Home

[TSL] New Planet: Cathalan

Jaevyn

Cool the Sharrakan looks like a zombie is it supposed too?

My aim was to make him look less like a zombie and more like a guy who has cracked skin as a result of hard living conditions. The Sharrakan represent humanity without the civility and society. In other words, they represent the unkempt true human nature that lies beneath the expectations we make on others.

I've really have quickened up the making of the mod in the last few days, and it has paid off big time for me! I have now completed the Eastern Dark Lands, and am now moving on to the Western Dark Lands.

HIGH LEVELS

451CAT – Keralt High Level – DONE

MIDDLE LEVELS

452CAT – Keralt Middle Level – DONE

453CAT – Entertainment Complex – DONE

LOWER LEVELS

454CAT – Keralt Lower Level – DONE

455CAT – Wyvern Dragon's Base – DONE

456CAT – Cathalan Warrior's Base – DONE

DARK LANDS

457CAT – Eastern Dark Lands - DONE

459CAT – Western Dark Lands - DONE

460CAT – The Crypts - STARTED

461CAT – The Outsiders Hideout - STARTED

OTHER “UNDEFINED” AREAS

458CAT – Mattersan District

462CAT – Sector Fifty-One

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought I'd mention that now the end seems truly within sight for the first time. Therefore I'm penning down a speculative release date (might be modified) for mid-May. The only two areas I have not yet touched are the Mattersan District and Sector 51, nonetheless I will shortly be looking at bringing them into existence.

In celebration of my 23rd birthday today, I am updating information on the mod. I have now almost completed the Dark Lands, with only the Crypts remaining incomplete at this point.

Here are two new images of the Dark Lands:

wQJLa.png

The feeling I wanted to get here was not only a very earthy feel, but also a dark dusty one that does not get a lot of light. I used dynamic colours and fog to attain this effect.

J7o5Y.png

Even the buildings did not stay the same. Here is a progress report:

HIGH LEVELS

MIDDLE LEVELS

LOWER LEVELS

DARK LANDS

460CAT – The Crypts - STARTED

461CAT – The Outsiders Hideout - DONE

OTHER “UNDEFINED” AREAS

458CAT – Mattersan District

462CAT – Sector Fifty-One

Good suggestions, thanks for the input guys. I have some relatives who live over in Sydney who have photos of the last time the city was enveloped by a dust storm. I'll use those photos to construct a better skyline.

• 3 weeks later...

I've taken a five day break (or so) from working on the Cathalan mod. Now, I'm getting right back into it by reskinning and modifying the pre-used area. I don't have any new screenshots or updates for you, but I do have a storyline reveal:

THE CRYPTS:

This area is named this way due to the conflict of the societal schism between the miners and the aristocracy. In one particular event, an unknown assassin killed many of the mining leaders who had met to discuss plans for general action against the corrupt aristocratic overseers. Rather than breaking down the social uprising as the aristocrats had hoped; the assassination united labour workers against the upper establishments, deepening the conflict into a full blown civil war. Since then, the area has been nicknamed "The Crypts" due to the bloodshed that occurred there, as well as being a catalyst for further conflict with continues to this day.

More coming soon...

• 2 weeks later...

The past couple of days have seen some major development on my mod. Let me share the new and exciting news with you guys. The Crypts have now been fully modded and completed to my satisfaction, and secondly the storyline has been tweaked a little for realism purposes. Here are two images below:

Vqygu.png

HiP7P.png

Thirdly, as per your suggestions the Dark Lands now have a new skybox:

JelAl.png

That means that only two areas remain to be created, and I'm well on the way to creating one of the areas (the Mattersan District).

Enjoy!

Looking good, can you tell us what was tweaked with the story or are you gonna make us wait till you realease?

You'll have to wait until the release. If I told you the storyline changes, it would spoil your experience of the planet, especially considering the tweaks are all to do with the important parts of it.

I think that is how his computer takes screenshots.

LOVE the skybox. Looks pretty cool.

Cheers for that. Yes, it is how my computer behaves when taking screenshots. The characters aren't nearly that "orange" in the real thing, trust me.

• 2 weeks later...

More updates! ONLY ONE AREA REMAINING. I've been working furiously on the mod over the past two days and boy have I got results for you! Now the Mattersan District has been completely done, with a customised skin and story to boot. Here are some images of the area:

SyEBr.png

Hy0YV.png

YPCW9.png

Now for a progress report:

HIGH LEVELS

MIDDLE LEVELS

LOWER LEVELS

DARK LANDS

460CAT – The Crypts - DONE

461CAT – The Outsiders Hideout - DONE

OTHER “UNDEFINED” AREAS

458CAT – Mattersan District - DONE

462CAT – Sector Fifty-One - NOT YET STARTED

Now what does this all mean? before I release it to the general public I'll have people testing the mod for consistency and gameplay, to make sure that everything flows. Additionally, there remain voice overs that have not been completed, or even attempted yet, so I'll be getting onto them before I continue onto the last area. However, with only one area yet to be completed, the release of the mod is coming soon.

Archived