Home

ObamaCare congresswoman sleeps with fishes; news at 11

jrrtoken

So, just how much time do you spend listening to Rush on the radio anyway?:xp:
I’m don’t religiously listen to anything, but if I’m out during the day and there is nothing on Rome I turn it over to Rush. Same after work, I listen to sports radio, or the ipod, but if nothing better is on I will turn it over to Savage. Both have some interesting topic and gives you something to think about/research, but I would not want to go precisely by their interpretation of events. I also watch FalseNews more than any other “so-called” news agency. Again, I'm still doing a little research before believing a word they say.

A shot for every time he mentions the Liberal Media.
We could have done that in Kavars not so long ago… ah the good ole days and the dearly departed.:cry8:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if I did not want to hear opinions that differ from my own, I would not be hanging around here either. It is only idiotic to listen if you get your information from that one source without scrutinize that information for yourself. Often hear that 1,000,000 people can’t be wrong, but in truth they can be if they are all getting their information from one source.

lol how long ago was that?

01-02 somewhere abouts... Things get fuzzy during my heavy drinkin years.

@Working Class Hero: Funny. I usually tend to get more than one opinion, and contrast it with my own research. If you only get your information from one source or one slant, you miss a good portion of the information.

I mean if nothing else it's a good way to know what your conservative friends might have in store for you so you can be prepared with a rebuttal.

Funny. I usually tend to get more than one opinion, and contrast it with my own research. If you only get your information from one source or one slant, you miss a good portion of the information.

I mean if nothing else it's a good way to know what your conservative friends might have in store for you so you can be prepared with a rebuttal.

No, thank you. I prefer to get my information from only one side: the intelligent one.

If you want to listen to racist, mentally impotent rednecks in pursuit of your concept of "balanced coverage", please, be my guest.

No, thank you. I prefer to get my information from only one side: the intelligent one.

You sir have convinced me that the most unbiased people are the ones who are one-sided.

If you want to listen to racist, mentally impotent rednecks in pursuit of your concept of "balanced coverage", please, be my guest.

Effing righteous brah! Take it to the man! Don't let the little things like ad hominems, poisoning the well, straw man, moving the goal posts, arrogance, pot kettle black, false equivocation, antics with semantics, false dilemma, slippery slope, or ad populum stop you. KILL WHITEY!

You sir have convinced me that the most unbiased people are the ones who are one-sided.

I was never talking about unbiasedness. I intended to equate liberalism with intelligence, rush and savage with stupidity.

Effing righteous brah! Take it to the man! Don't let the little things like ad hominems, poisoning the well, straw man, moving the goal posts, arrogance, pot kettle black, false equivocation, antics with semantics, false dilemma, slippery slope, or ad populum stop you. KILL WHITEY!

:rolleyes:

I'm glad to know you can google logical fallacy lists.

I was never talking about unbiasedness. I intended to equate liberalism with intelligence, rush and savage with stupidity.

Used to think that. I thought it meant of liberty and open mindedness.

Then I met someone who claimed as such but were all about censorship and could only cite what they disagreed with. Also this person hung with other people who listened to what he preached endlessly about how the 2nd amendment is outdated, and somesuch blather that "if someone pulled a gun on me I'd do the passivised thing and surrender", and yet ironically that was the first person to go on a power trip when put in charge of a construction project and get physical when things didn't go his way.

I also see the left is doing the same thing. Often more and more. Just to get back at anyone.

I'm glad to know you can google logical fallacy lists.

I didn't Google it, I mushware'd it. You know, that human hardware stuff between your ears.

There is nothing to be gained from watching FoxNews. There gets to be a point when a source goes so far overboard with lies, and over politicizing everything that you need to stop figuring what they have to say into your opinions. If you're going to pay Fox any attention than you might as well start listening to Voice of Korea too.

Sarah Palin started off the day by comparing being called out on her rhetoric to the historical plight of European Jews.

Limbo.gif

HOW LOW CAN YOU GO? HOW LOW CAN YOU GO?

Sam....you are aware than no less than a Harvard educated uberlib like Alan Dershowitz has defended her use of the "blood libel" phrase. I think it's hilarious that a bunch of "balanced, intelligent and rational" uber lib yahoos have gone out of their way to attack Palin and then have the audacity to accuse her of making this about her. Not really sure who WCH thinks is so "intelligent", but it isn't any of Fox's competitors either (tv or print). :devsmoke:

Sam....you are aware than no less than a Harvard educated uberlib like Alan Dershowitz has defended her use of the "blood libel" phrase. I think it's hilarious that a bunch of "balanced, intelligent and rational" uber lib yahoos have gone out of their way to attack Palin and then have the audacity to accuse her of making this about her. Not really sure who WCH thinks is so "intelligent", but it isn't any of Fox's competitors either (tv or print). :devsmoke:

Let's step back from ranting about LIBERALS for a moment, and consider how inappropriate comparing her problems to the historic suffering of an entire race is, while she counts all the money she's raking in from retarded people.

I you think that any other mainstream media source in this country doesn't have better journalistic standards than Fox (HLN has better standards for Christ sake), you really are deluded.

Used to think that. I thought it meant of liberty and open mindedness.

Then I met someone who claimed as such but were all about censorship and could only cite what they disagreed with. Also this person hung with other people who listened to what he preached endlessly about how the 2nd amendment is outdated, and somesuch blather that "if someone pulled a gun on me I'd do the passivised thing and surrender", and yet ironically that was the first person to go on a power trip when put in charge of a construction project and get physical when things didn't go his way.

