Home

Visual Enhancement 2012

Xarwarz

VISUAL ENHANCEMENT VOTE  

211 members have voted

1. 1. VISUAL ENHANCEMENT VOTE

ray007: youre right with the Taris-blue doors. They look a bit misplaced.

but what do you mean that "something is misplaced" about the panels-look?

I honestly think alongside the containers they are probably the greatest feature of this overhaul, cause they take just years away from this game...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This mod makes the game much more visually stunning. The vibrant colors/textures shaves years off the look of the game. That said, I do feel there are some areas that could be improved upon - such as:

• Invisible Panels: I honestly thought something was wrong with my install or the mod. Only after coming to this forum did I realize the look was intentional. As much as I appreciate the intended desired effect, I didn't feel the invisible panels 'worked'.
  • Contrasting Colors: In some places contrasting colors works real well, but in others not so much. It is a delicate balance, and in most places the mod gets it perfectly, but there are a few places that IMO need improvement.
  • Textures Lacking Detail: Some objects seemed to lack detail. The locker in the 'home base apartment' in Taris for example lacks depth/detail.

These are just a few things, but in my opinion should be considered for improvement.

Anyway, that is my 2 cents on this incredible mod.

Well done!

Invisible panels: well i wanted to try something different this is a staple in todays games the problem i think is i cant make static distortions to make it not seem so stiff.

Contrast colors: well the enemy for my mods has always been shared/reused textures i have to pic my poison and minimize the mix match look the best i can

Texture lacking detail: I can always update textures for improvement for this mod so ill check it out

ray 007:

What? In my opinion the "invisible-factor" makes the panels much more immersive - and also the illuminated- containers -

these are the small things which makes this overhaul so great.

Xar, just an idea for the future: would it be possible to retexture some of the weapons and especially the droids - to look more hi-tech ( like illuminated eyes etc.) ?

Well im working on the droids its just a very tedious redrawing the skins for them there alot of little detail in some of them.

Weapons i have always dreaded these skins are to small for me to redraw. Thats something that would have to be done from scratch

I like the computer panels but do they fit in with Star Wars?

In regards to if they fit in star wars it depends on the person. But star wars is an old idea had the movie been made today im sure there be something illuminated in the movie

Thanks for the feed back everyone.

Invisible panels: well i wanted to try something different this is a staple in todays games the problem i think is i cant make static distortions to make it not seem so stiff.

You could do that by animating the textures(i.e making the existing texture into a single 'frame', and then duplicating it a certain number of times, and editing certain frames to look distorted(or rather like some of the AI's in Mass Effect). You wouldn't want to do so with a 512x512 texture though, as each two frames doubles the size.

Also, very nice work on these. Only one that really surprised me was Tattooine, though that was because of the see-through gate - Very nice.

Xarwarz:

Well im working on the droids its just a very tedious redrawing the skins for them there alot of little detail in some of them.

Just make sure to keep it up...

its always the "small things" which make life interesting;)

-invisible panels:

personally i think they have a great anti-aging impact on the game, cant believe some people dislike them...

but like Rtas Vadum mentioned - if u can animate the panels/some of the textures ... now THAT would be awesome!!

Suggestions:

Interface panels: Solid base/frame with only certain parts more 'invisible'. If the invisible parts could be animated - that would be amazing.

See through walls: Currently a very nice visual effect, but what about making them more see through in limited places? If done right, it could create a nice contrast.

Regarding the lack of texture detail on footlockers and a few other items -the main issue for me is that images seems to lack overall 3d depth.

-----

Xarwarz - in my opinion you have created one of the most amazing mods made for the game and I thank you for it. My comments are just suggestions on possible versions that you may want to consider creating.

You could do that by animating the textures(i.e making the existing texture into a single 'frame', and then duplicating it a certain number of times, and editing certain frames to look distorted(or rather like some of the AI's in Mass Effect). You wouldn't want to do so with a 512x512 texture though, as each two frames doubles the size.

Also, very nice work on these. Only one that really surprised me was Tattooine, though that was because of the see-through gate - Very nice.

Well i think i understand the basics of what u mean but how to get it to show in game thats the part i need to know guess i gotta find tuts

Suggestions:

Interface panels: Solid base/frame with only certain parts more 'invisible'. If the invisible parts could be animated - that would be amazing.

See through walls: Currently a very nice visual effect, but what about making them more see through in limited places? If done right, it could create a nice contrast.

Regarding the lack of texture detail on footlockers and a few other items -the main issue for me is that images seems to lack overall 3d depth.

-----

Xarwarz - in my opinion you have created one of the most amazing mods made for the game and I thank you for it. My comments are just suggestions on possible versions that you may want to consider creating.

When you say see through walls what area are you referring to exactly?

• 3 weeks later...
I was wondering if this was intentional...

the kiosk and the monitors in the duel chamber are invisible except for white glowing lines and details.

other plc things like chairs and the floor lock boxs seem off somehow.

Maybe a screenshot would help to see this for those of us that don't remember this particular kiosk?

I was wondering if this was intentional...

the kiosk and the monitors in the duel chamber are invisible except for white glowing lines and details.

other plc things like chairs and the floor lock boxs seem off somehow.

The kiosk and monitors were intentional i felt it gave it a nextgen feel..

As far as the chairs and doors yes i agree a pic is needed for me to understand

• 5 weeks later...
You did an amazing job with all of these reskins, KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2. I don't know if this is what you were aiming for, but I felt kind of like I was playing Mass Effect. This is going to permanently stay in my Override :)

Thanks for trying it out and well yes mass effect did influence some of my ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These are so much better than the old version. Really terrific work. I need a little help with the PLC though. When I use it, everything slows to a horrendous crawl (under 1 fps). I have a GTX260, so It should handle everything just fine. I vaguely remember reading some people had a similar problem when running on windows 7 (which, I am, but ignored since I wasn't having that problem until the PLC). I'm also using the widescreen fix, but I can't think of any reason that would conflict with the PLC.

These are so much better than the old version. Really terrific work. I need a little help with the PLC though. When I use it, everything slows to a horrendous crawl (under 1 fps). I have a GTX260, so It should handle everything just fine. I vaguely remember reading some people had a similar problem when running on windows 7 (which, I am, but ignored since I wasn't having that problem until the PLC). I'm also using the widescreen fix, but I can't think of any reason that would conflict with the PLC.

First i heard of this its definitely a windows issue how ever this post may help let me know the results

TRY THIS

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194296

First i heard of this its definitely a windows issue how ever this post may help let me know the results

TRY THIS

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194296

Just to update, that does fix the problem. So for anyone else experiencing such massive slowdown with the PLC2012, check out the Mss32.dll fix linked to by Xarwarz.

The shine effect makes quite a difference. I like it.

Just to update, that does fix the problem. So for anyone else experiencing such massive slowdown with the PLC2012, check out the Mss32.dll fix linked to by Xarwarz.

The shine effect makes quite a difference. I like it.

Thanks glad you can enjoy it

• 1 month later...

Archived