Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part IX: The Eleventh Hour

Lenatha chuckled a little at Kalla's joke giving her a smile at the end. And then as she finished tucking away her gear she turned to look at Kalla once more.

"Well, she's been a little tense still, with our honeymoon in Aquilaris being crashed by the sith, she just kinda flipped", Lenatha said frowning a little at the memory. "I can't say I don't feel where she's coming from. All she wanted was for us to finally enjoy a moment of peace and it frustrates her that we just can't have that yet. She was happy though that it was thanks to you and Tonatius that we were able to make it off Aquilaris in time".

Lenatha then walked to Kalla and placed her hand gently on her arm.

"You only need just call us and we'll be there for you Kalla, I'm sure Andorra would say the same. No matter where we are, we are still friends right?", Lenatha said pacing around the room afterwards, only stopping to lean on a beam. "One day we'll just look back and all of this will be a memory".

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ebon Hawk

Kalla then got up, and gave Lenatha a friendly hug. "Who knows, this may all be over sooner than you think." She said, "And don't tell my dad and my stepdad that I said this, but it was what happened to you and Andorra that convinced them to just have a small wedding aboard the Ackbar, and hold off on the honeymoon until after the Sith have been dealt with."

Dagobah

The two ATT's touched down in a relatively dry area not far from Yoda's Hut.

"What have we got?" Master Skywalker immediately asked.

"As expected, the environment is blocking out any lifesigns, but we are getting some massive energy readings from the cave." Master Mede explained.

"Whatever they're doing there, it's got to be big." Komad commented.

"At least we'll be able to get in undetected." Master Vel pointed out.

Lenatha returned Kalla's hug with a smile and then sighed.

"Well, I think that we probably should've done the same, but I didn't have the heart to deny Andorra a little piece of happiness. Even if our time on our honeymoon was short lived, we still have the rest of our lives. And as far as it ending sooner, I hope you're right".

Lenatha then paced a little again as she always seemed to do to get her mind off of things.

"So, you and Tonatius, how have things been going for you two?", Lenatha asked, it had been some time since they saw each other last, small talk was the only thing she could think of to seize this opportunity when speaking with a friend.

"This whole business has everyone stressed out, and Tonatius and I are no exception to that." Kalla explained. "The unplanned pregnancy didn't help much with the stress either. Don't get me wrong, I'm keeping the baby, and there's noone I'd rather have as the father of my children, but I can't imagine raising a child with the galaxy the way it is. I was born right at the end of the Resurrection War, and I know my parents were so relieved that I'd grow up in a time of peace. And now I find myself wishing the same thing for my child. Some things never change."

"Well, I have faith in all of you and I'm sure Andorra does too, as long as we have the people ready to do what needs to be done to ensure the peace we need, everything will work out all right", Lenatha said, she mostly said this to reassure herself, but also to boost Kalla's morale too.

She then tapped Kalla on the shoulder and gave her a smile.

"I won't hog you anymore, I'm sure you need to get ready for the rescue mission. I'll just stock on supplies for the field, gonna check and recheck and check again", Lenatha said chuckling a little at the end. "Contrary to popular belief, I sometimes have to be more than thorough to make sure I have everything I need. Probably an obsessive compulsive disorder."

• 3 weeks later...

Ebon Hawk

"That seems like just part of the job to me." Kalla commented. "Come on, we should both be ready for when we make contact." She then added, leading Lenatha back to the cockpit.

Dagobah

"I've just received confirmation from the other ATT; the striketeams are moving in on Yoda's Hut." Master Mede pointed.

"Good, they're doing their job, now we can do ours." Master Skywalker commented. "Let's move out."

Dagobah

The trip to the swamp planet had been uneventful but time passed quickly. Tavaryn was kept busy with Tara whispering in his head and teasing him about his relationship. He could swear that the females he came across saw that he was an easy mark to have fun with. He bore with it and hoped that Alriana was doing fine.

Arriving in the system he had been given his orders to drop in. As soon as he touched down, he said, "Alright Tara activate sensors and scan."

He motioned for his team to move forward. He contacted Komad, "We're moving forward now. What are your orders Master Jedi?"

