Home

Improved Bastila Head

Darth_Tempust

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though I downloaded your beta version, I was hoping for the "Sandra Bullock" version. As I can see little changed between your final version screenshots and the regular in-game Bastila, I probably won't be using it.

Does anyone else feel like we've had a "bait and switch" pulled on us?

Which areas are dark?

I've tried to make pics in various locations, with different lighting.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
KotOR0007a.png

Show spoiler
KotOR0006a.png

Show spoiler
KotOR0001d.png

Show spoiler
KotOR0000f.png

It seems as though it looks fine in the sun (Tatooine), but it gets darker in darkish places. I remember Dak wrote this tutorial up a year or so ago, detailing how to fix those issues with a custom gun model. 2 post's below Dak's tutorial, Darth DeadMan posted a different way to fix the lighting issue, and said it also worked with character models. So I'd assume if you did what Darth DeadMan specified then everything would be normal.

Though I downloaded your beta version, I was hoping for the "Sandra Bullock" version. As I can see little changed between your final version screenshots and the regular in-game Bastila, I probably won't be using it.

Does anyone else feel like we've had a "bait and switch" pulled on us?

I posted that I was making an improved head based off of the cover art. If this head is not to your liking, then by all means don't download it but don't try to stir things up and say that there has been a "bait and switch" pulled here.

It seems as though it looks fine in the sun (Tatooine), but it gets darker in darkish places. I remember Dak wrote this tutorial up a year or so ago, detailing how to fix those issues with a custom gun model. 2 post's below Dak's tutorial, Darth DeadMan posted a different way to fix the lighting issue, and said it also worked with character models. So I'd assume if you did what Darth DeadMan specified then everything would be normal.

I'm still new at KOTOR modding, I'll have a looksee at the tutorial thanks. :D

Also thanks for those screenshots LORD SPARTAN, big help. :)

Yeah, I can make anything for KOTOR character-wise. I just don't like to make new models from scratch in old games such as this due to the low tech of the engine. Sadly, it wouldn't really show off all the details in my sculpts to my liking after it's been baked down into the diffuse.

The head model was compiled completely in MDLOps, with also using the headfixer tool.

Yeah, I can make anything for KOTOR character-wise. I just don't like to make new models from scratch in old games such as this due to the low tech of the engine. Sadly, it wouldn't really show off all the details in my sculpts to my liking after it's been baked down into the diffuse.

Do you just mean that it would be lower-detail since we can't use normal mapping? You could always just try to stick the high poly version in-game and see how it performs.

Anyway, I was just wondering. Nice work here!

Great work!

The only thing that has kept me from downloading Bastila facial reskins over the years is the fact that we see her face in several prerendered FMVs, which would be inconsistent, in my mind. I wish someone could reconstruct those FMVs with Bastila's new face.

But this is probably the wrong thread to make such a request in. I do love your work, however, and can't wait to see the finished product!

Archived