Home

Anyone here a football (soccer) fan?

thejman217

Anyone here a football (soccer) fan? If so what's your favorite club? What's your favorite national team if you have one?

My favorite club is FC Bayern Munich, and my favorite national team is Germany (I was born in Berlin).

So what's your favorite club and/or national team?

I'm not doing this on purpose I swear, but Chelsea-fan here. And just for the record, I was fan from before the Abramovich-era. I still have my Autoglass shirt, which is far too small now, of course, for me to wear it. :)

And Red Devil (Belgium) fan, of course, though my patience and dedication have been tested for some time. But it seems like they're back on track, with a lot of amazing players. I hope they reach Brasil, but getting past Croatia will be difficult in the qualifications.

I'm not doing this on purpose I swear, but Chelsea-fan here. And just for the record, I was fan from before the Abramovich-era. I still have my Autoglass shirt, which is far too small now, of course, for me to wear it. :)

And Red Devil (Belgium) fan, of course, though my patience and dedication have been tested for some time. But it seems like they're back on track, with a lot of amazing players. I hope they reach Brasil, but getting past Croatia will be difficult in the qualifications.

It's alright. I'm no longer mad at Chelsea for winning. I'm angry at our bad luck and Arjen Robben's arrogance (wanting to take the penalty before the penalty shootout even though Schweinsteiger wanted to take it.)

And it's nice to see a true Chelsea fan. Most of the Chelsea fans I know are plastic fans and are fans only since they won the Champion's League or because of Eden Hazard joining Chelsea and how "talented" (good, but overrated) he is. (Bandwagons)

However, while I was born in Germany, I have Bosnian-Herzegovinian origins :). And for our qualifiers, we have the easiest group. The toughest team in our group is Greece! *laughs*

Once every four years I spontaneously transform into a football fan and cheer for Germany, and Germany only, despite not knowing anyone in the team.

I'm assuming you follow Germany during the World Cup? Haha follow them every two years! World Cup AND Euro 2012!

West Ham for life.

:)

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

By West Ham? Did they concede, like, thirty goals or something?

@Sabretooth are you German?

EDIT

Oh my god......THEY WON A GAME?! West Ham must have torn the fabric of space and time.......the universe should be imploding on itself right now....why isn't it?

3rd EDIT

Does anyone her have/play FIFA 13?

I support my local American team, Philadelphia Union (yes, we have a soccer league, and one that is actually quite good, too) and Liverpool FC. Both teams are currently trying my patience with awful seasons, though it looks like Liverpool might be turning things around.

Also follow the USA national team. I can't complain with most of the results Jurgen Klinsmann has been getting us (beating Italy and Mexico on their own turf for first time, etc), but some of his personnel and game-day choices are absolutely maddening and seem to defy logic. I also follow the women's national team, though that's probably because they're waaaaaaay better than the men's, and most of the players are really attractive. :xp:

So yeah, soccer is pretty much my religion. :p

I support my local American team, Philadelphia Union (yes, we have a soccer league, and one that is actually quite good, too) and Liverpool FC. Both teams are currently trying my patience with awful seasons, though it looks like Liverpool might be turning things around.

Also follow the USA national team. I can't complain with most of the results Jurgen Klinsmann has been getting us (beating Italy and Mexico on their own turf for first time, etc), but some of his personnel and game-day choices are absolutely maddening and seem to defy logic. I also follow the women's national team, though that's probably because they're waaaaaaay better than the men's, and most of the players are really attractive. :xp:

So yeah, soccer is pretty much my religion. :p

Haha, I live in the states as well, and I know we have a decent league. Not amazing, but talented.

Football/soccer is my religion too lol.

In England, I support Manchester City. (Before they got Nasri and Aguëro and won the title)

In the MLS I support Portland, even though they've been recently on a poor streak.

And I thought Klinsmann was just going to be a flop lol. Me being born in Germany, and knowing my German "fussball" (that's what it's called in German) history, I know he won the World Cup with them, but I thought he was going to do terrible with the U.S. I'm happy to be wrong :).

Club: Benfica from where I was born (currently on Champions and Europa Leagues) and/or Académica from where I live (currently on Europa League).

National Team: Portugal

EDIT:

No, I just happened to like their colours when I played FIFA 98, which was my first exposure to international football ever. >_>

I used to do that for the Buffalo Sabres because I liked their logo from NHL 2000. :p

For me it's Liverpool in England and HSV in Germany.

