Home

POLL - Saber Duels, 1st or 3rd person?

CaptainRAVE

I chose 3rd person as this is easiest in combat situations with the lightsaber and is the vies I always took in JK when I had the lightsaber on.

This poll will probably not be very close as I sense the general opinion from the forums is 3rd person views.

What did you all vote for and why??

I can't really understand how anyone can stand 3rd person, but I've known for ages that I'm in the minority there. :)

The only time I use third person in JK is if I'm breaking in a new mod of some sort and the swings have been changed. Even then, I change to first as soon as I'm familiar with them.

Edit: As for why, my situational awareness simply functions a lot better when I'm "in the body" instead of hovering over her shoulder. The wider field of view doesn't compensate for the more awkward aim, and odd as "aim" complaints may sound when dealing with saber combat, one does need to aim. :)

It's hard to describe. I don't feel very threatened --and don't react as fast as I could-- if I just see someone rushing at an abstract 3d model that's supposed to be "me". If you're coming directly for my very viewpoint, though, I'm going to be very well aware of the danger.

[ November 25, 2001: Message edited by: Denise ]

• 10 months later...

Archived