Visual Enhancement 2011

Xarwarz

Most Excelent Retexture Planet or Ship  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Most Excelent Retexture Planet or Ship

OUTDATED

UPDATED TELOS TO VERSION 2---- 6.25.11 AND IN TGA FORMAT

CHANGED TELOS TEXTURES, RE-MADE MODULE SIGNS

Ok here we are again and the final time i'll be modding the planets. I put alot of thought into how i have done these textures. They now match with cohesiveness and style. In the past i look at my other mods that look weak compared to this one.

The files have been compressed in a DDS format this enables a faster upload for me and a faster download for you. I have left instructions inside the rar file itself on how to convert them back.

The EXTERIOR SHIP TEXTURES are NOT DONE YET the will be released as they are done and will be available at my site. Sorry if this disappointed some people but the textures are overwhelmingly difficult and frustrating i just didn't want to hold the mod up anymore and risk not releasing it.

Droid planet not done.

Additional Console Colors Available on my site.

Need Different Colors for any other PLC File let me know

FEEDBACK is critical i dont mind it at all so let me know what you think the good and the bad.

UPDATES MAY BE AVAILABLE IF I'VE CHANGED A TEXTURE CHECK OTHER LINKS AT BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE

DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW

XARMODZ--http://grou.ps/xedixarwarz/home

MEGAUPLOAD LINKS AT THE BOTTOM OF EACH PIC

DDS to TGA INSTRUCTIONS

Ok i need to clarify everything that need to be flipped was already done on my end so there is NO need to flip anything just add folders to override. As long as the textures are upside down in the override folder everything is all good.

The confusion came from me adding the read me text saying to flip the textures which is why they look messed up in game. So once again do Not flip textures after you convert them

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Files have been compressed in DDS format to make downloads faster.

FILES MUST BE CONVERTED TO TGA

To convert back to TGA google XNVIEW its a FREE file conversion program

Instructions on how to use Xnview

0. Extract texture folder

1. Download install XNVIEW

2. Start xnview click on file

3. Open the folder with the textures

4. Select all textures in folder, then right click for menu then click on

Batch Processing near bottom of menu.

5. Point directory to your kotor override folder, then change format to TGA.

6. TEXTURES NEED TO BE UPSIDE DOWN IN THE OVERRIDE FOLDER

7. Now at the bottom click the go button.

Thats it

VIDEOS

http://www.youtube.com/user/XediiXarwarz?feature=mhum

PLANETS

TELOS UPDATED 6.25.11

Show spoiler

VERSION 2---- 6.25.11

swkotor22011-06-2513-22-38-53.jpg

PART1

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T11R97AY

PART2

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F0Y7ET90

VERSION 2

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

VERSION 1

K2_00189.png

K2_00197.png

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SKZRDWZI

VERSION 1

NARSHADAA

Show spoiler
K2_00098.png

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AA9PKCND

PERAGUS

Show spoiler
K2_00194.png

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BLBOX4WG

DXUN

Show spoiler
K2_00191.png

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MYH9147B

DANTOOINE

Show spoiler
K2_00190.png

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=96Z4E45L

ONDERON

Show spoiler

KORRIBAN

Show spoiler
K2_00149.png

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VORPHZNE

MALACHORE V

Show spoiler
K2_00169.png

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LM6Q9MMW

SHIPS

EBON HAWK

Show spoiler
K2_00187.png

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0V6QLIGG

HARBINGER

Show spoiler
K2_00163.png

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X35ES9X0

RAVENGER

Show spoiler

OTHER

PLC

Show spoiler

TELOS DOOR UPDATE

Show spoiler

PERAGUS TEXTURE UPDATE

Show spoiler

OTHER PLACES OF INTEREST

TELOS MINING FACILITY

GOTOS YACHT

TELOS POLAR ACADEMY

VOTE MORE THAN ONCE ON THE BETTER LOOKING PLANETS

---------------------------------------------------

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE SUPPORTED ME FROM DAY ONE

Thanks to Fred Tetra for the k tool

Skyboxes were made by Necromancer and Hazel

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there, my new copy of TSL is arriving tomorrow an I am eager to try this out but one thing. The textures all look a bit cartoony especially Onderon. Sorry if this is the effect you aimed for in which case great but other than that, some really great work. ;D

