Home

Weapon model overhaul project

Toasty Fresh

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't disagree, but I think it would look weird with vanilla animations.

I don't want to pry, but here one of my lost W.I.P.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
mersonminigun.jpg

The PC should make use of one of the vacant handle you made, but that just my opinion.

Ion Pistol and Verpine Prototype:

697Y4.jpg

Download here

yep. Just installed only 002s files ... so the Verpine looks great. For now I'll keep the vanillas' 001s Ion pistols aspect ... so ... do these 002 files affect ONLY that Verpine Prototype blaster?

the lighter 002 texture does make details a little more visible ... :raise:

thx again :thmbup1:

Looking good as always. Any plans to do the vibroblade and double-vibroblade? The default game has them with separate models from the vibroswords.

Double-vibroblades are already done. Vibroblades will be done as well. It won't take too long because swords are pretty easy to model and texture, it's just a matter of getting around to it.

yep. Just installed only 002s files ... so the Verpine looks great. For now I'll keep the vanillas' 001s Ion pistols aspect ... so ... do these 002 files affect ONLY that Verpine Prototype blaster?:

As far as I'm aware, yes. Unless there's any other ion pistol in the game aside from those two.

Ion Rifles, Bothan Droid Disruptor, and Verpine Droid Disruptor:

6abi0.jpg

Download here

Double-vibroblades are already done. Vibroblades will be done as well. It won't take too long because swords are pretty easy to model and texture, it's just a matter of getting around to it.

As far as I'm aware, yes. Unless there's any other ion pistol in the game aside from those two.

Ion Rifles, Bothan Droid Disruptor, and Verpine Droid Disruptor:

6abi0.jpg

Download here

So ... no scope for Ion Rifles and scope for the others eh? well-thought indeed ... :nod:

now ... about your priorities ... how about dealing first with Sonic Rifles instead of Blaster Carbines i.e.?? don't ya agree Sonic technology is far 'uglier' and 'underdeveloped' than Carbines these days, toasty?? ;)

keep up the impressive modelling :golfclap:

I know it's not really my place to ask, but do you think we could see your awesome models in TSL? I've been converting them myself with MDLOps but as we all know TSL has more/different weapons and I'm not really skilled enough to do any of that.

It is planned. JCarter426 is helping me convert them. I don't know if each weapon will have its own variant and texture like in KoTOR, but I will do my best.

It is planned. JCarter426 is helping me convert them. I don't know if each weapon will have its own variant and texture like in KoTOR, but I will do my best.

I'm really stoked to hear that. This mod is literally exactly what I have been waiting for to reply both games. Those vanilla models are freaking ugly.

Oh boy, you've been busy while I was away. Everything looks great! That ion rifle reminds me of the Stouker concussion rifle. I especially like the new pistols... new pistols are always handy. I'm looking forward to what you're going to do for the holdout blaster; as it is now, it looks more like a glue gun than a gun gun.

I'd like to point out that the sith war droids you encounter outside the apartment on Taris still seem to have their low-res repeater models. Could the repeater be a part of their whole model, maybe?

Not yet.

Blaster carbine:

6cwYa.jpg

Also this looks awesome! Keep it up!

I'd like to point out that the sith war droids you encounter outside the apartment on Taris still seem to have their low-res repeater models. Could the repeater be a part of their whole model, maybe?!

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I tried replacing every other repeater model and their weapon didn't seem to change, so it must be a part of their character model.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I tried replacing every other repeater model and their weapon didn't seem to change, so it must be a part of their character model.

I just found and pulled up the war droid model and the repeater is indeed a part of the model. Is there a way to change/edit the model?

Most likely, but I have next to no idea how to do in terms of importing into KotOR etc. Replacing the weapons is about the extent of my knowledge with modding this game :confused:

I would imagine that if you did that you would run into problems with rigging and whatnot. I'm sure there's somebody around here who would easily be able to tell you how to go through with it.

Probably Vibroblades, because they're quite common in the game compared to everything else that's left.

After that, there's only sonic guns and holdout blasters, none of which should be too difficult. After that, I might work on a couple TSL things that need doing and then work on getting that finished.

Archived