Home

EFMI artwork

psychwardangel

Haven't really ever posted on a forum before so i apologise in advance if this a bit clunky. I've been looking around internet and i somehow ended up looking for EFMI art when i came across these and they've been burned into my mind haunting me ever since. Outside of few shifty sites and yt video thumbnails I couldn't find any sign of these and especially not of the full image in a decent quality and so I thought I'd try my luck here

escapemonkeyisland_100870t.pngdownload.png

I've actually been meaning to bring this up too. I have both that magazine and the actual poster (with the as-mentioned different artwork of Guybrush). I just don't have a suitable scanner. The poster is not as large as 2 feet by 3 feet but it is a decent size. I'll take some pictures tonight.

• Like 1

Oh thank God i really thought i've gone insane lol.

1 hour ago, Scummbuddy said:

I've actually been meaning to bring this up too. I have both that magazine and the actual poster (with the as-mentioned different artwork of Guybrush). I just don't have a suitable scanner. The poster is not as large as 2 feet by 3 feet but it is a decent size. I'll take some pictures tonight.

tysm. I'll be looking forward to it ^_^

• Like 1

I totally agree and maybe what can come out of this is a respectable poster and/or a cardboard sleeve to slide over top our EMI boxes. 😛

Unfortunately for my taste, I think I prefer the more dynamic Guybrush on the magazine than what is on the poster. Also of note this poster is NOT from the same magazine in this post. It's actually of a paper size slightly bigger than this magazine and does have staple holes where it was likely inserted in the middle of some magazine. I think when I found it listed on eBay it may have been titled more to do with the Tomb Raider game on the flipside of the poster. The original owner also unfortunately used some sticky tape on the EMI side that tore the artwork away. :(

mFAqcqD.jpeg

32syA6F.jpeg

fIkuEit.jpeg

(Spot reserved for first page of article that I failed to take a picture of...)

MYwQWJ4.jpeg

PXSBRn8.jpeg

I'm curious if I have picked up any of the promo/media discs around this timeframe that may also have this artwork digitally. I may not be able to look for that in my stuff for awhile though.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Ahoy there,

I also always liked this promotional image from Escape. It has a nice atmosphere, but I could never find a decent sized version somewhere online.
I used some upscaling software and tried to clean up the image a little bit, best as I could. It's far from perfect but looks allright.

Also boosted the colors up a little bit; thought I would share my experiment:

EMI_poster_lowres.jpg

• Like 2

On 11/2/2023 at 2:37 PM, Scummbuddy said:

I totally agree and maybe what can come out of this is a respectable poster and/or a cardboard sleeve to slide over top our EMI boxes. 😛

Unfortunately for my taste, I think I prefer the more dynamic Guybrush on the magazine than what is on the poster. Also of note this poster is NOT from the same magazine in this post. It's actually of a paper size slightly bigger than this magazine and does have staple holes where it was likely inserted in the middle of some magazine. I think when I found it listed on eBay it may have been titled more to do with the Tomb Raider game on the flipside of the poster. The original owner also unfortunately used some sticky tape on the EMI side that tore the artwork away. :(

mFAqcqD.jpeg

32syA6F.jpeg

fIkuEit.jpeg

(Spot reserved for first page of article that I failed to take a picture of...)

MYwQWJ4.jpeg

PXSBRn8.jpeg

I'm curious if I have picked up any of the promo/media discs around this timeframe that may also have this artwork digitally. I may not be able to look for that in my stuff for awhile though.

Only seeing this now, any chance for proper 600dpi scans of that centerfold EMI poster? Might make for a worthy addition to the poster project.

• Like 2