Home

Neeson to voice Qui-Gon Jinn

Prime

I assume it would be easier to animate a face similar to OT Chewie, than sew 115,000 separate horse hairs into a Mask and have it look like it :) then again why didn't they use the original mask when filming ROTS? I know its in good condition... anyway on topic :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I assume it would be easier to animate a face similar to OT Chewie, than sew 115,000 separate horse hairs into a Mask and have it look like it :) then again why didn't they use the original mask when filming ROTS? I know its in good condition... anyway on topic :)

Considering they used it for a different Wookiee character in TPM with alterations, my guess would be that they were unable to undo the alterations and make it look like it did as Chewie's face. Or at least, that's the best I can come up with.

And in the case of TPM Yoda, was the original puppet available?

I read that LFL's creature Shop decided to make the new Yoda puppet in TPM out of a different, more translucent silicon material instead of foam latex the way they did in TESB. It was supposed to be a more realistic-looking skin. They made the new Yoda from the original Yoda mold apparently... The problem was it looked nothing like him lol.

Archived