Ebon Hawk

Jun-la drove her ship with precision while Andros monitored the systems. She smiled at his attentiveness knowing that he was anxious to prove that his modifications could work in an outdated stock freighter like this. She left the flying to him and went to find Alriana. She found the Jedi with the new Shinigami. She asked, "How are you holding up Alriana? Space travel working with you?"

Meanwhile Andros waited until Kalla came with Lenatha and said, "Hi sis. We should be at the system in a couple of hours. This old bird will get us there."

Dagobah

"Try to draw them away from the Cave; we can deal with any Troopers that remain." Komad instructed. "There should be no more than two Sith Lords leading them. Most are too busy serving as planetary governors. We'll have to take care of them ourselves though. We're moving out now as well."

The four Jedi Masters then leapt out their ATT, and stealthily made their way towards the cave. The while, they could hear the exchange of blaster fire between the Resistance Guards and the Sith Troopers. Let's hope this was worth the risk. Komad thought to himself.

Ebon Hawk

"How are you holding up Alriana? Space travel working with you?"

Alriana smiled despite feeling a bit sick. "I'm not as used to it as I used to be. I'm feeling either a bit of motion sickness or morning sickness, I'm not sure which."

Alriana couldn't help but notice that Xandros had clenched his fists when she mentioned the morning sickness.

"Are you alright?" She asked Xandros. Xandros looked back at her and unclenched his fist. "I'm fine. Thank you for asking." He lied. On the inside he was angry. When he thought of Tavaryn and the jedi together he couldn't help but get angry.

Ackbar

"Admiral! We have enemy ships coming out of Hyperspace!" Garja's voice echoed through the bridge and Belina looked up in shock. She had been expecting enemy ships but not this soon.

"Raise shields and bring turbolasers online! Order half of the ships to take up defensive positions around Dagobah and order the rest to fire on the enemy ships. Try to intercept any landing craft that are heading for the surface. Order the ships around Dagobah to prepare to land troops and vehicles if needed.

Dagobah

"Try to draw them away from the Cave; we can deal with any Troopers that remain."

Tavaryn replied, "Roger that."

He flipped on his scope to get a sense of the numbers. An idea began to form in his mind. He asked, "Scatty, feel like making a little boom?"

Scatty was grinning even though no one could really see her face. She replied, "Always am sir. You thinking on drawing them out that way?"

"Why not?" Tavaryn replied. He began issuing orders to set up the charges and positions.

Have you even taken into consideration the extent of damage an explosion would do?

Tavaryn rolled his eyes and replied, "Yes Tara you old nag. We're going to draw the troopers out and then use the blast."

It was easy said than done. The enemy troopers were soldiers too and they took their cover seriously so it was with great effort that they managed to draw them out that much. Tavaryn was following everything on his scope and he contacted Komad, "Master Kaltas, be ready for a little bang. We've drawn most of them out and will give a little added insurance for success. I suggest taking cover."

Ebon Hawk

"I'm not as used to it as I used to be. I'm feeling either a bit of motion sickness or morning sickness, I'm not sure which."

Jun-la gave a slight smile. She used to feel the same when she was pregnant with Kaillian. She placed a hand on Alriana's shoulder and replied, "Well by my reckoning and taking into account Andros' modifications on this old bucket, we should be there within an hour now."

It was then Jun-la noticed the reaction of the Shinigami. Something was bothering him and it seemed to have started when Alriana mentioned morning sickness. She looked at him and said, "Something must be making you anxious. One doesn't simply clench fists for the sheer hell of it."

Andros motioned for his sister to sit in the pilot's seat. He checked the systems. They had about an hour to where they were going so he could play catch up. He asked, "So you and Tonatius make any plans yet like moving out?"

Ebon Hawk

"I'm not as used to it as I used to be. I'm feeling either a bit of motion sickness or morning sickness, I'm not sure which."

"Flying to Naboo at top speed in a Jedi Starfighter is worse." Kalla commented, sympathizing with Alriana.

"So you and Tonatius make any plans yet like moving out?"

Turning to her brother, she then asked, "What do you mean? Tonatius and I have had our own place for a while now."

Dagobah

"Master Kaltas, be ready for a little bang. We've drawn most of them out and will give a little added insurance for success. I suggest taking cover."

