Home

Visual Enhancement 2011

Xarwarz

Most Excelent Retexture Planet or Ship  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Most Excelent Retexture Planet or Ship

I love what you are doing it looks very cool. With this, the music mod and ARCAGE I am planning on having a very nice play-through :)

I am still working on the new version of droids a creature skins you can see some pics on my site

After you have finished everything (creatures and droids) are you doing skins for other stuff like NPCs, armor, weapons?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice kath hound skin (on the website)! How would you feel about enhancing Hanharr's?

Thanks its about as realistic as i could make it....I will be doing all creatures

I love what you are doing it looks very cool. With this, the music mod and ARCAGE I am planning on having a very nice play-through :)

After you have finished everything (creatures and droids) are you doing skins for other stuff like NPCs, armor, weapons?

Maybe but these upcoming mods will be available next year

Can you please either upload these in tga form or make it clear what exactly needs to be flipped? Your screenshots look great, but I simply don't have the time to test all the files to get them to look correct.

Nothing needs to be flipped the files were directly from my override folder so they were already flipped. if a texture is displaying incorrect that means its either or it may or may not need to be flipped they are a few like that in the game. If you have any issues give a screen shot of it so i can better help

Oh, not everything needs to be flipped? I put in the narshadaa skins and flipped everything and it didn't look nice. I'll just convert them without flipping the next time; but do any of them NEED to be flipped?

Ill check my override folder but it less than 5 percent that may need to be flipped.

You should flip all the ones that need to be flipped and re-upload.

Yes, that seems to be the logical thing to do.

@Xarwarz, my offer to upload the whole package (once you finish your work on M4-78) as a torrent at Demonoid still stands. Let me know once you have everything ready and the flipping issue is dealt with, and I'll start the uploading process.

Ok i need to clarify everything that need to be flipped was already done on my end so there is NO need to flip anything just add folders to override. As long as the textures are upside down in the override folder everything is all good.

The confusion came from me adding the read me text saying to flip the textures which is why they look messed up in game. So once again do Not flip textures after you convert them

@Xarwarz, my offer to upload the whole package (once you finish your work on M4-78) as a torrent at Demonoid still stands. Let me know once you have everything ready and the flipping issue is dealt with, and I'll start the uploading process.

No prob sith h im finishing up the planet soon but cant release until i complete the droid reskins. The tank droid sucks its like a shuttle skin lots of parts

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Xarwarz for your work on these excellent textures! :cheers:

A question, you seem to have modified the Loading Screens and it's been a long time since I played TSL, but shouldn't there be pictures of the different areas in the loading screens? E.g. if I am on Dantooine shouldn't the Loading Screens have Dantooine pictures during level transitions? Mine don't any more.

Edit:Turns out it was just the Prologue on the Ebon Hawk which was showing no Loading Screen pictures during level transitions, once on Peragus they started showing.

Thanks for any tips. :)

Thanks Xarwarz for your work on these excellent textures! :cheers:

A question, you seem to have modified the Loading Screens and it's been a long time since I played TSL, but shouldn't there be pictures of the different areas in the loading screens? E.g. if I am on Dantooine shouldn't the Loading Screens have Dantooine pictures during level transitions? Mine don't any more.

Edit:Turns out it was just the Prologue on the Ebon Hawk which was showing no Loading Screen pictures during level transitions, once on Peragus they started showing.

Thanks for any tips. :)

Well thanks for tying the mod ill be making minor improvements to it over the year. Any other questions or issues let me know

• 5 weeks later...
In the Telos file, there seems to be some strange files. You should get files with this prefix: "TEL_". There are some that have this prefix instead: "TMP_". Are these files duplicatas that may be erased or files that are part of your intended textures.

You can erase those files with no problem

Xarwarz, you made an excellent job with these textures. Just amazing.

And they are bringing that "flair" to the game, which, I think was originally intended -

but, i`ve searched the whole internet ( and your site ) for the gui ( levelup -icon etc. )

and the clothing textures ( like in the Telos-clip ) and cant find anything for download.

Plz heeelllp;)

Xarwarz, you made an excellent job with these textures. Just amazing.

And they are bringing that "flair" to the game, which, I think was originally intended -

but, i`ve searched the whole internet ( and your site ) for the gui ( levelup -icon etc. )

and the clothing textures ( like in the Telos-clip ) and cant find anything for download.

Plz heeelllp;)

I haven't released a gui mod...clothes your refering to the cartoon look i havent released that yet didn't know if anyone wanted

I haven't released a gui mod...clothes your refering to the cartoon look i havent released that yet didn't know if anyone wanted

Don't get me wrong, your mod is unbelievable - but it would be a great addition if you make/release a gui ( like in the Telos-vid ) for it ( and maybe retexture armors/weapons )

- I'm ABSOLUTELY sure many players would appreciate that!!

• 3 months later...

Hello!

First of all, thank you for your effort! It was quite a hassle downloading every single file and then converting them all, but it was really worth it! TSL looks like a much newer game now, very nice!

However, transparency doesn't seem to work. Some have already mentioned the logo. But for me, also other textures with transparency are NOT transparent, like tree branches in Telos. Any idea why this is so and what I could do about it? I did everything according to your manual with Xnview (no flipping).

Hello!

First of all, thank you for your effort! It was quite a hassle downloading every single file and then converting them all, but it was really worth it! TSL looks like a much newer game now, very nice!

However, transparency doesn't seem to work. Some have already mentioned the logo. But for me, also other textures with transparency are NOT transparent, like tree branches in Telos. Any idea why this is so and what I could do about it? I did everything according to your manual with Xnview (no flipping).

I have had some issues with transparency with this game. i suppose if it the game had post process might solve the issue but ill look into it

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Anything I may have done wrong during conversion? Or any in-game settings? Or other mods (I installed quite a few others, but none that use the same files)?

It does seem to work for the others, after all.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't tried the new version of Telos as I only recently installed the PC version of TSL. I loved the Visual Enhancement textures for the first game and wanted to try them out in TSL. So far I really like them, but I've only gotten as far as Citadel Station and am also noticing transparency problems. A little research told me XnView can have problems with alphas and retaining transparencies, or the picture editing program you're using may not be properly applying transparencies? I don't know, but the burn marks in the Paragus mining tunnels are on big white squares, the asteroids are floating in a white square, and the leaves on the trees on Citadel Station are also attached to big white squares :p

Beautiful textures all in all, though, definitely an improvement. Even with the transparency issues it's still a step up from original, especially when you've played the xbox version to death over the last several years. Thanks for the awesome textures. :)

[Edit] Wound up going through the textures and re-exporting all the ones with any noticeable transparency with GIMP. Works like a charm, but I noticed the grass (on Telos at least) is too long. Looks like the texture map is wrong up and the grass gets chopped off in-game.

I agree, these are excellent textures that breath new life into TSL. Very well done. However I can confirm that by your described method of conversion using xnview ALL the alpha channels get dropped. It is easy to check this with xnview itself. Your DDS original texture of dantooine tree leaves has an alpha channel. The same converted tga file has a solid white block around the leaves. So unfortunately your method doesn't work and something needs to be done. Making the tgas available is probably the easiest solution to that problem.

[Edit]After fiddling around, I sadly come to the conclusion that this mod is unusable for me. Tried a few other converters but without much luck, something is always of. A shame, I hope you release a complete tga version some time soon. I would really love to use this!

Archived