Home

Revan's Lightsaber

ArmyAJ

I made my own model of Revan's Lightsaber based on the actual models I found on the internet of what it should look like. The thing is that I can model ok but I'm not good at UV Mapping, I get confused and can't seem to make it simple for texturising. So basically I'm asking for a favor if someone can do it for me, obviously they would get all the credit for doing it when I release it. Please PM me if you can help. Thanks...

A picture of the actual model I used to create the 3d model:

Revan_saber.jpg

The 3D model I created, hope everyone likes it:

my_revansaber_model.jpg

No it's not my first, but thank you though I appreciate that. I agree with you on the textured part which is why I need someone to help me with the UV Mapping and make it nice and simple to texture. I can do the texture myself which I will do just need a hand on the mapping and they will be credited for that when it's released.

The poly count is 2666, not too excesive I've seen custom hilts for this game with higher counts. Hey would you be able to send me a copy of you hilt release I would love to check out the model and see how you mapped and textured it, if it's ok with you, I will give you my e-mail address so you can send it unless you have it posted somewhere for download.

Never-mind everyone I did it and finished. It took a while but it came out very good, amazingly surprised actually. As soon as I take some screenshots and renders I'll post them and you guys can tell me what you all think. I'll post it for download in a zip also if you think it's release worthy or just if anyone wants it.

Here the small menu icon pictures for a tiny quick peek:

Jedi_Revan_Saber.jpgDarth_Revan_Saber.jpg

I have 5 in-game screenshots here for you guys to see. I want to post some decent res renders, but unfortunately GMax does not have a renderer. Maybe I'll grab a copy of 3DS Max to make some nice renders of the model so you all can get a good look at it.

rsaberss1.jpg

rsaberss2.jpg

rsaberss3.jpg

rsaberss4.jpg

rsaberss5.jpg

Not using CM_Baremetal as the enviro, didn't look right, so went with chrome1. It looked the best in my opinion and in-game as you move around works great. So still never got a good poll to see if I should release this or not. Answer away people and be completely honest please. :thmbup1:

Not using CM_Baremetal as the enviro, didn't look right, so went with chrome1. It looked the best in my opinion and in-game as you move around works great. So still never got a good poll to see if I should release this or not. Answer away people and be completely honest please. :thmbup1:

Looks great to me; I think you should release it. :thmbup1:

Archived