"Understood." Komad sent back. "We've made it to the cave. May the Force be with you."

As they entered the cave, they heard a voice come from behind them. "I hoped you would come, Master Skywalker." Darth Vokun called out.

Ebon Hawk

"Well by my reckoning and taking into account Andros' modifications on this old bucket, we should be there within an hour now."

Alriana couldn't help but smile when she heard that. "Thats good to hear. No offense to the piloting skills of Andros but I just can't seem to calm my stomach down."

"Something must be making you anxious. One doesn't simply clench fists for the sheer hell of it."

Xandros resisted the urge to clench his fists once again. "It is a private matter...If I feel the urge then I will tell you at a later point in time."

Ebon Hawk

"What do you mean? Tonatius and I have had our own place for a while now."

Andros grinned, "Yeah and you've been hanging around the house more often." He loved teasing his sister. "Just kidding sis. So do you need me to call in an architect for some remodeling of your place?"

"It is a private matter...If I feel the urge then I will tell you at a later point in time."

Jun-la gave a slight nod. Something was bothering the young Shinigami and she had dealt with plenty of the brothers over the last few months courtesy of her uncle. She replied in traditional Shinigami fashion, "It is said that knowledge is power but the true strength and power lies in the one who chooses to give it." She turned her head slightly in that inquisitive look she would get when she was curious about something. Matton called it her inquisitor look.

Jun-la then turned towards Alriana and said, "I may have something for your stomach. Come with me to medbay." She beckoned the Jedi to follow her. Once they were in the medical bay she said, "I think there is something troubling our Shinigami friend and it's not the mission."

Dagobah

"We've made it to the cave. May the Force be with you."

Tavaryn made a slight movement with his head. Yeah it was stupid but sometimes habits died hard. He replied, "Roger that."

He looked over at Scatty and shouted, "Blow charges on mark." He then turned to look at the advancing troops. He gave the motion.

Scatty pushed the detonator but nothing happened. Tara's voice came over Tavaryn's comm, "One of the connectors has been damaged. They need to be reset."

Great, Tavaryn thought. He didn't have much time. Signalling his squad to stay put he charged forward resetting each charge. He muttered to give a status update to Garja and Belina, "We need to reset the charges. Less than five minutes."

As if that weren't enough, the last charge was completely severed. That meant it had to be either replaced, which would take too much time or he could expose the core and shoot it. That was better than nothing even though there was an added risk. He called to Tariq, "Pull back and take cover."

Tariq replied, "Sir, Tara's been giving us the stats of the detonation. We can't let you do what I am sure you are planning sir."

"That's an order." And Alri is going to kill me if I end up in the tank. Tavaryn took cover where he could still get a shot off. The explosion in front of him sent him diving to the ground.

Tariq got the last transmission before the explosion cut it off. He had his orders and being the second in command he had to carry them out. "Pull back and take cover." There was a slight hesitance but they obeyed.

Tavaryn looked up to see the charged were still in place. He set the detonator to where he could hit it while he fired. Unfortunately he wasn't going to have pretty good cover now that it had been virtually destroyed. He still had to do it. He hit the button just as he fired.

The explosion resounded as the enemy ran from the explosion. Tavaryn tried to keep from getting the brunt of the falling debris. He started running when he felt his feet lift off from the ground and he hit something hard. The last thing he saw was the orange ball of fire and a huge rock flying towards him.

(Kalla and Tonatius do actually have their own quarters aboard the Ackbar)

Ebon Hawk

"I suppose we'll need to make room for the baby when the time comes, so I'll let you know." Kalla replied.

Dagobah

Recognizing the voice, Master Skywalker turned around to face the Sith Lord, drawing his lightsaber. "Komad, get to the Force Nexus. Tywin, Quinlan, help the Guardsmen." He instructed.

"Even if he destroys our work here, it won't make a difference. It's only one among thousands." Vokun taunted, taking the first swing.

"One what among thousands?" Kol asked, narrowly dodging.