Hi there, my new copy of TSL is arriving tomorrow an I am eager to try this out but one thing. The textures all look a bit cartoony especially Onderon. Sorry if this is the effect you aimed for in which case great but other than that, some really great work. ;D

Well pictures really dont tell how the level looks in game. I went for more of a cinematic look so when you actually play in game it will look different.

Thanks for the comment

can you possibly put a download link on here please:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/

I want to try it but cant download it from your link,

Looks great by the way, cant wait to try it

Ill try to get around to that soon

I have megaupload links at the bottom of each of the pics

brilliant, looks more immersive. I'll have to report back after I've seen them in game.

Let me know what you think

They look fantastic and I was looking forward to them since I saw previews on your website. Thank you for releasing.

One question - what to do with png files? How to change them to tga?

Companels alternate Colours, Dantooine and Telos Updated Doors files have png in them and I don't really know how to convert them.

They look fantastic and I was looking forward to them since I saw previews on your website. Thank you for releasing.

One question - what to do with png files? How to change them to tga?

Companels alternate Colours, Dantooine and Telos Updated Doors files have png in them and I don't really know how to convert them.

I have a set of instructions on how to do that called dds to tga its the same process. But ill re upload the updated doors in tga format.

The doors are now in tga format just put them in your override folder

Xarwarz, did you (or someone attached to the mod) redo the horribly low resolution skybox seen on Telos Plateau (AKA the top of the Secret Academy?) If so, any chance you could post a screen shot?

Yea i changed that awhile back most people probably skips this part anyway

Telos Plateau

Show spoiler
K2_00039.png

Well I would suggest uploading at kotorfiles because it's a nice and reliable host without too much in the way of browser hijackers and annoying quirks. Megaupload should be called megasystemassault. Xarwarx home page is a safer download site but it the files haven't been updated and aren't all available. Filefactory is a better host if you want to control file availability somewhere other than your home site.

I wouldn't suggest only having one megapack, because some of us don't have reliable connections so can't download large files in the 100meg range or more. My cut off point is about 60meg or it's likely to get hitched and timeout, using up my download limit for nothing. I always prefer small download sizes so like it when texture mods are in sections.

As for the mod itself, absolutely fantastic. I have a new playthrough going anyway after fine tuning mods and TSLRCM, so far Peragus looks really terrific.

Xarwarx, you've really captured the atmosphere, now I feel like I'm on some deserted asteroid base and it's got some of the creepiness vanilla tsl was lacking for this module.

I love the placeables too, computer terminals, lockers and containers look good mate.

One hint, I found flipping vertical was unecessary during conversion, it puts the textures upside down, for some reason when converting they wind up the right way up in override without flipping.

I'll probably need to top up my internet credit before downloading the other packs (I've got a prepaid mobile connection), but so far it looks really great.

(edit, just now I lost 20meg worth of downloading telos pack because megaupload is such a horrible file hoster, really something like filefactory is much better)

Now that your files are less large, maybe you could make one megapack (which would probably be well below 200 MB)? It would save a lot of 45s wait time!

Thats an idea ill see what i can do

Well I would suggest uploading at kotorfiles because it's a nice and reliable host without too much in the way of browser hijackers and annoying quirks. Megaupload should be called megasystemassault. Xarwarx home page is a safer download site but it the files haven't been updated and aren't all available. Filefactory is a better host if you want to control file availability somewhere other than your home site.

I wouldn't suggest only having one megapack, because some of us don't have reliable connections so can't download large files in the 100meg range or more. My cut off point is about 60meg or it's likely to get hitched and timeout, using up my download limit for nothing. I always prefer small download sizes so like it when texture mods are in sections.

