Home

ObamaCare congresswoman sleeps with fishes; news at 11

jrrtoken

The saddest thing is that there was a 9 year old girl that is now died.

If it wasn't for the serious nature of this thread and of the subject manner, I would be making fun of that sentence :(.

Yet again the innocent must suffer because of some crazy person and again it raises the point why have gun laws not been amended (being an Englishman I fail to comprehend the need for such weapons.)

All guns do is spread a one-upmanship contest e.g. the police have guns to protect us, we need guns to protect us, people have guns to protect them we need better guns to rob them etcetera.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All guns do is spread a one-upmanship contest e.g. the police have guns to protect us, we need guns to protect us, people have guns to protect them we need better guns to rob them etcetera.

Actually, the person who tackled the gunman was armed. He happened to be a responsible gun owner. He realized that it was not necessary to shoot as the man was essentially disarmed at the time(Jarred was reloading and the clip was knocked from his hand).

As for the little girl, THAT is the saddest thing from this whole incident. To make matters worse, the church from Kansas is planning on disrupting her funeral on Thursday.

Yet again the innocent must suffer because of some crazy person and again it raises the point why have gun laws not been amended (being an Englishman I fail to comprehend the need for such weapons.)[/Quote] We need guns to protect ourselves. Had everyone in attendance had a gun then the crazy person may have only gotten off one shot.

Of course there may have been more dead than 6 too

That may be one of the most disturbing things I have ever read. If there ever was a doubt in my mind that wbc was a church and not a hate group it is gone.

I see things like wbc and it make me almost lose all hope in mankind, but then I remember people like Bill Badgers, Joe Zamudio, Patricia Maisch, and Daniel Hernadez Jr and I have some hope.

Very little, but some...

Edit: Well it is settled, Mr. Oxycodone himself just admitted the influence that caused the Arizona shooting was music. So glad that is settled (at least it wasn't games).

Edit: Well it is settled, Mr. Oxycodone himself just admitted the influence that caused the Arizona shooting was music. So glad that is settled (at least it wasn't games).

WHAT?!?! It wasn't the Liberal Mainstream Drive-By Media's fault?

Sheesh. Here I am saying that the shooting was not motivated by Right/Left ideologies.

Wellllll... Guess we need the musicians to all watch their lyrics.

Wait... Ya know he's gonna have a hard time. I know quite a few musicians who actually listen to his program. Though... Admittedly, a lot of music is just as anti-government(or more so) than even the talking heads when their party isn't in power. It holds just as much water as blaming it on the Tea Party/Biased Liberal Media™

^So, what's it like on the other side? Also, where's a good club when you need one? :xp:

Given what's coming out about this kid so far, he's more likely to have influences from the left than right. However, the overriding point is that a lot of people listen to stuff on both sides of the spectrum and all in between and still don't kill anyone. Kid was nuts and had a grudge against Giffords. Till I hear differently, that's what I'm running with on this.

Rush has a point, I committed suicide in the 1980’s due to Queen’s Don’t try Suicide and Ozzy’s Suicide Solution….. I got better.

I'm just sayin that it makes just as much sense to blame the music he listens to as it does to blame the talking heads he may or may not have listened to. Actually it makes MORE sense to blame it as we are talking about a NUTJOB whom may or may not have even listened to the so called hate speech people in this thread have blamed. I mean this guy volunteered for Giffords at one time. Does it really make sense to say he listened to any of the stuff the Tea Party said? Or does it make sense that he would listen to music with anarchist/anti-government lyrics?

OR We could chalk it down as "Laughner was a very disturbed individual who did a horrible thing." That's what I'm sticking with.

I'm just sayin that it makes just as much sense to blame the music he listens to as it does to blame the talking heads he may or may not have listened to.
Just seems a little hypocritical to me. Mr. Illegal Drugs gets upset when people blame him with little or no evidence, but he has no problem with blaming someone else with little or no evidence. However, I guess that is why people listen to Rush, to hear a self-absorbed blowhole make up stuff, take things completely out of context or present no evidence at all.

Just seems a little hypocritical to me. Mr. Illegal Drugs gets upset when people blame him with little or no evidence, but he has no problem with blaming someone else with little or no evidence. However, I guess that is why people listen to Rush, to hear a self-absorbed blowhole make up stuff, take things completely out of context or present no evidence at all.

You're telling me that an ardent anti-drug abuse, habitual drug user, might be hypocritical? Gosh, call the evening news and schedule a press conference. A hypocrite might be hypocritical. This has to be a first.

Sorry... Since I didn't listen to him, I can't say for sure, but Dave(another musician friend of mine) said it was said in the context of a joke. As in "Why not blame the music he listened to? It makes more sense."

And actually the arguments presented by people here as to how the Tea Party could have influenced him could easily be turned into "Violent video games" or "Heavy Metal" in place of Tea Party. Punk rock in particular, has always been known to be anti-government. Rap, Metal, Punk, heck even some country songs, have lyrics that go far beyond anything the Tea Party said. But the same people who would defend games were quite willing to blame the Tea Party for maybe possibly unintentionally motivating this guy to do this.

As for the rhetoric, yeah, it's better suited for an elementary school yard, but it's nothing new.