I'm sorry that you had this experience, but it seems to me to just be an individual case of a hypocrite. Like I said earlier in this thread, some people are just BAD DUDES. (there mimiartin, you don't have to censor me :xp:)

It's sort of like saying: "I don't want to listen to <whatever band> because this guy I hate loves them."

I also see the left is doing the same thing. Often more and more. Just to get back at anyone.

Are you speaking about the media? If so, I suppose you're correct. Liberal news organizations do spend too much time sniping at Fox News that could be replaced with actual news coverage.

If we're talking about actual humanity, then I completely disagree. In my experience, I'd rather spend time/work with liberals than with conservatives. They're just more reasonable and more intelligent people.

I think it's hilarious that a bunch of "balanced, intelligent and rational" uber lib yahoos have gone out of their way to attack Palin and then have the audacity to accuse her of making this about her.

If ANYBODY equates themselves to European Jews, they deserve all the accusations and ridicule humanity can generate.

Not really sure who WCH thinks is so "intelligent", but it isn't any of Fox's competitors either (tv or print)

If you want specifics, I've found the Huffington Post and the BBC to be the best news organizations in terms of covering reality.

I didn't Google it, I mushware'd it. You know, that human hardware stuff between your ears.
I'm going to google what this means. :xp:

If ANYBODY equates themselves to European Jews, they deserve all the accusations and ridicule humanity can generate.

Well, that settles it, holocaust should now be offically retired and or reserved for exclusively one usuage as well by that rationale. :rolleyes: Afterall, if Dershowitz has no problem.......

If you want specifics, I've found the Huffington Post and the BBC to be the best news organizations in terms of covering reality.

That you can include the huffpo as credible is very amusing.

If you want to call people 'deluded' and 'irrational' go to the Senate where that kind of rude behavior is tolerated. It is not tolerated here. We value civil discussion to share ideas and opinions here so we can learn from each other. We do not value pounding people into the ground with ad hominems to 'win our arguments at any cost, including driving people away'. Thread locked while the moderating team discusses what to do with all this.

I’ve cleaned up most of the off topic source arguments; if anyone sees anything else please use the report button and not the reply button. I expected to come back this morning to see the spin from the Memorial Service and everyone’s impression on the President speech instead I get the tired FoxNews arguments.

Reopened thread, please stay on topic. There are other threads about sources in Kavars use them if you wish to continue that argument. If you continue to post in this thread please show a little respect to the OP PastramiX and stay on topic. Now I will go hit myself with 50 lashes for my mistake in mentioning FoxNews. I really thought we had gotten past that… had someone brought up ACORN it would have been just like old times.:(

Caught the aftermath of the speech and Krauthammer seemed overall impressed w/the prez's performance.

I listened to part of it, too, and Obama did a very nice job with a very difficult subject.

Impressing Krauthammer, especially if one is a more liberal Dem like Obama is, is very difficult.

Yeah..speaking of that: the Memorial service/President's speech. I was watching all of that last night on the Fo.......*ahem!*:dev8: ..excuse me! THE NEWS too :D and was wondering why all of the sudden they decided to make a big thing out of this and hold a national memorial service, along with a presidental speech?

Now I realize a nine year old girl was killed in that senseless act of violence, but there are children everyday, not to mention in the past, in this country who get shot and killed sometimes intentionally or from a stray bullet just from gang violence or someone going postal. What about them? Don't remember ever seeing a memorial service such as this, with a presidental speech, held in their honor.

What makes this event so special, that a memorial service and a president's speech must be held in their honor?

Somebody enligthen me on that.......

For those that missed the speech, here is the text and even the video.

What makes this event so special, that a memorial service and a president's speech must be held in their honor?

Yes, Americans and people all over the world are killed every day in senseless violence. No one is saying that the people touched by this tragedy are any more or less special than them. This case isn’t any more tragic or heart wrenching than someone killed by a drunk driver. What does make this tragedy more public is the way it happened and who was involved. That has given this tragedy more media attention and put the events of Arizona into America’s living rooms. An armed gunman shoots up a meeting between a congresswoman and her constituents. BTW members of congress are required by law to meet with their constituents so this type of target is not going away. This is no different than past Presidents giving speeches after tragic events in this nation’s history.

It made national news for two reasons.

1) This is the biggest assassination attempt in recent history in the US.

2) All the media buzz over what influenced him.

Gabriel Giffords is a US representative. Judge Roll was a Federal Judge. Honestly at this point the president NOT showing up would be a bad thing.

It made national news for two reasons.

1) This is the biggest assassination attempt in recent history in the US.

2) All the media buzz over what influenced him.

Gabriel Giffords is a US representative. Judge Roll was a Federal Judge. Honestly at this point the president NOT showing up would be a bad thing.

Didn't know one of the victims was a Federal Judge, that makes a difference to me. I should really pay attention to what's being said in the news these days. :(

Yes, Americans and people all over the world are killed every day in senseless violence. No one is saying that the people touched by this tragedy are any more or less special than them. This case isn’t any more tragic or heart wrenching than someone killed by a drunk driver. What does make this tragedy more public is the way it happened and who was involved. That has given this tragedy more media attention and put the events of Arizona into America’s living rooms. An armed gunman shoots up a meeting between a congresswoman and her constituents. BTW members of congress are required by law to meet with their constituents so this type of target is not going away. This is no different than past Presidents giving speeches after tragic events in this nation’s history.

Yep...I see now, what your saying Mimartin (especially since one of the victims was a Federal Judge).

Thank you both for the info, my bad. ;)

Archived