As for the mod itself, absolutely fantastic. I have a new playthrough going anyway after fine tuning mods and TSLRCM, so far Peragus looks really terrific.

Xarwarx, you've really captured the atmosphere, now I feel like I'm on some deserted asteroid base and it's got some of the creepiness vanilla tsl was lacking for this module.

I love the placeables too, computer terminals, lockers and containers look good mate.

One hint, I found flipping vertical was unecessary during conversion, it puts the textures upside down, for some reason when converting they wind up the right way up in override without flipping.

I'll probably need to top up my internet credit before downloading the other packs (I've got a prepaid mobile connection), but so far it looks really great.

(edit, just now I lost 20meg worth of downloading telos pack because megaupload is such a horrible file hoster, really something like filefactory is much better)

Yea i split the files up to make it easier to upload and download.

Thanks for commenting on the level i tried to give each module its own feeling. There are different parts of the game i wont show in pictures because i like to get the feedback when its discovered. let me know what you think of the other levels

I haven't got a chance to look at them in game, but from the screenshots, I know it wasn't even what I was expecting.

Its much better than that. Namely the consoles, which I do have in both games. Not too sure about what you did with Korriban, but I still plan on seeing how the rest of it looks in game. :)

The Harbinger is okay, the resolution is nice but the colours remind me of a Klingon ship's interior rather than a Republic ship. I would've expected the classical theatre of blues and lighter colours, a sort of stark and clinical look to a Republic ship interior rather than the heavy drab greens and reds. The doors look good and are colourful, the consols are great, but the surfaces I think looked a little more like what one would expect in the vanilla version, sort of like walking around a deserted hospital which can have a creepiness all to its own, perhaps because you can imagine readily a crew of happily well adjusted people walking around doing their business...yet where are they?

I think basically, lightening up the tones, using more pastel blues and just a very conservative splash of bright colours here and there (like the doors and consols, they do look good), going for the look of a hospital rather than a submarine interior, more like Enterprise or a Nebulon-b frigate than Klingon warbird.

I have a little problem with one file, PER_EH1, what is it? Looks like some sort of internal machinery, but it isn't the Ebon Hawk exterior that it's meant to be, at least I shouldn't think so. Did the file get incorrectly named? Or maybe it is but I can't seem to get it aligned properly.

One curious thing, could you make sure about which files need to be vertically flipped and which ones don't? It seems the PLC.rar doesn't get vertically flipped. But maybe PER2011.rar does. Because so much of the textures are changed it's nearly impossible to tell when I've got each pack installed properly, except by trial and error. The Telos door update needs to be vertically flipped I think, but I don't know if the TEL2011.rar does or not.

Having to reinstall and reinstall is kind of messing up my file structures.

Awesome work Xar!

I have to say this alone makes me want to play the game again; it just adds so much replay value IMO.

In your last release, the only thing I wasn't too crazy about was the leaf texture on the Dxun waterfall, but this time around it looks great. I can now see where you were trying to go with that. And the Ebon Hawk, wow! Great job here, will definitely get a download from me :thmbup1:

I haven't got a chance to look at them in game, but from the screenshots, I know it wasn't even what I was expecting.

Its much better than that. Namely the consoles, which I do have in both games. Not too sure about what you did with Korriban, but I still plan on seeing how the rest of it looks in game. :)

Thanks for the input the consoles definitely adds a new atmosphere

The Harbinger is okay, the resolution is nice but the colours remind me of a Klingon ship's interior rather than a Republic ship. I would've expected the classical theatre of blues and lighter colours, a sort of stark and clinical look to a Republic ship interior rather than the heavy drab greens and reds. The doors look good and are colourful, the consols are great, but the surfaces I think looked a little more like what one would expect in the vanilla version, sort of like walking around a deserted hospital which can have a creepiness all to its own, perhaps because you can imagine readily a crew of happily well adjusted people walking around doing their business...yet where are they?

