Home

Spammy Vistor messages

Blix

Has anyone else been getting any spam-related visitor messages? Lately I have been bombarded with the messages like this one:

. Before as i was in fact executing a course regarding our Authorized Managing Consultant documentation, I had produced some discussions and among the instructors. This guy preserved nevertheless my best option on the subject of benefits must have been a misconception, and therefore the realism involving talking to was in fact the numerous days Simply put i paid out making use of the shopper. His own approach was initially in which valued clients will have to be capable of get at giant appeal from this services, but I can potentially mainly earn money from the volume of a long time Simply put i functioned a result of the hide aspect about "value"

http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?u=170580

and I press the report button for spam at least once everytime I check in (sometimes twice). Just an FYI to the mods I have disabled visitor messaging altogether.

Unfortunately over the weekend we've seen quite a bit of spambot activity, particularly concerning visitor messaging, although they seem limited to only a few members - we ban them as soon as we find them, but it still seems that they manage to fire off these nonsensical messages before we do.

Sorry for the inconvenience this might cause, but I'd suggest that if anyone else is having the same problem it might be worth disabling visitor messages as well until we can stem the problem. :)

I took care of your new buddy Tommycat, I thought you could. I remember getting questioned for why I didn't delete a VM on my profile once (before I was a moderator). I'll check it out and let you know. Until then if you get any more just report it or PM me. Even if you figure out how to delete them before I get back to you, please still report or PM so that I can ban the bot.

The spam visitor messages should stop now, hopefully... we've made it so that only people with a post count of 5+ can post visitor messages in a member's profile so that should stop spambots long enough for us to ban them since they seem to post regular forum posts along with their spammy vm's.

Archived