Home

How to approach a girl?

AriBen_Kenobi

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Um....take this from a happily married guy in his thirties who only plays games as a hobby rather than an obsession.

1. Give your computer a rest for a while. 2. Get some Visine for your eyes.

3. Spend some time outside and get a tan.

4. Review your wardrobe and loose the poket protector.

5. Dabble in some inteligent non-computer related conversation.

6. Then ask her out as if you were really unconcerned about her answer.

7. If she says yes, stay away from your computer and keep your geek tendecies at bay.

8. If she says no, stalk her and post all your secret pictures here. :rolleyes:

Just be yourself. 95% of girls don't like guys who pretend to be something they're not. If you're not yourself, there's the possibility that you might not like the person you are when you are with her, althought she might like it. Worth it? In the end, no.

Try talking to her first, get to know her a little before you ask her out. Always pays off.

Good luck.

Guest Krayt Tion

Half of these people couldn't even tell a girl from a guy in JKO screenshots. :p Good luck. I would say just do what you do, and if you meet up with someone that digs you, then so be it. I don't sweat it. Stressing over it too much makes you do things that you aren't comfortable doing that might even betray your true self.

Moving to the off-topic Swamp, look for it there...

Okay then, lad. When you approach her, crouch like a tiger ready to pounce. Give her your sexiest snarl, and just as she is about to speak you, pounce! Then proceed to make sweet, sweet love. This is the wisdom that you seek.

Works every time.

Oh yeah, this might seem familiar to Krayt. hehe

[ August 28, 2001: Message edited by: OnlyOneCanoli ]

Okay. Here is the advice from a guy who DOES have a g/f (we are 17 years old), but not only do I have a g/f! My body is a temple and my mind is a shrine! I'm irresitable to woman! :D hehe

The most important part is to get to know her. If you dont know her, then it could be nothing then a crush that will be pointless and waste of time (sorry but it could be exactly that). If you like her more after you get to know her more, that's a good sign. Then you become good friends, but not too much. And of course put the flirt at gear 10!

lol...too funny this topic is. Anyhow, Ari, you mentioned that YOU would sing to her, as referenced in the top-gun movie. Well, my advice to you would be, dont take advice...lol. Just do what comes natural to you. Otherwise, you will seem desperate. No woman likes a needy man, that drewls all over them. Be a man! Save the singing for after you've seen her naked. :D Be nice, agresssive, confident, and dont drewl!! Remeber, she is prvilaged to be talking to you, not the other way around. You are were the party and fun is at, and make her feel like if shes not with you, than she's missing out.. Or you could, tell her your a magician...and you have a really kewl trick. When she asks what it is, tell her that your going to bang her...and then shes going to disapear....lol..only kidding, just be yourself and take a chance..good luck.. :D

Originally posted by Ari-Ben Kenobi:

<STRONG>Theres this one cute british girl without a british accent that i've had my eye on, any suggestions fellow jedi?</STRONG>

1) She needs to get her British accent back

2) If you want to pull a woman, don't go round referring to your acquaintances as "fellow Jedi". It's considered something of a turn-off. :)

Originally posted by TheJackal:

My body is a temple and my mind is a shrine! I'm irresitable to woman! hehe

"I'm out of it for a little while and everyone starts getting delusions of grandeur..." ;)

LOL! Silvergun! Great quote!

Anyway, yeh just be yourself. I mean, if you are nervous, so be it. She will probably be nervous too if you don't know her too well. That's ok though. If you think about it, if you are willing to ask us advice then you are serious enough about this that you should definitely go through with it. (A few too many words there perhaps) Just don't try to act stupid and impress her or draw attention to yourself when she's around or anything. Like for instance, talking very loudly to your friends while watching her out of the corner of your eyes or laughing really loudly when someone tells a joke. Just act normal, and everything will go smooth.

hey there,

i was going to post a similar thread but then i found out the girl i like likes someone else... :(

boo hoo!

remember this, as Ali G sez:

respect yourself, respect the enviroment and most of all respect..... .your self some more!

anyways good luck.

Originally posted by Seryl Cann:

<STRONG>Smart move, asking a group of gamers (mostly guys) how to get a date :p</STRONG>

No kidding... will anyone be terribly offended if I, too, question Ari-Ben's taste in advisors? :D

Seriously, though, all-in-fun wisecracks about gamers and Star Wars fans aside, it depends on the girl. What might be a stunningly brilliant approach for one person can be a staggeringly idiotic move with another. Some go for brash, egotistical bluster and some think nervousness is cute.

There's no way for anyone to give you anything but the most general advice, like "be yourself". That's good, and I agree that you should, but this is probably something you're going to have to stumble through with the girl instead of discussing in committee. :)

not 1 hour ago i met a girl on the bus. i smiled at her at first, she smiled back, so i stuck my tongue out at her, and she laughed and we started talking.

go the tongue. stick the tongue out and see what she does. odd advice, i know, but I don't see any other wild ideas floating round....... cept maybe for those odd force powers.

Question Ari... how well do you know her? are you already friends with this girl, have you been friends with her for some time?? with the whole friendship thing, timing is crucial. there's a "window of opportunity" when you're just starting to get to know each other well. but you have to have the courage to strike when the iron is hot, otherwise you'll miss your chance and end up in the dreaded twilight zone of "just friends"

Ok, I'm going to post my silly ideas first...

1) Do that thing that Garth does in Wayne's World, that is, play Hendrix's "foxy lady", and lip sync it w/ suave, sexy moves, like, the pelvic thrust.

2a) Bring a musical instrument where you normally see her, and start playing Roy Orbison's "Pretty Woman".

2b) Bring a musical instrument where you normally see her, preferably a guitar for this idea, and start playing all, or any of these AC/DC songs: "You shook me all night long", "I've got big balls"(my personal favorite to play), "She's got the jack", "Whole lotta rosie"(insert her name instead of rosie), "Girls got rhythm", or one of these more risky ones: "What do you do for money honey" and "Let me put my love into you".

3) GonkH8ers tongue idea.

Ok, seriously though. Just be yourself, as others have said before me. If there's one thing i learned in all of my nervousness approaching a girl (and ive had a lot of it), is to just be yourself. And i could go on and on about this, but all the good points i can think of are already on this thread, especially denise's post. Gonk elaborated on that perfectly. I guess women are like candy bars, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you dont.

Archived