As Komad approached the Force Nexus, he could feel its presence in the Force getting stronger and stronger, far more than it normally should have. When he got into view of it, he noticed a large tripod-like device at its exact spot. As he approached, the energy from the device overwhelmed him, and he could feel it stretching out to the farthest reaches of the Outer Rim, and reaching all the way back to Coruscant, but this connection was artificial, even if it was through the Force. When he came to his senses, Komad acted on instinct, and cut the tripod in half with his lightsaber.

"This is worse than any of us thought." He said to himself.

Ackbar

"Two more enemy ships destroyed Admiral. But the Mon Mothma has lost her command crew to a suicide attack that breached the bridge shields. The surviving crew are attempting to reach the secondary bridge. They report that the ship is suffering from power surges from various systems that have been caused by the destruction of the bridge."

Belina looked up from the console that was showing the surviving ships from both sides. She thought for a moment. "Have the Shan and the Riken cover the Mon Mothma until they get those power surges under control. Status of the rest of the fleet?" She asked Garja.

"We have seven ships remaining out of the nine that arrived with us. The sith fleet is attempting to regroup from the loss of one of their heavy destroyers."

Belina smiled as she looked at the deployment of the sith fleet as they regrouped. The deployment had left the starboard side of one the larger ships vulnerable! There was no way that they could turn in time before they took quite a bit of damage.

"Target that Warship and fire all turbolasers and Torpedoes!" Belina ordered. The Ackbar let loose with a salvo of torpedoes and turbolasers that slammed into the shields and took them out after about half a minute. The sith warship attempted to turn to bring it's port shields around but before it could, a second salvo of weapons fire slammed into the ship's engines. Belina smiled as she saw the engines flare out and small explosions began to rip across the ship before a larger one engulfed the bridge.

"Select your next target and begin firing."

Ebon Hawk

"I think there is something troubling our Shinigami friend and it's not the mission."

"I've noticed that as well." Alriana said quietly. "I'm starting to think think that he may have...feelings for me." She couldn't help it as her cheeks turned slightly red. "I don't know how to tell him about Tavaryn and I but I have a feeling that if I do...something bad might happen."

Abandoned resistance base

"Sir! Sensors are picking up a small sith shuttle floating out near the base!"

"Are there any other ships out there? And get me information on that shuttle. I want weapons status."

"The ship has minimal weapons systems and the shields are offline. It appears to be in some sort of stealth mode. We only detected it because there was a small spike in energy readings when it passed through a dust cloud. The ship appears to be drifting."

The Pirate captain smiled. "Prepare a boarding party. A sith vessel of any kind is bound to be worth quite a bit."

Dagobah

Tavy you awake yet?

Tavaryn opened his eyes as he heard the annoying voice of Tara. "Yes I hear you," he muttered, "I already have one nag in my life and I don't need two."

I'm sure the chief of security of the Ackbar would love to hear you say that.

"And if you say anything, I'll pull the plug," Tavaryn replied in mock sterness. He grimaced as he shifted in the hold that he had been protected in. He was lucky or rather the Force had been with him. "Comm lines open?"

Yes sir

"Patch me through to Master Komad and make sure the team picks it up."

When he heard the click he said, "Master Komad, all is well. What are the orders?"

Tariq heard the LT and kept his enthusiasm down even though the rest of the team was giving cheers. They all looked up to the LT and had been worried. He relayed up to the Ackbar, "Alpha Team reporting success in getting the Jedi in."

Ebon Hawk

Andros grinned at his sister and turned to pay attention to the ship's controls. He had given her a power boost and he wanted to make sure the old girl could handle it. He said, "We should be there in under an hour."

"I've noticed that as well." Alriana said quietly. "I'm starting to think think that he may have...feelings for me." She couldn't help it as her cheeks turned slightly red. "I don't know how to tell him about Tavaryn and I but I have a feeling that if I do...something bad might happen."

Jun-la nodded. "The better though I think he hears it from you. If you need support you know I will be there for you."

Feeling like he had enough of the cargo hold, Valek walked outside and into the main hold. Noticing Xandros, he quickly walked up to him to start up some conversation.

"Hey. I don't believe that we are properly acquainted. I'm Valek.", he said - outstretching his hand.

Ackbar

"Alpha Team reporting success in getting the Jedi in."