The irony of the following is that as this putz makes this statement now, where was he back in '08 during the elction? It's not as if we've never had an assassination attempt prior to this or as if it's only been since the elction of one man...Obama...that things have gotten heated.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/01/11/sen_leahy_seething_rhetoric_has_gone_too_far.html

@TC/mim: I also heard the comments and agree w/TC's friend, it was posted as much as a hypothetical and joke. It's interesting, though, that libs and like minded (from Dupnik to Olberman to Matthews et al) only wish to excoriate "right-wingers" when this kind of tradgedy takes place, but will swear up and down that the mixed messages of pop culture have absolutely negligible influence on anything. Afterall, everyone knows that's only entertainment (except maybe the crazies :devsmoke: ). :rolleyes:

I agree it was a joke the first 20 seconds... Then it typical Rush fashion, it became fact and his evidence was it was mentioned on the radio. The same way he gets most of his evidence. Mention it in jest (for deniability purposes), but then treat it as fact.

I have to give credit to the Arizona Legislator they pass bills faster than anyone I’ve seen. SB 1101 passed their Senate and has already been signed by the governor. It will keep wbc “300 feet away from the property line of a residence, cemetery, funeral home, church or synagogue within one hour before or one hour after a funeral or burial service. “ Don’t really know about the constitutionality of the bill, nor do I really care.

Just as a point here, IF we look at talking heads in the media as a culprit, we have to look at music as well. I mean I love Drowning Pool's Bodies, but the lyrics are(wow.. didn't realize how um... uncreative the lyrics were)

Let the bodies hit the floor

Beaten why for

Can't take much more

Here we go...Here we go...Here we go

One - Nothing wrong with me

Two - Nothing wrong with me

Three - Nothing wrong with me

Four - Nothing wrong with me

One - Something's got to give

Two - Something's got to give

Three - Something's got to give

Now

Push me again

This is the end

Here we go...Here we go...Here we go

Now

Skin against skin blood and bone

You're all by yourself but you're not alone

You wanted in now you're here

Driven by hate consumed by fear

Now

You can say that no sane person would get a killing message out of it, but then as we know the man was not stable. So if we are to say that there should be more civility on the airwaves in the event some crazy might act out on them, then we have a lot more cleaning up than just talk radio. And that would mean my favorite music stations would be virtually decimated. Then we have video games... KotOR without any dark side options? FPS gone? Sure no video game would turn a sane person crazy(except MAYBE Bloodlines Malkavian option :D), but we're talking about removing possible influences for crazy people here.

I heard on the radio this morning that there may be a reason Dupnik is so adamant about blaming talking heads. Apparently Jared had allegedly had numerous run ins with the Pima County Sheriffs, who told people he was under supervised care.

*unconfirmed source*

but we're talking about removing possible influences for crazy people here.
I'm not, because there is no way to know what may influence a mentally unstable person to violence. Nor am I pretending to know what influences Jared Loughner had or how those influences effected his decision to murder.

The one thing I will point out… I fail to see where Drowning Pool’s lyrics is actual actively giving anyone a target, nor do I see where, at least games I’ve played, are giving people targets. Again, I don’t know if any political talking heads gave Loughner the target, but their political rhetoric could provide targets.

It is my belief that he had his target a long time before the talking heads said anything. I mean he volunteered FOR Giffords. Honestly any political ad could be used by someone unstable. Comedians jokes about shooting Rumsfeld could have led to the same thing. A sociopath can find targets anywhere. Ministry's song NWO(which used clips from Bush sr) could easily give people targets. NoFx, specifically targets Republicans. How about Green Day. What about all the pundit comedians who go after specific Republicans. How about the number of times Rush Limbaugh has been the target. How about Barack Obama specifically calling Republicans "the enemy" in his speeches to a Hispanic group. I mean if we're talking removing sources of possible targets, there's a whole lot of other media that needs to be cleaned up too.

And Drowning Pool I was using as just one example. I mean it could have been Megadeth, or any number of violence favoring songs. Heck it could have been "I'll be watching you" for all we know...

:rolleyes: Really have no clue what you are talking about... I wasn't pointing out one political party over the other… “Political talking heads” could mean either party. If I wanted to point out only republicans I would have written republican talking heads.

And forgive me if I do not take your beliefs word for it, especially considering the political talking heads have been around a long time or perhaps you forgot Clinton is going to destroy this nation or Bush is going to destroy this nation rhetoric?

:rolleyes: Really have no clue what you are talking about... I wasn't pointing out one political party over the other… “Political talking heads” could mean either party. If I wanted to point out only republicans I would have written republican talking heads.

And forgive me if I do not take your beliefs word for it, especially considering the political talking heads have been around a long time or perhaps you forgot Clinton is going to destroy this nation or Bush is going to destroy this nation rhetoric?

As for not taking "my beliefs" as anything more, GOOD. It's just my belief and nothing more. Had I said, "He had his target before the talking heads named her" I'd be expected to provide proof. Since there is none, all I have is belief. NOW if I said, "He was generally anti-government but not necessarily following right wing ideology" and provided the ADL's link to his profile(found here and here) then I would expect it to be read as more of an informed statement...

Interestingly enough, I see a lot of mention about the "Above Top Secret" web site. THAT'S IT!!! IT'S THE INTARWEBZ!!!

But seriously, what I was getting at was that focusing on the talking heads as the source for his anti-government stance, is counterproductive. She may have been a target simply because of proximity.

Mention it in jest (for deniability purposes), but then treat it as fact.

Yeah, the ole "half-in-jest, all in ernest" deal. Much of what passes for modern political humor is drenched in that idea. So, just how much time do you spend listening to Rush on the radio anyway?:xp: Almost reminds of me of the line in Private Parts where the guy tells the exec that the people who didn't like Stern were listening to him 2x as long as the ones that did....to see what he'd say next.

Archived