No, I just happened to like their colours when I played FIFA 98, which was my first exposure to international football ever. >_>

I used to do that for the Buffalo Sabres because I liked their logo from NHL 2000. :p

Same thing for me and the Minnesota Timberwolves back in '97 :D

Oh yeah, almost forgot, I support my hometown club of Bruges, of course. They're in the Europa League and got a much needed win last night against Maritimo after the shameful display against Bordeaux in the previous match.

Ah, FIFA 98. The memories... After a few games, I just started tackling everybody, especially the keeper.

Haha, I live in the states as well, and I know we have a decent league. Not amazing, but talented.

Football/soccer is my religion too lol.

In England, I support Manchester City. (Before they got Nasri and Aguëro and won the title)

In the MLS I support Portland, even though they've been recently on a poor streak.

And I thought Klinsmann was just going to be a flop lol. Me being born in Germany, and knowing my German "fussball" (that's what it's called in German) history, I know he won the World Cup with them, but I thought he was going to do terrible with the U.S. I'm happy to be wrong :).

When did you start supporting City? I'm surprised, considering that people will be jumping on their bandwagon now that they're really good. I've felt bad for Portland almost the entire season; arguably the best fan base in the league, and they lose to a team of amateurs in the Open Cup.

And what made you think Klinsmann would flop? As I remember, he was actually pretty good as the coach of Germany. Sure, some his results haven't exactly been as impressive as his predecessor (but when it is impressive, it is very impressive ;)), and he makes some questionable line-up and roster choices, but he hasn't had anything really disastrous happen yet.

When did you start supporting City? I'm surprised, considering that people will be jumping on their bandwagon now that they're really good. I've felt bad for Portland almost the entire season; arguably the best fan base in the league, and they lose to a team of amateurs in the Open Cup.

And what made you think Klinsmann would flop? As I remember, he was actually pretty good as the coach of Germany. Sure, some his results haven't exactly been as impressive as his predecessor (but when it is impressive, it is very impressive ;)), and he makes some questionable line-up and roster choices, but he hasn't had anything really disastrous happen yet.

Yeah, I know, it's been really dispiriting, but I'll always follow them :).

I am a Bosnian-Herzegovinian American born in Berlin. Wierd, right. I know. Anyways, I started following City as soon as Edin Džeko joined them (before Aguëro, Nasri, and other company that's extremely talented joined), and I follow any professional team with a Bosnian in it (Edin Džeko is from Bosnia), with the exception of FC Bayern and the German national team 'cause I was born there. So I followed Man City before they became good :). And I'm going to watch Sunderland vs. Man City tomorrow on ESPN 2.

Because I live in the states, I want to see the US of A do well. Don't get me wrong, I want Klinsmann to succeed with the US. However, I thought he would flop based on the US's previous successes and previous manager and how difficult it is to manage a team like the

US.

Out of all those clubs/teams, FC Bayern München I follow and support the most.

Playing FIFA 98 enough should proof to biologists worldwide that humans need to evolve out of walking and into tackling as a means of locomotion.

Haha, I 100% agree!

Humans would get around A LOT faster if they just slid everywhere.

Or if they took really huge steps to resemble non-sliding tackles.

So, has anyone looked at which players their countries have called up for the World Cup qualifiers? I once again have to question Klinsmann's roster decisions. He's including someone who has never been on the national team before over Jozy Altidore, who's leading the Dutch league in scoring. WTF? And if not Altidore, then why not Boyd? He's been scoring like crazy in Austria. At least Sacha Kljestan got the call over Jose Torres; the latter has not exactly been impressive for the past few national team matches.

So, has anyone looked at which players their countries have called up for the World Cup qualifiers? I once again have to question Klinsmann's roster decisions. He's including someone who has never been on the national team before over Jozy Altidore, who's leading the Dutch league in scoring. WTF? And if not Altidore, then why not Boyd? He's been scoring like crazy in Austria. At least Sacha Kljestan got the call over Jose Torres; the latter has not exactly been impressive for the past few national team matches.

I assume you're an avid American supporter. Do you like Klinsmann? And more importantly, do you like his tactics?

Juventus fan

I don't see many Juventus fans around anymore. Maybe because they haven't had much success in recent years. It sucks how they along with other major Italian teams get a lot of heat for being in a supposedly fixed league.

It's nice to see Juventus draw a high scoring game against Chelsea away. Just imagine what they'll do at home :). (Honestly, I don't like Chelsea because pretty much their entire team except for Lampard are ***holes. And Eden Hazard is an ***hole AND a spoiled brat.)

Are you Italian?

Archived