I think basically, lightening up the tones, using more pastel blues and just a very conservative splash of bright colours here and there (like the doors and consols, they do look good), going for the look of a hospital rather than a submarine interior, more like Enterprise or a Nebulon-b frigate than Klingon warbird.

I have a little problem with one file, PER_EH1, what is it? Looks like some sort of internal machinery, but it isn't the Ebon Hawk exterior that it's meant to be, at least I shouldn't think so. Did the file get incorrectly named? Or maybe it is but I can't seem to get it aligned properly.

One curious thing, could you make sure about which files need to be vertically flipped and which ones don't? It seems the PLC.rar doesn't get vertically flipped. But maybe PER2011.rar does. Because so much of the textures are changed it's nearly impossible to tell when I've got each pack installed properly, except by trial and error. The Telos door update needs to be vertically flipped I think, but I don't know if the TEL2011.rar does or not.

Having to reinstall and reinstall is kind of messing up my file structures.

Harbinger has low lighting resolution which shows some kind of static on the textures thats kinda why i whent dark green. Thanks for the input there....

I just change the instructions a bit to state TEXTURES MUST BE UPSIDE DOWN IN OVERRIDE FOLDER. Sorry should have made it clear the first time so its not necessary to flip textures unless they need to.

Ebon hawk skin was my personal use i just left it in there u can delete it PER EH1

Awesome work Xar!

I have to say this alone makes me want to play the game again; it just adds so much replay value IMO.

In your last release, the only thing I wasn't too crazy about was the leaf texture on the Dxun waterfall, but this time around it looks great. I can now see where you were trying to go with that. And the Ebon Hawk, wow! Great job here, will definitely get a download from me :thmbup1:

Hey thanks i wanted to add replay value and a standard choice for graphics.... As far as dxun the last mod the leaves were supposed to be wet. This time i just naturalized it and added shadow to give it a more realistic jungle feel

Telos looks great so far (I'm at the station), I think this is definitely going to be a "must have" mod

I had a little trouble with the cantina doors misaligning (TEL_dor10 & 11) but for some very strange reason they came good when I flipped them, reloaded, then flipped them back. Weird.

so far it looks like only the PLC.rar didn't need flipping, the TEL, HAR and PER packs turns out needed flipping to look right

I like the Ebon Hawk, it seems much newer and almost too nice but it probably just takes some getting used to. I couldn't help thinking if the colour schemes and look of the Ebon Hawk and Harbinger interiors were swapped that would look right, ex-crime lord's smuggling ship of alien manufacture versus shiny spanking new republic cruiser. But it's still great to see the detail and interesting to have new cosmetics to look at, breathes life into tsl.

Telos looks great so far (I'm at the station), I think this is definitely going to be a "must have" mod

I had a little trouble with the cantina doors misaligning (TEL_dor10 & 11) but for some very strange reason they came good when I flipped them, reloaded, then flipped them back. Weird.

so far it looks like only the PLC.rar didn't need flipping, the TEL, HAR and PER packs turns out needed flipping to look right

I like the Ebon Hawk, it seems much newer and almost too nice but it probably just takes some getting used to. I couldn't help thinking if the colour schemes and look of the Ebon Hawk and Harbinger interiors were swapped that would look right, ex-crime lord's smuggling ship of alien manufacture versus shiny spanking new republic cruiser. But it's still great to see the detail and interesting to have new cosmetics to look at, breathes life into tsl.

Havent had that problems with the doors at all i just checked again.

Th ebon hawk lighting allowed for that type of look i provided. Harbinger is too dark

Please qualify what has to be flipped...

In order for the textures to show correctly in the game. The textures must be upside down in the override folder. So what ever texture is right side up needs to be upside down

...The doors are now in tga format just put them in your override folder

Thank you for quick replay and updated files. I wasn't aware you batch dds and png files the same way. =)

Once again, your textures look fantastic in my game. Thank you!

Archived