Home

Marius Fett's Random Dabbling!

Marius Fett

Good question DK, i'll give it a go, see what I can come up with.

On an unrelated note, i'm nearly done with the portrait pack for TSL, just a few last minute adjustments to make and they're ready to ship, as it were.

Aaaaand my 3DS Max decided to screw up AGAIN and refuse to let me use the Unwrap UVW's modifier without going tits up, so Quanon has kindly offered to map the hilts for me while I look into getting Max to work properly again.

He's almost done AFAIK, so I should get 'em back for texturing soon, which means Jedi Knight meets KotOR at last! Woo! :D

I can give the good news that all of the hilts have been UVWmapped. I'll get everything packed up for you ASAP. ;)

<3

*ahem*...

Got the mapped hilts from Q downloaded this morning and i've got to work on texturing them at last! :D

Started off with Sariss's hilt and i'm pretty happy with where it's at right now:

Sariss001_zpsefdb6c45.jpg

It's a really simple looking hilt, so there wasn't a whole lot of detail I felt like I needed to add, but I kinda like what i've done, if I do say so myself! :p

Here's a peek at what it looks like in the game:

Sariss002_zps34dd5001.jpg

Gonna get the rest of the sabers textured before I worry about setting up all the colour variations. That'll come at the end.

TSL version coming after the K1 pack is out the door. ^_^

@Marius: Cool! I love the Jedi Knight series alongside the KotOR series, so this is awesome! Can I ask where and how you got that robe texture from? I know the Models are from Kainzorus Prime & DarthDeadmans Prequel Robe pack that came out recently, but I'm just wondering about how to get other textures for that same model.

@Kainzorus Prime: That Sion model...

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
need-it.gif

...Though, when it's actually usable in TSL. But still that looks cool.

@Marius: Cool! I love the Jedi Knight series alongside the KotOR series, so this is awesome! Can I ask where and how you got that robe texture from? I know the Models are from Kainzorus Prime & DarthDeadmans Prequel Robe pack that came out recently, but I'm just wondering about how to get other textures for that same model.

I got that texture from the original mod here: http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/ObiWan_Kenobi;46752

@Kainzorus Prime: That Sion model...

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
need-it.gif

...Though, when it's actually usable in TSL. But still that looks cool.

That's a looooong way off i'm afraid, i'm still not 100% about how to get it done properly, so there's a LOT of research and experimentation to be done first!

I got that texture from the original mod here: http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/ObiWan_Kenobi;46752

That's a looooong way off i'm afraid, i'm still not 100% about how to get it done properly, so there's a LOT of research and experimentation to be done first!

Thanks! I'm unfamiliar with .pk3 files and how they, work, put I'll just look up what to do.

And in regards to the Sion model, don't worry, I can wait. It still looks kick-ass though.

It looks great, hopefully you can animate it the same way HK was given melee animations.

I like the new portraits. Won't use the ones that don't face left because it bugs me :p but they still look good.

Righty-o, peeps!

Had some time today where I was doing naff all, so I decided to go ahead and work on the texture for Maw's hilt.

Again, it's a simple texture for a simple hilt, but I think I kinda like this new style of texturing i've found... New for me, that is xD

Here's a render:

Maw001_zps33814d61.jpg

In-game shots will be up tomorrow.

(+50 awesome/nerd points to anyone who can correctly identify the font used in that render and the Sariss one.) :p

As for right now, Marius is off to the pub... Auf Wiedersehen, peeps!

Quick little update as I said last night, here's an in game shot of what Maw's Lightsaber should roughly look like:

Maw002_zps260cc64b.jpg

I say roughly, because there's one small adjustment I need to make in that currently, the PC holds the saber by the base of the 'spikes' which not only causes slight clipping, but also looks bloody painful!

It doesn't look too bad when the saber is drawn as it is there, but when it's just being held deactivated, it looks terrible.

So ja, just need to fix that in the morning then it's on to the next one!

And before anyone asks, yes that's DeadMan and DK's robe model and yes it's a custom texture I made myself. The fact that the head i'm using is black and bald should give you some insight into whose robe it's based on :xp:

(Just noticed I forgot to alter the hands, I left them white xD)

Edit:

Pic's hilt is working perfectly ingame, bringing the grand total of finished hilts up to three: Sariss, Maw and Pic.

Three down, three to go, eh?

I should hopefully complete the sabers for Jerec, Yun and Boc by the end of the week, but that's of course dependent on free time. Screenshots coming when I have something more substantial.

*I can feel one more small hilt pack coming on after this :p*

Archived