Home

Weapon model overhaul project

Toasty Fresh

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to help in the future, that mapping problem happens to me when I resetxform a lot of the time. What I do is resetxform before I even apply the UVWMap modifiers. After I'm done skinning, I save the UVWMap. I resetxform again and (sometimes it doesn't even mess up) when it messes up again I just apply the UVWMap I had just saved and it works fine. I hope that confusing mess I just wrote helps a little haha...

The model looks great in-game. My only suggestions are that you should check on the lighting; check this thread out and make sure to check out both solutions: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=207929

Also I think you should look into adding some slight metal shaders for the models. If you don't know how to do that, just use the forum search for something like "shiny texture", "txi", "CM_baremetal", or something :p

Good job though, I'm liking the models a lot.

Changed the shine a little bit, looks a bit better I think.

brifle5.jpg

Oh yes, that looks a lot better, nice job!

Also finished the heavy blaster.

heavybpistol3.jpg

That is such an improvement over the original, it's unbelieveable.

I look forward to seeing what you accomplish with the rest of the weapon models!

Thanks.

I'm now having a problem where the unique versions of the Heavy Blaster come up ingame as pure white with normal shading.

wutfp.jpg

I've tried just about everything and it is always pure white. It's not the texture because I tried a different texture on it and it still didn't show properly. There's obviously something wrong with my export and it's not linking to the right texture but I have no idea how to amend that.

While the mod is in development I might release each class of weapons in modules, because it will probably be a while before the entire pack is done. I've got all the Heavy Blasters done, I just have to fix this glitch I'm having where the gun is nearly five times the size it should be ingame and I can zip it up and put it on Mediafire for the time being.

EDIT: All finished with the Heavy Blasters. Download them here: http://www.mediafire.com/?y1fyae7qf90j13c

Changed the shine a little bit, looks a bit better I think.

brifle5.jpg

Also finished the heavy blaster.

heavybpistol3.jpg

Mmmm i love those weapons, but i think the weapons are too shiny, too clean, they seam to have been polished recently...

Maybe it's just me but i think they would look better if they weren't that nicely done, i mean, so clean and shiny. Im not talking about drawing scratches everywhere.

They are going to be used more than once right?

I mean, sometimes we want to reach perfection so badly, that we pass by and don't stop at the 100% limit of perfection, and we polish it 'till it is unnatural.

Archived