Home

Collection of useful non-tutorial threads

Canderis

There are hundreds of threads in this forum with very useful information, tips, etc. Whenever you come across a thread or post here that you find useful for answering a certain question, please post a link to the thread (or post if it is just one) to assist others. I will be updating tutorials to assist people and having a list of tips could save many people a lot of searching.

And if a moderator deems this a good enough idea, please sticky this. Could help a lot of people

I have a few different threads book-marked and questions I have asked. Here they are;

Making NPC's walk while talking-2nd post Fallen Gaurdian.

How to edit a .Git that's already within a .mod-2nd post Fallen Gaurdian and Hassat Hunter

A good way to organize for making a mod-2nd post Fallen Gaurdian

Changing an apperance using scripts- Stoffe

That's all for now maybe ill dig some more up later.

-Supreme Kotor

As all tutorials I've seen about modeling new areas are focused on interior modules, I'd like to see a tutorial on modeling a new area outside. I'm trying that out right now and I know that there has to be an easier way to do it. Or it would be if someone could explain it (I've always liked that :D).

As all tutorials I've seen about modeling new areas are focused on interior modules, I'd like to see a tutorial on modeling a new area outside. I'm trying that out right now and I know that there has to be an easier way to do it. Or it would be if someone could explain it (I've always liked that :D).

Personally I have learned everything I know from either Quanon or looking at the areas Bioware and Obisiadan did. Quanon suggested if you really want to learn about outdoor look at Dantoine as it uses many of the different modeling techniques.

I know this isn't much help and I would love to see a tutorial as well but as far as I know there is only about 7 common area modelers on the forum

Back when I was a noob, Stoffe and tk102 really helped me out on a specific set of questions:

K1- How do I add feats to PCs?

This thread has info about

- Hidden inventory slots

- Creature Hide Items (.uti) for adding bonus skills

- Adding info to dialog.tlk using TSLPatcher

- bonus "feats" (to be used as script conditional checks)

- simple script for equipping .uti files onto a player character

- a little bit about Soundsets

For the results of all that help, here's the finished mod (to be looked at as a working sample)

[K1] Species Specific feats for PCs

I know this has a few tutorial request posts in it when it wasn't meant to, but I feel that we need a tutorial on a specific topic: cameras.

Specifically:

1. How they work

2. The .git file

3. Activating in-game

4. Using Anicam

I ask about cameras for two reasons: I want to use them, and I've few/no threads on them...

Thanks for considering it, Canderis!

• 2 months later...
I know this has a few tutorial request posts in it when it wasn't meant to, but I feel that we need a tutorial on a specific topic: cameras.

Specifically:

1. How they work

2. The .git file

3. Activating in-game

4. Using Anicam

I ask about cameras for two reasons: I want to use them, and I've few/no threads on them...

Thanks for considering it, Canderis!

Hey, sorry for the late reply but I've finally written a tutorial! It's for static cameras only, but it's better than nothing.

Anyway, here it is.

Archived