Belina could barely hear the transmission over the sound of turbolasers hitting the shields. She quickly moved over to the comn station and began speaking. "Good work! But we have a problem up here: A Sith battlegroup dropped out of hyperspace. We will not be able to retrieve you until they have been dealt with. This may take awhile."

One of the consoles on the other side of the bridge erupted into flames as a powersurge ran through it.

"Get that fire out!"

Ebon Hawk

"Hey. I don't believe that we are properly acquainted. I'm Valek."

Xandros took the offered hand and nodded in greeting. "I am Xandros. It's a pleasure to meet you. I don't know that many people from this time period."

"The better though I think he hears it from you. If you need support you know I will be there for you."

Alriana laughed nervously. Oh, I think I'll need support alright. From what I've heard Xandros saved my life more then a few times back during the purge without me ever knowing. How can I just tell him it's not going to happen after he saved my life back during the purge? My heart belongs to Tavaryn...but Xandros deserves better then a flat-out rejection."

She laughed nervously again and then grabbed her head in pain as she felt a sharp pain. She could hear laughing through their link and a child screaming. "T-The child..." She gasped out in pain. "I think someone got to her before we did. We need to go faster."

"I am Xandros. It's a pleasure to meet you. I don't know that many people from this time period."

"This time period? Wha-", he cut off his own sentence, and then snapped his fingers a few seconds later. "Ah, you were one of the guys in cryo."

He then noticed that when Xandros shook his hand, he shook with a tightened grip. Also, his voice sounded tense, as well as his posture. He was no stranger to body language, and it seemed as if something had Xandros on edge.

"Is there something troubling you? You seem as if there's something on your mind.", Valek said, knowing that it was slightly an understatement.

Dagobah

"This is Tywin. Interference from the cave is keeping us from reaching Kol or Komad, but we're on our way to you." Master Mede sent out, in response to Tavaryn's message.

As Master Skywalker blocked another of Vokun's blows, he felt the excess Force energy dissipating within the cave. He could tell that Darth Vokun sensed it too, but the Sith Lord was far more taken aback by it then he was. Seeing the opportunity, and knowing the results of past attempts at interrogating Sith, Kol simply drove his lightsaber into Vokun's chest.

When Komad approached, Kol simply said, "If we had taken him alive, he would have killed himself anyway. What was down there anyway?"

"A Force Relay; I destroyed it as soon as I knew what it was." Komad explained.

"I can't believe the Sith have actually built one, but you were right to destroy it. Victory or defeat, this war is going to be over a lot sooner than we thought." Kol commented.

As soon as they exited the cave, Komad noticed a flashing light on his communicator, indicating he had missed a message. Activating it, he sent to Tavaryn, "We're done here; make for the ATT's!"

Ebon Hawk

Listening in on Alriana and Jun-la's conversation, Kalla suggested, "I kind of put my ex-girlfriend through something similar a few years ago, and we're still good friends now. Maybe we could get her to talk to him."

• 2 weeks later...

Ebon Hawk

"I kind of put my ex-girlfriend through something similar a few years ago, and we're still good friends now. Maybe we could get her to talk to him."

Jun-la replied, "That may be a good option but I do think we should take it slow and be there should testosterone decide to take over." She then noticed that something was up with Alriana. She frowned in worry and waited for the Jedi to respond.

"I think someone got to her before we did. We need to go faster."

Jun-la held Alriana by the shoulders and activated the comm, "Andros, can you get the ship to go faster?"

Andros came over the comm, ETA 20 minutes. We'll be out of hyperspace then. You know we need precise calculations otherwise we could fly through a star or bounce too close to a supernova... you know.

Jun-la nodded. She turned her attention to Alriana, "We're almost there. Talk to her through the Force. If you need help, ask." She held onto the Jedi with a firm and gentle grip.

Dagobah

Tavaryn tried to move rocks to get out of the pocket he had been saved in but he was at an awkward angle and there was some soreness to his limbs.

Vital signs are normal with slight elevation.

"Thanks you old nag," Tavaryn muttered. He said he would be careful and he had no idea if this was even toeing the line for that.

This is Tywin. Interference from the cave is keeping us from reaching Kol or Komad, but we're on our way to you.

Tavaryn put a hand to his helmet as if he could hear clearly through the static and the like. He replied, "This is Alpha Leader. I am trapped somewhere under the debris. If you can follow my signal..."

