your textures are too clean. when i look at your footlocker, i see no dust, no marks, no fingerprints, no bruises, no scratches and a lock. it looks awesome but unbelievable.

I was unaware of the issues that it causes this is the first im hearing of this. The whole thing is to make downloads faster. But i may have to just use the tga textures

Hi, Xarwarz.

1st nice work on the textures, but I'm not sure I like them very much.

No offence to your work and efforts, but for my taste the new textures are to artificial and the look and feel of the KotoR games is missing for me.

It feels like a familiar game with a disturbing look.

Take Peragus Mines for example, the new rock-ceiling texture:

it looks very strange and does not remind me of a rocky texture or a ceiling at all.

2nd please change the distributed files:

It’s a very bad idea to provide them in wrong aspect (upside down),

and the worse not all of them have to be rotated because the are already in the correct aspect

-> air door of Peragus for example.

Please check every texture again and provide them in the right aspect (I was very confused when I tried them the 1st time and had to check all of the on my own, I guess 20-30% are already upside down).

3rd I would like to try the 2009 version but it looks like there is no way to get it.

Your site (http://grou.ps/xedixarwarz/home) appears to be down or not available.

Sorry for my bad English, It’s not my native tongue.

I hope you’re not offended, and I respect your work and time you spend on this, but for me it won’t work. I’m free not to use them, so I guess I will not.

Thx anyway for your try to make this game look newer and/or better.

wbr

signalDown

Well at least u tried it its hard to please everyone.... thanks

Wow.... just wow.

This is what, 4+ in 2 years?

About time you finished this, you'd burn out soon at this rate if you haven't already.

Once I get around to reinstalling TSL I'll have to give these a shot for sure!

Gut Yob!

Actually i am burned out with tsl original planets so no i wont be remodding this ever again or kotor. However i would like to mod any new planets in the future.

Ya I found it. However, are the DECALS ON TELOS MILITARY BASE and TSL VISUAL GRAPHICS ENHANCEMENT 2011 RELEASED unavailable? I tried searching but was unable to find anything. Did he complete these? Where they ever released?

The Decals havent been released yet sorry....

MY SITE IS BACK UP

Thank you for the termendous effort you have taken to breathe new life into the game, but i am affraid, in the current state, the mod is just unusable.

I downloaded every megaupload file (your site does not work still, its up, but it downloads blank 26byte files instead of real archives), extracted them all in one directory, used the tool you suggested, vertical flipped, saved as tga into overwrite, started a new game.

The way everything looks, it must be definetly NOT how you supposed it should. Doors to the medbay and ahead are like textureless (just gray), the medbay control panel is misaligned, the medbay "consoles" (non-interactable) have displays in wierd spots, definetly misaligned, the kotor2 logo is flipped vertically and is also non-transparent, etc etc etc.

If you like, i can send you screenshots of how it looks for me, but i belive this is all because of using this format thing.

If you would provide TGA files in the way they work for your game (already vertically flipped where they need to be), i think this mod will be playable.

Thanks again for hard work, its a pity i cant enjoy it yet :(

i did a quick check on the textures. as far as i can tell only the logo is missing transparency. plants, space debris and glass have a working alpha channel.

as for the blinking lights, that seems to be model related. after removing your mod i got the old textures, and the old lights were blinking in black squares too.

wikipedia has some interesting articles about dds and dxtn.

png is the only lossless widespread picture compression i know. but when packing multiple files with similar content, your tools of choice should be 7zip or winrar, due to solid block compression.

So I downloaded the "CONSOLE COLORS 2011" archive from the external site. They're all PNG files. Are these supposed to be used, or...?

Edit: Also, sorry for the double post, but I must stress that it would be very useful if we could have a list of textures that need to be flipped and which don't. I just flipped all of them, and I'm having problems already, trying to get the Peragian doors to display correctly. That, and I have no idea whether or not anything else on Peragus is displaying correctly.

Nonetheless, very good mod; I'm liking the visuals so far.

As a pre-emptive measure, I am going to make a playthrough and report back on which packs need to be flipped and which don't.

I have confirmed that the Placeables Pack does NOT need to be flipped. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Update: Confirming that the Peragus Pack does NOT need to be flipped. However, there appears to be an issue with the standard door. Seems as if it is missing a layer of detail. Not sure what the problem is. I'm guessing a missing texture. It looks too plain. Chromatic.

Not what I'm seeing...flipping the doors on Peragus seems to make them look worse. I'll check it again, though...

EDIT: Nope. I would definitely not flip the Peragian doors.

Edit: Confirming that the Harbinger textures do NOT require flipping.

Edit2: It would appear that Telos is mixed: some textures, especially doors, are meant to be flipped, while some are not. So far, I have found that all textures in Telos DO require flipping, EXCEPT for the following:

TEL_dor01.tga

TEL_dor07.tga

TEL_dor08.tga

TEL_dor10.tga

TEL_dor11.tga

TEL_dor12.tga

Do not flip those files. I have just arrived on Citadel Station, though, so there may be other textures that are amiss in my current configuration. That, and, I confess that I have no way to know which texture other than doors might need flipping and what might not. It's difficult to say. I still recommend that Xarwarz look through these at some point if he's not already, and bring us a more comprehensive list, because, as it stands, the issue is not pack-to-pack; it's file-to-file.

So I downloaded the "CONSOLE COLORS 2011" archive from the external site. They're all PNG files. Are these supposed to be used, or...?

Sorry been busy ill check to see if i uploaded png files by mistake but they can easily be converted to tga

Also, sorry for the double post, but I must stress that it would be very useful if we could have a list of textures that need to be flipped and which don't. I just flipped all of them, and I'm having problems already, trying to get the Peragian doors to display correctly. That, and I have no idea whether or not anything else on Peragus is displaying correctly.

Nonetheless, very good mod; I'm liking the visuals so far.

As a pre-emptive measure, I am going to make a playthrough and report back on which packs need to be flipped and which don't.

I have confirmed that the Placeables Pack does NOT need to be flipped. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Update: Confirming that the Peragus Pack does NOT need to be flipped. However, there appears to be an issue with the standard door. Seems as if it is missing a layer of detail. Not sure what the problem is. I'm guessing a missing texture. It looks too plain. Chromatic.

The purpose of texture flipping is just to so the show correctly in game and not upside down. I mistakenly said textures needed to be flipped but the files were directly from my override folder so they didn't need to.

As far as the plain door i am working on a more realistic texture skin to second layer over that one

All the doors in game need to be flipped on peragus.

Yes just about all the doors need to be flipped

Hey, great job on this! Really improved my KOTOR game a ton. I finally ordered TSL; it's in the mail and I'll be playing it with these textures for sure. I was wondering though, where are the creatures/droid textures from the 2009 version? Can they still be downloaded somewhere? Have you done creatures/droids for the 2011 version? Are they included with the planet files or seperate like they are with the KOTOR mod? Anyway, thanks again and great job.

Hey, great job on this! Really improved my KOTOR game a ton. I finally ordered TSL; it's in the mail and I'll be playing it with these textures for sure. I was wondering though, where are the creatures/droid textures from the 2009 version? Can they still be downloaded somewhere? Have you done creatures/droids for the 2011 version? Are they included with the planet files or seperate like they are with the KOTOR mod? Anyway, thanks again and great job.

I am still working on the new version of droids a creature skins you can see some pics on my site

Could you release the TSL logo with working alphachanel (in .tga, preferably...)?

I'll see what i can do about that

Archived