Good work! But we have a problem up here: A Sith battlegroup dropped out of hyperspace. We will not be able to retrieve you until they have been dealt with. This may take awhile.

We're done here; make for the ATT's!

Tariq picked up on the transmissions and looked to Scatty for confirmation. She nodded that she heard right. They knew the LT was all right but they were at a loss of what to do. They had been taught to leave no one behind. He carefully composed his reply so that the Ackbar and the Jedi could pick up, "This is Alpha Team and we read you. However our CO is in danger at the moment. Requesting back up from a neighboring unit to attempt rescue."

"Ah, you were one of the guys in cryo."

"As a matter of fact I am." Xandros said quietly as he thought about the people that he had known back in his own time. Most of them were most likely dead by now.

"Is there something troubling you? You seem as if there's something on your mind."

"It's nothing." Xandros lied. "I'm just not that used to traveling through hyperspace in a ship like this."

"That may be a good option but I do think we should take it slow and be there should testosterone decide to take over."

"I agree." Alriana said quietly.

"We're almost there. Talk to her through the Force. If you need help, ask."

Hold on...help is coming

They found me! They found me! Came the terrified reply through the force. Alriana could sense something familiar about this child...it was a familiar presence had come in contact with it recently.

"There's something familiar. Someone we know has come in contact with the child recently. I can't place it though..."

Ackbar

"This is Alpha Team and we read you. However our CO is in danger at the moment. Requesting back up from a neighboring unit to attempt rescue."

"This is Belina! We're going to try and dispatch a scout ship down to the planet to assist! Do you require additional ground troops? I repeat do you requir-"

She was about to ask more when the console next to her blew up as a power surge went through it. Belina hit the floor and moaned in pain before she passed out. One side of her face was ripped up and bloody from the shrapnel that had hit her

"Admiral!" Garja's voice echoed through the bridge as he ran to her side. He quickly activated the comlines. "Medical team to the bridge! Now!" Garja ordered.

Ebon Hawk

"There's something familiar. Someone we know has come in contact with the child recently. I can't place it though..."

Kalla thought about this for a moment, and then said to her brother, "Be ready to scan for other ships once we're out of Hyperspace. If anyone's beaten us to her, I doubt they're on our side."

Dagobah

"This is Alpha Team and we read you. However our CO is in danger at the moment. Requesting back up from a neighboring unit to attempt rescue."

"Understood. We're on our way." Komad sent back. He and Master Skywalker were able to cut down most of the Sith troopers blocking their path to Alpha Team, and the rest were of little consequence. Once they arrived, Kol asked Tara, "How many of our people are unaccounted for?"

As soon as Tywin made it to Tavaryn, he began lifting rocks off of him, while Quinlan provided cover for.

"Will you need help getting back to the ATT?" Tywin asked.

• 3 weeks later...

"It's nothing. I'm just not that used to traveling through hyperspace in a ship like this."

"Yeah, I hear you. The ship is a couple thousand years old. I'm surprised it hasn't fallen apart.", Valek replied.

Still, he felt as if the truth was being withheld from him. He shrugged it off as if it was nervousness of Dagobah. Shaking his head, he walked down the small hallway into the cockpit.

"I don't mean to intrude, but are there comms on this ship that I could use to get into contact with the men down on Dagobah? I'd like to get a handle of what's going on down there.", he asked.

• 6 months later...

((Sorry folks for being gone so long. I hope we could work through this some more now that I am more or less settled after the chaos))

As soon as Tywin made it to Tavaryn, he began lifting rocks off of him, while Quinlan provided cover for.

"Will you need help getting back to the ATT?" Tywin asked.

Tavaryn looked at the kid from his angle and said, "I'm good. Just get me out."

Tara responded to Komad's signal, "According to the count. Alpha Leader is still unable to reach us. His vitals read that he is alive."

Ebon Hawk

Andros replied, "Scanners are ready to go. We should be hitting the point to come pretty soon."

There's something familiar. Someone we know has come in contact with the child recently. I can't place it though..."

Jun-la nodded. There were possibilities into that one. She replied, "Does it seem recent to you?"

Archived